So after having a bricked 9900 for 2 months, and sending it off to a 3rd party repair centre, I have decided to send it to fonebank for �100. RIM have annoyed me greatly with their silence, I just wanted something, even if it was a "still working on it". Unfortunatly due to having no reciept and purchasing off eBay with no reply from the seller, I was unable to send it to Vodafone (original carrier) for repair, they were utterly useless, wouldn't even let me pay for a repair. Anyway, it has gone to the post office about 30 minutes ago. I am sticking with my iPhone 4 at the moment, but I am looking for others that want to swap their 9900 for another phone on my local "buy it sell it" facebook group. I will not make the same mistake of getting a 9900 without a reciept, but as soon as I get one, if I get one, then I will put the latest 7.1.260 (I think it's called, probably mixed up the numbers) as people are saying that has fixed it. Now I just have to find a way to persuade my mum to let me swap, I have had 8 phones since August 2011, and the 9900 is the only one I have truly been satisfied with, even if I only got to use it for a day before it bricked. I adore the keyboard on it. Anyway, if an official fix comes out in the next 2 weeks, I will be kicking myself, and RIM.
    02-03-12 10:13 AM
    Whatever did you do that made your 9900 brick on day one???
    02-03-12 10:47 AM
    poor buddy
    02-03-12 10:58 AM
    I haven't got a clue! The seller had it for a month and it was fine, yet I use it for a day and it bricked
    02-03-12 11:01 AM
    Lemme say farewell... from the rest of the 9900 community :-/
    02-03-12 11:02 AM
    General Rule.

Dont Buy Stuff on EBAY.
    02-03-12 11:03 AM
    I have got all my phones second hand, and I have had alot of phones, and all of them, apart from this one have been fine, aslong as I have a receipt with them, if they break, I should be able to take them to the carrier for repair, just got to find a 9900 with a receipt, I can't afford one brand new
    02-03-12 11:07 AM
    The last couple of days my 9900 has just started randomly rebooting itself, over 10 times today, usually in calls. I've not updated anything on it since I got it in November 11 and have only installed facebook, no other apps.

How can they sell a phone that just screws up so badly with no explanation after 2 months, seriously how I've not stamped on it I'll never know.
    02-03-12 12:01 PM
    I'm really sorry for the problems you've been experiencing...
    I personally have nothing but good things to say about my BB 9900.
    02-03-12 12:40 PM
    What does it phone screen look like when it BRICKS?
    02-03-12 12:43 PM
    Regardless of second hand I have read Rim's warranty will cover all BB's less than 1 year old. Food for thought.
    02-03-12 02:58 PM
    I have a 9000 that is dying. I can't decide between a 9900 and a 9790. What are the pros and cons of each? Thanks in advance.
    02-03-12 03:04 PM
    Not to get negative, but I do wonder what you expect when you don't have a receipt and also buy from a third party (ebay). I think you probably wouldn't be writing this post had you purchased your phone directly from a carrier. I still don't get people who buy their phones this way as there is so much risked involved (or long repair periods).

With that said, my 9930 is a great phone and it sucks that you have had such a negative experience.
    02-03-12 03:34 PM
    The last couple of days my 9900 has just started randomly rebooting itself, over 10 times today, usually in calls. I've not updated anything on it since I got it in November 11 and have only installed facebook, no other apps.

How can they sell a phone that just screws up so badly with no explanation after 2 months, seriously how I've not stamped on it I'll never know.
    Have you updated to 7.1 ? If not, do it, it might help your situation.
    02-03-12 03:35 PM
    Let me just say this
    U bought it on ebay; why did u do that?
    Its not Rim's fault u dun get a reply, since u didn't buy the phone from an authorized reseller
    Plus u dun even have ur receipt
    What can u complain about rim?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    02-03-12 04:43 PM
    Yeah caveat emptor dude. If you buy something sight unseen make sure you have a mechanism in place for getting your money back. I thought PayPal offered buyers' protection?
    02-03-12 05:25 PM
    General Rule.

Dont Buy Stuff on EBAY.
    OK, I think that
    02-03-12 05:49 PM
    I've got both the 9900 since Sept 2011 and 9930 since Nov 2011 and they both work like a charm, no issues with overnight charging (which I do everyday), no random reboots whatsoever. I've since sold the 9900 and the new owner is pretty pleased with it too.
    02-03-12 06:59 PM
    sounds like the ebay seller sold you a dud....probally knew there was something wrong with it..

comiserations on having been relegated to an iphone....feel your pain
    02-06-12 07:12 PM
    Ebay is great for a lot of things. I mostly use it to source out of production merchandise. Using is to save a few bucks on Blackberry... not so much. Call it tuition and move on. Oh, wait... Did you say you were going to get a receipt from the next private party you dealt with and give up your iPhone in the process? Perhaps tuition was not the best choice of word.
    02-06-12 10:21 PM
    Not to get negative, but I do wonder what you expect when you don't have a receipt and also buy from a third party (ebay). I think you probably wouldn't be writing this post had you purchased your phone directly from a carrier. I still don't get people who buy their phones this way as there is so much risked involved (or long repair periods).

With that said, my 9930 is a great phone and it sucks that you have had such a negative experience.
    Let me just say this
    U bought it on ebay; why did u do that?
    Its not Rim's fault u dun get a reply, since u didn't buy the phone from an authorized reseller
    Plus u dun even have ur receipt
    What can u complain about rim?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

I've always bought my phones from Craigslist and the manufacturer (through ATT) has always honored warranties. Does your carrier not carry the 9900? Is this the problem? That's the one thing I wont do, get a phone I have to unlock to use on my carrier, then there is no way to work around the warranty.
    02-07-12 09:10 AM
    Yeah caveat emptor dude. If you buy something sight unseen make sure you have a mechanism in place for getting your money back. I thought PayPal offered buyers' protection?
    I thought they did too?

And why ebay? The 9900s on ebay are twice as expensive as the ones on Craigslist.
    02-07-12 09:12 AM
    And why ebay? The 9900s on ebay are twice as expensive as the ones on Craigslist.
    eBay is all we have over here in the UK.

Craigslist is for scammers who are too dumb to open an eBay account.
    02-07-12 09:21 AM
    I can't get my money back because the seller sold me a perfectly working phone, like I said, it worked for a day, then bricked. It wasn't the sellers fault.
    02-07-12 09:41 AM
    I have a 9000 that is dying. I can't decide between a 9900 and a 9790. What are the pros and cons of each? Thanks in advance.
    when my 9000 died, it was a sad, sad day. I replaced it with a 9700 and replaced that with a 9780. My 9900 is barely 2.5 weeks old.. but the battery sucks. The camera on the 9700/9780 is much better than the 9900.

I think that, all in all, I like the 9780 the best because of battery life and camera. The 9900 has a nicer keyboard, but it's louder than the 9700/9780. And, yes, I find that the 9900 to be too thin. I would have preferred it a bit thicker with a better battery.
    02-07-12 09:46 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD