Does it matter where i purchase the device. if i go sprint website its $200. best buy is selling it for $150..

does it affect my plan or features in any way? can i still go to sprint store to get repairs and replacements. does anybody know?

if i can save $50 bucks as well as get a $50 bestbuy giftcard why not. but i want to know if the replacement program/asurion stays the same.
    ZombieCrisis likes this.
    02-07-12 05:25 PM
    The Asurion program is tied to the device not where you bought it. As in all cases read the fine print though.
    02-08-12 02:46 AM
    The Asurion program is tied to the device not where you bought it. As in all cases read the fine print though.
    i see. i use d to work for radioshack and we were told to tell cust that warranty/ exchanges had to go through us. (nver ooened a sprint account for a cust) maybe it was only a tmo thing. or boost thkng)

thank you.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk
    02-08-12 03:29 AM
    Does it matter where i purchase the device. if i go sprint website its $200. best buy is selling it for $150..

does it affect my plan or features in any way? can i still go to sprint store to get repairs and replacements. does anybody know?

if i can save $50 bucks as well as get a $50 bestbuy giftcard why not. but i want to know if the replacement program/asurion stays the same.
    I bought my Sprint Bold 9930 at the BlackBerry Store in Farmington Hills, MI (I was the very 1st customer there and bought the 1st Sprint Bold 9930 on Aug 21st) I'd have bought it at Best Buy, but they didn't have it for a few weeks later. GO to Best Buy, they have the best deal I feel.
    02-08-12 07:36 AM
    I bought my Sprint Bold 9930 at the BlackBerry Store in Farmington Hills, MI (I was the very 1st customer there and bought the 1st Sprint Bold 9930 on Aug 21st) I'd have bought it at Best Buy, but they didn't have it for a few weeks later. GO to Best Buy, they have the best deal I feel.
    they do its 150 plus i can get a $50 bestbuy gift card. i just dont want sprint tech support (if anything happens) to send me away to bestbuy
    02-08-12 09:37 AM
    they do its 150 plus i can get a $50 bestbuy gift card. i just dont want sprint tech support (if anything happens) to send me away to bestbuy
    Sprint will give you customer & tech support no matter where you get the device. My Sprint Curve 8330 went out on me while still under manufactuers warranty (I bought it at Best Buy), And I took it to a Sprint store, and they replaced it with a refurbished one. So no worries, Sprint really doesn't care where you get thier phones, just that you BUY a sprint phone
    02-08-12 12:04 PM
    Sprint will give you customer & tech support no matter where you get the device. My Sprint Curve 8330 went out on me while still under manufactuers warranty (I bought it at Best Buy), And I took it to a Sprint store, and they replaced it with a refurbished one. So no worries, Sprint really doesn't care where you get thier phones, just that you BUY a sprint phone
    awsome thank you!

02-08-12 05:23 PM
    went to go order bb from best buy but it doesnt even give me an option to ourchase asurion insurance. do i need to call sprint after getting from bestbuy or only option from direct buy.

02-08-12 11:08 PM
    don't listen to those who say Sprint will give you customer service and repairs nomatter where you get the device. I got my device in PA and I live in NJ and when I went to a Sprint Corporate store they said they would charge me for troubleshooting since it wasn't bought at at Sprint corp store and I should go back to the place of purchase for free service or replacement. The same info I got when calling Customer Service. My advice for you is to go to either Sprint corporate store close to where you live or work or a Best Buy in the same vicinity, this way if you have any issues, they are close by.
    02-09-12 10:50 AM
    don't listen to those who say Sprint will give you customer service and repairs nomatter where you get the device. I got my device in PA and I live in NJ and when I went to a Sprint Corporate store they said they would charge me for troubleshooting since it wasn't bought at at Sprint corp store and I should go back to the place of purchase for free service or replacement. The same info I got when calling Customer Service. My advice for you is to go to either Sprint corporate store close to where you live or work or a Best Buy in the same vicinity, this way if you have any issues, they are close by.
    Then the store you went to blew the call. I'm a commercial driver rolling the lower 48. I've taken my various BlackBerrys to stores in several states for service or repair, and have maintained TEP thru Sprint even on my Best Buy bought phones. Without fail, they have served me fully, without charge, each and every time.
    02-09-12 11:03 AM
    Then the store you went to blew the call. I'm a commercial driver rolling the lower 48. I've taken my various BlackBerrys to stores in several states for service or repair, and have maintained TEP thru Sprint even on my Best Buy bought phones. Without fail, they have served me fully, without charge, each and every time.
    why cant i purchase equipment protection on best buy website. i guess thats why its $50 cheaper. but i'll cough up the $50 if it means i'll have protection.

Last edited by BBM.Duchess; 02-09-12 at 12:48 PM.
    02-09-12 12:44 PM
    i bought my dad a 9650 from bb. when it went belly up we went through asurion. just log on and make sure the insurance goes with the phone. im going to get that phone in a few days is the 50$gift card still valid? you can also get the phone from craigs list. i got my 9650 from there...
    02-10-12 04:44 PM
    Well I ended up going with Sprint. Paid $370. But I get a mail in rebate. So $250 for celly vs $150 @best buy. $100 deposit (I get that back in a year) and activation fee.

I was gonna go with BestBuy but they don't have the Bold instock its a online order. And I needed a PHONE Asap.

The circumstances I'm in are horrific. BUT the silver lining is I got this AMAZING! Out of the world. Cell phone. The typing is A-FREAKEN-MAZING! Its so light. The keyboard is perfect. I forget its touchscreen but hey no biggie. I do have complication with zooming in the web. But I won't be using web to often I have a Playbook.

What more can a girl ask for. A BB Bold and a Playbook. Maybe a Magenta Camaro. But I need to win the lotto.

I also was able to download Tapatalk on the BB Bold free of charge. Because I downloaded it for a charge on my Playbook. Pretty sweet.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk (o yes! The 9930 please reply with hate mail. Lol)
    02-11-12 07:39 AM
    Well I ended up going with Sprint. Paid $370. But I get a mail in rebate. So $250 for celly vs $150 @best buy. $100 deposit (I get that back in a year) and activation fee.

I was gonna go with BestBuy but they don't have the Bold instock its a online order. And I needed a PHONE Asap.

The circumstances I'm in are horrific. BUT the silver lining is I got this AMAZING! Out of the world. Cell phone. The typing is A-FREAKEN-MAZING! Its so light. The keyboard is perfect. I forget its touchscreen but hey no biggie. I do have complication with zooming in the web. But I won't be using web to often I have a Playbook.

What more can a girl ask for. A BB Bold and a Playbook. Maybe a Magenta Camaro. But I need to win the lotto.

I also was able to download Tapatalk on the BB Bold free of charge. Because I downloaded it for a charge on my Playbook. Pretty sweet.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk (o yes! The 9930 please reply with hate mail. Lol)
    glad to hear you finally got a 9930. i take it sprint wouldnt give you a warranty replacement for the 9650? lol
    i was in the same boat so i went to att and got a 9900. sprint cs lied to me on the phone telling me i could load os7 on my 9650 and that he had it on his 9330 etc.......

so sprint told me i could buy my contract out for $45 and pay 250 for the phone. i went to att and bought 2 torch 9810's and a 9900 and paid $318 lol. bill is only going to be $15 more a month and att payed my act fees and sprint etf's on all 3 phones.

this phone is awesome and even better on 4G!
    02-11-12 07:50 AM
    glad to hear you finally got a 9930. i take it sprint wouldnt give you a warranty replacement for the 9650? lol

i was in the same boat so i went to att and got a 9900. sprint cs lied to me on the phone telling me i could load os7 on my 9650 and that he had it on his 9330 etc.......

so sprint told me i could buy my contract out for $45 and pay 250 for the phone. i went to att and bought 2 torch 9810's and a 9900 and paid $318 lol. bill is only going to be $15 more a month and att payed my act fees and sprint etf's on all 3 phones.

this phone is awesome and even better on 4G!

O haha naw. It wasn't like that. I had warranty. I'm left my EX. Everything was in his name so I had to get a celly in mine. Yea my mom offered to put me on ATT but I would prob end up paying more for less. Plus I heard att block bridge and I have a PB. (I'm a sprint groupie)

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    02-11-12 08:36 AM
    I have bad return experiences at Best Buy. Don't think I'd ever buy another device from there again. I want to buy a product and if I return it for whatever reason I have, that's my right to do if it's within the return date limits and the product is in perfect condition.
    02-11-12 08:56 AM
    I have bad return experiences at Best Buy. Don't think I'd ever buy another device from there again. I want to buy a product and if I return it for whatever reason I have, that's my right to do if it's within the return date limits and the product is in perfect condition.

I gad called BestBuy before I was "going" to go, - asked about EPP and why it wasn't available online.They said BestBuy doesn't offer it but that I could call sprint after activation to get it. But I ended up not getting it from Sprint. Cause BestBuy doesn't offer 9930 in stores. I paid $100 extra but well worth it.

02-11-12 09:37 AM
    The 9930 is awesome! So I absolutely love it. PICTURES! Are so clear and beautiful. No auto focus but it takes fast clear pictures! I just left my EX for the BB Bold 9930. Its official. Rolls are changed. Now I get to abuse my BB lol. already 10am. And my Batt is almost dead.

02-11-12 09:56 AM
    The 9930 is awesome! So I absolutely love it. PICTURES! Are so clear and beautiful. No auto focus but it takes fast clear pictures! I just left my EX for the BB Bold 9930. Its official. Rolls are changed. Now I get to abuse my BB lol. already 10am. And my Batt is almost dead.

you lucky there are no laws against device abuse

os7.1 is awesome.

now i have one question that remains unanswered....

can you use use hotspot with a gsm network? for example t-mobile on a 9930
    02-11-12 10:50 AM
    O haha naw. It wasn't like that. I had warranty. I'm left my EX. Everything was in his name so I had to get a celly in mine. Yea my mom offered to put me on ATT but I would prob end up paying more for less. Plus I heard att block bridge and I have a PB. (I'm a sprint groupie)

Honestly I was a huge sprint groupie but I pay $15 more monthly for 3 phones. No free nav but bb traffic is free and I don't know what a dead spot is. All the places where my sprint dropped reception my 9900 has 4G.

Ohh and I'm on bridge right now. They blocked it at first but I'm running it just fine.

Just some food for thought. I was always repping sprint but they're pretty tight as far as things they can do to help you and when that altell merger fell through it tanked their service.

Sent from my BlackBerry using Tapatalk
    02-11-12 03:50 PM
    Honestly I was a huge sprint groupie but I pay $15 more monthly for 3 phones. No free nav but bb traffic is free and I don't know what a dead spot is. All the places where my sprint dropped reception my 9900 has 4G.

Ohh and I'm on bridge right now. They blocked it at first but I'm running it just fine.

Just some food for thought. I was always repping sprint but they're pretty tight as far as things they can do to help you and when that altell merger fell through it tanked their service.

My mom always tryna get me on att. I tell her, the plan seems cheap cause you have to pay extra for voicemail, and the basic services. Hahah she tried to show me the nav on her iphone. I'm like why are you holding it backwards. She said I always hold it the way I'm traveling. Ummmmm Sprint/tele nav does it automatically. Lol..

I guess it depends where you located here sprint is pretty good. Never had a problem. Yea a lot of people say the merger was worse thing possible.

02-11-12 04:07 PM
    My mom always tryna get me on att. I tell her, the plan seems cheap cause you have to pay extra for voicemail, and the basic services. Hahah she tried to show me the nav on her iphone. I'm like why are you holding it backwards. She said I always hold it the way I'm traveling. Ummmmm Sprint/tele nav does it automatically. Lol..

I guess it depends where you located here sprint is pretty good. Never had a problem. Yea a lot of people say the merger was worse thing possible.

Which merger. Are you talking about the tmo/att merger fail or the sprint dumping altell anti merger. Lol.

The only voicemail you have to pay for is visual voicemail. Not trying to bash sprint or argue but until a week ago I used to say the same things. Wasn't until I started looking at plans that I realized that they were debunked. Lol

I said the same things about sprint here but I kept dropping calls, phone said I had 3G but never could connect, called sprint and they put a ticket in, called back and they said it was fixed and I told them it wasn't, put another ticket in and they said it was fixed again and again it wasn't, I have so many nightmare stories about them from the past month I spent on the phone with them its crazy.

I'm glad your happy with sprint and they're great for you where you live but just hope the signal doesn't drop because its not getting fixed. Lol. Same thing happened to my buddy jesse in MI. Lost all ability to call and surf, sprint credited him and said it would be fixed in x amount of days etc....

Just a crazy few months I had with sprint, don't mean to hijack your thread, if we bbm'd I could tell you some stories that would make you laugh real hard if your a berry geek. Lol

02-11-12 04:30 PM
    Verizon absorbed AllTel and shut down many 'redundant' towers, and Sprint had a roaming deal on those towers. Oops.
    02-11-12 04:42 PM
    Which merger. Are you talking about the tmo/att merger fail or the sprint dumping altell anti merger. Lol.

The only voicemail you have to pay for is visual voicemail. Not trying to bash sprint or argue but until a week ago I used to say the same things. Wasn't until I started looking at plans that I realized that they were debunked. Lol

I said the same things about sprint here but I kept dropping calls, phone said I had 3G but never could connect, called sprint and they put a ticket in, called back and they said it was fixed and I told them it wasn't, put another ticket in and they said it was fixed again and again it wasn't, I have so many nightmare stories about them from the past month I spent on the phone with them its crazy.

I'm glad your happy with sprint and they're great for you where you live but just hope the signal doesn't drop because its not getting fixed. Lol. Same thing happened to my buddy jesse in MI. Lost all ability to call and surf, sprint credited him and said it would be fixed in x amount of days etc....

Just a crazy few months I had with sprint, don't mean to hijack your thread, if we bbm'd I could tell you some stories that would make you laugh real hard if your a berry geek. Lol

To each his own lol. The chick next to ask what I have I said sprint. She like o. I got att me and my mom pay 250. I'm like. Dang. I got (had) 3 lines paid less. Now I'm solo! My BB 9930 has kept me sane the last 24 hrs. Lol.

02-11-12 08:02 PM
    I notice the. Trackpad lights is a different color then keyboard and home keys. Is their a chance its capable of changing colors like the led?

02-11-12 08:07 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD