In the next few weeks I'll hopefully be upgrading from a Pearl 9100 (with Bell) to the 9900. Could anybody recommend any legit websites to order one from (other than the obvious websites of Rogers, Bell, etc)? I'd prefer white, but black would be alright.

I've found a black one on eBay (https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=XVB8BAz1), but I'm a bit weary of ordering from EvilBay lol

Also, if I ordered a phone, unlocked it, and used it on my existing contract, would the 1 year manufacturer warranty still be valid?

Thanks
    02-01-12 08:29 AM
    The warranty would only work if you are using the phone on the same carrier it was originally meant for (Eg: Bell device on Bell, Rogers on Rogers....). If you buy a Rogers 9900 via eBay to use on Bell, the warranty would not help you out should anything go wrong.

Your best best is to buy via your carrier or a store like Best Buy that might have their own return policy.
    02-01-12 09:00 AM
    Like already stated, I always suggest to buy directly from your carrier. I've seen way too many posts here on CB of people buying their phones from a third party (ebay, private individuals, etc) only to run into problems later if there is an issue with the hand set. It makes sense that carriers only swap out handsets from people with a receipt or other proof of the original sale. There are way too many scammers trying to swap out dead phones.

Especially considering the bricking issues some people have, I would hate to see your expensive 9900/9930 become a paper weight just because you bought it from a third party without warranty protection.
    02-01-12 10:41 AM
    I bought mine from Amazon. It was for a new contract but it was only one cent. The thing about that is you get locked into the carrier contract with their own ETF AND you get locked into Amazon for 181 days. If you break contract before that date, you get charged the carrier ETF and also 200 dollars from Amazon.
    02-01-12 11:02 AM
    I bougth 4 BB9930 unlocked from eBay and all works great
    02-01-12 11:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD