Is there any way to lock and unlock the 9900 using a front button or button combo? I hate having to use the top button. Ive searched all the apps - most just over lay so u have to press the power button anyway- and some have only unlock like with swipe but again no way to lock and also if u use the power button to lock then you have to use that again to unlock.

I just need a simple front button solution to lock and unlock manually. Cant wait for the timeout light out etc! Finally got that pressing A locks it but then again the damn power button to unlock! Cant I have A to lock and then B to unlock type of thing?

Anyone? Any app?

Thanks,
    Ajay
    10-13-11 02:12 PM
    Press and hold */A to lock.
    Don't know any other way to unlock than pressing top key.
    10-13-11 02:27 PM
    Pushing k does a password lock. I use this as I have my auto lock set to 30 mins.

Can't find a way to unlock without the top key though.
    10-13-11 05:00 PM
    Ive been using BB for years but now will have to switch if i can't find a way around something like this!

Any app anyone knows of? I have quick launch but there is no option for lock/unlock else that would be workable.

Thx,
    10-14-11 02:21 AM
    auto keylock
    10-14-11 03:12 AM
    Use a sleeve or holster.
    10-14-11 03:13 AM
    genius! was going to post about this, so thanks
    10-14-11 03:23 AM
    Is there any way to lock and unlock the 9900 using a front button or button combo? I hate having to use the top button. Ive searched all the apps - most just over lay so u have to press the power button anyway- and some have only unlock like with swipe but again no way to lock and also if u use the power button to lock then you have to use that again to unlock.

I just need a simple front button solution to lock and unlock manually. Cant wait for the timeout light out etc! Finally got that pressing A locks it but then again the damn power button to unlock! Cant I have A to lock and then B to unlock type of thing?

Anyone? Any app?

Thanks,
    Ajay
    MediaKeyBooster + ShortcutMe let you lock, unlock keypad by clicking a media key once or multiple time (customizable).

If you use macro in ShortcutMe, you can for example double click a volume key to lock/unlock device (it will also automatically enter password and login using macros).

This works from any screen/other apps, so you don't need to go to BB Home Screen to lock/unlock keypad/device.
    10-14-11 05:33 AM
    Hold the power button down and when the power prompt screen appears... quickly hit the back key.
    lau0, Mavrique and tanson1011 like this.
    11-11-11 06:13 PM
    Hold the power button down and when the power prompt screen appears... quickly hit the back key.
    Nice one! Thanks for the tip!
    11-11-11 08:33 PM
    Thank you so much! The button on the top of my 9930 works only occaisionally. I've been searching for 6 months for a solution. Thank you!!!!
    04-05-12 11:26 AM
    The lock button, as a concept, is a little window into the soul of a dying enterprise. As applied, it isn't much better. Try the one on a 9800 sometime. The 3 stooges could not have made anything sillier.
    04-05-12 09:47 PM
    I personally gave up using the lock button because I use the OtterBox holster. If you use OEM holster or a third party one which has a magnet.

Sent from BlackBerry Bold 9900
    04-05-12 10:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD