08-24-11 07:49 PM
40 12
tools
    2 weeks is going to feel like a lifetime...

I'm hoping I get mine in a day or so. Shipping to Hawaii always sucks.
    I know it is! I hope the new curve is out by then or at least has a release date.

Hawaii!? JEALOUS!
    08-23-11 07:09 PM
    I know it is! I hope the new curve is out by then or at least has a release date.

Hawaii!? JEALOUS!
    Ah, well if you do plan to wait for the new Curve, then it might not seem so long since it hasnt even been released yet.

Haha, no need to be jealous, Hawaii isn't all that great. Maybe to visit, but living here is a whole different thing.
    08-23-11 07:12 PM
    Yeah I heard mid September, so I will see in two weeks!

And yeah I am planning a trip there next March. A good friend just moved from Hawaii last summer to Florida, I couldnt imagine a bottle of water being as expensive as it is there lol
    08-23-11 07:18 PM
    Yeah, cost of living here is outrageous. It gets even more insane when you look at retail prices at stores in high tourist areas such as Waikiki. You can get a bottle of water at a regular local supermarket for pretty cheap though
    08-23-11 07:23 PM
    Craziness! I am sure it is beautiful though!
    08-23-11 07:32 PM
    Yeah....that it is.
    08-23-11 07:39 PM
    @CassidyNicoleXO.....if you are on a family share plan the easiest way to get a new 9930 without paying full price would be to add a line to the account.
    08-23-11 07:44 PM
    @CassidyNicoleXO.....if you are on a family share plan the easiest way to get a new 9930 without paying full price would be to add a line to the account.
    Be aware though that you will have to pay the monthly line charge on top of an additional monthly data charge. So roughly $40/month to add the phone to a family plan (with the cheapest tiered data package).
    08-23-11 07:51 PM
    Yeah that is what I heard.. then I would be paying $40 a month and that is kinda ridiculous for just a phone lol.
    08-23-11 08:51 PM
    Be aware though that you will have to pay the monthly line charge on top of an additional monthly data charge. So roughly $40/month to add the phone to a family plan (with the cheapest tiered data package).
    You will not have to pay for an extra data package. Add the extra line to get the phone and then switch the new phone to your current number. On the new line simply put an old feature phone that you have had before (something that doesn't require a data package). Now you are only paying $9.99 for the new line.

I do this all the time for customers who come in needing to replace a broken phone or just want a new device with no upgrade or insurance available. It is not a big deal at all. PM me if you need help getting this done.\

PS....I'm a Verizon rep in case you haven't figured that out.
    Last edited by chiggin; 08-24-11 at 03:09 PM.
    08-24-11 08:09 AM
    Messaged.. The women I talked to at Verizon was very adamant that I would have to pay $40 a month if I wanted to do that.
    08-24-11 10:03 AM
    Messaged back.....the lady you talked to at Verizon is not thinking outside the box. lol
    08-24-11 03:08 PM
    I got a droid x to replace my storm one when the DX just came out. I could only take it for 28 days before I took it back and got a bold 9650. That was on froyo. I just bought a droid x about 3 weeks ago and its running Gb. I thought a year later the random restarts and OS bugs would be worked out. Nope. Random restarts all the time. Sometimes a minute after it booted back up. I just ordered a BB 9930 and got it today. The X is on ebay. What a crappy phone.
    08-24-11 07:22 PM
    Yeah this phone SUCKS!
    08-24-11 07:30 PM
    Yeah, dishonesty always pays!
    I stand by what I said. I don't think it's immoral. If a phone is acting up like the OP's is, even after reloading the OS, it should be replaced under warranty. If they won't replace it and the phone is insured, I would have no problem with saying "I had an accident and now the phone spontaneously restarts" in order to get a new one. Once you get your replacement phone, no moral code regulates what you do with it. Free to sell it and get the phone you really want. You're not scamming anyone out of anything. You're getting a functioning phone which is what you paid for in the first place, and you're selling it for a different phone that you like more.

We pay so much for these devices that we shouldn't be having these kinds of problems. And a lot of the time, carriers will leave their customers out to dry when things like this happen. In such a case, I would take it into my own hands.
    08-24-11 07:49 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD