Hey guys, first time poster but very informed on whats going on in the berry/crackberry world.

My question is, should I buy the 9900 right now? or wait for the QNX devices.

I had been thinking android all the way once my 9780 stopped working and was set on it but then, I thought about blackberry. BBM, best call quality, best antenna, best messaging, best emails and it also does facebook and twitter very well. Most of my freinds have iPhones but I think there for babies, no one even plays games. Plus I got my playbook for that.

I love the 9900 Form factor its so slick and sexy but I dont know if I should hold off. I love the keyboard though and Ive heard QNX will be all touch which i Dont like

So, Is it too late to get a 9900?
    03-01-12 03:25 AM
    Nope it's never ever too late to pick up a device like the 9900. Why is that? Peoples are still picking it up like hot cakes.
    It's up to you what you want to do. Don't be indesive ''WeNeedToolsNotToys''
    I see you already digged around on the internet on the BB10 devices and so on.
    Every person has their own prefered choices. Iphones are ok but it's not for me right now.
    I don't call Iphone users a baby. It's clearly not for you.
    Make a solid choice on what you want since you already have informed yourself very well.
    You only need to give yourself the greenlight. WeWantASolidChoiceNotAIndesiveChoice.
    03-01-12 03:40 AM
    Its never to late but buy the device you like ! Remember BB 10 has no real launch date and who knows how many bugs it may have if any. You will like the bold its a great device and remember no matter what device you decide on there is always a newer device around the corner.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    03-01-12 03:45 AM
    Its a good phone. Its latest OS is extremely smooth and stable. Get it at a good price since its been out quite awhile there should be discounts.
    03-01-12 04:01 AM
    Get that puppy!

I was out yesterday and popped into a phone store to see the 9790 as I nearly bought that before the 9900 and boy was I pleased I got the 9900. The keyboard is like night and day though I'm sure I'd have been happy with that too... till I would have seen the 9900.

I used to have the Torch and loved it to pieces but seriously... the 9900 is the best.

The way things are we're always waiting for the next version of something and if you're not careful you can wait forever. I'm going to be using my 9900 and I'll let BB10 devices come out and settle before I look at buying them as this just fits my needs perfectly.

I see you have a Playbook too? Perfect combination
    03-01-12 04:55 AM
    Well waiting makes people crazy.
    Like everyone says Bb10 has no release date.
    So that can be in 3months or 3 years (don't think that long but who knows).
    Let me tell you that i had the 9700 i was pleased but sometimes it was slow on browsing, but now its 3 months that i have the 9900 and the keyboard is really awsome.
    It has also nfc(never used it, but it has it.)
    I want to buy a white one for my girlfriend but in netherlands those devices are like 450-500euros(600-700dollars) so, i'm waiting for a great deal.

My advice is: just get it, and if the bb10 will come out sooner then u think sell the 9900. Or go buy a second hand one if you dont want to spend to much money on it. Just get it.
    03-01-12 05:17 AM
    A lot of people face that dilemma, as did I. My Bold 9000 was knackered so I had to update and it's a 24 month contract so I will probably spend the final 12 months longing for a shiny new QNX Blackberry. However, I am very happy with my 9900 and it suits my needs perfectly, and the new QNX versions won't change that. I have a Playbook for my QNX fix and it's a good combination.

I think most people here would agree that Blackberry's launch software versions aren't anywhere near as good as the updates that leak out months later, so, having been a test pilot for the Playbook and put up with OS1 for months I think I will let other pioneers do that on my behalf with QNX. 12 months after launch I expect all the wrinkles to be nice and sorted
    03-01-12 07:27 AM
    I say upgrade to the 9900..it does everything I need it to do, and fast! Also I'm always too impatient to wait..especially for bb10 since there is officially no release date for it. Good luck on making your decision.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    03-01-12 07:32 AM
    Go ahead and upgrade to the 9900. If it's meets your needs don't wait for the bb10 devices.
    03-01-12 07:56 AM
    I was pretty much in the same situation. *notice I'm speaking in the past-tense!* I had a fully functional, custom 9800 Torch and a full HUP on my wireless account. It was like sitting around with a wallet full of money! I was debating between a white 9900 and waiting for the release of BB10 devices, but in the end I went for the BOLD (with Blackberry Guy pushing me over the 'do-it-now' edge in a ever-so-subltle way! haha).

It's been 3 days with this super-sexy (not to mention FAST) device and not a regret to be had. I'm in LOVE!
    03-01-12 08:18 AM
    "Tools not Toys"

I feel like QNX is more for younger generation. That's why I will keep my 9930 just in case.
    03-01-12 08:22 AM
    Honestly what did you expect asking that in a blackberry forum? That's like going to a Mercedes dealership asking if you should buy that or a Honda. Personally, it depends on what and how you're using the phone. If you use your phone more like a computer then android or iPhone is the way to go hands down. Email on android (especially gmail) is top notch and I would put that up against bb any day. I had an iPhone for a few months and it was a nice phone as well, was just kind of boring for me, as I didn't like the icon based interface. Blackberry's latest is a nice phone and is good at what it does, but is really nothing special in today's market of super phones.

Sent from my AOKP AXI0M GNEX using Tapatalk
    03-01-12 08:28 AM
    Hey guys, first time poster but very informed on whats going on in the berry/crackberry world.

My question is, should I buy the 9900 right now? or wait for the QNX devices.

I had been thinking android all the way once my 9780 stopped working and was set on it but then, I thought about blackberry. BBM, best call quality, best antenna, best messaging, best emails and it also does facebook and twitter very well. Most of my freinds have iPhones but I think there for babies, no one even plays games. Plus I got my playbook for that.

I love the 9900 Form factor its so slick and sexy but I dont know if I should hold off. I love the keyboard though and Ive heard QNX will be all touch which i Dont like

So, Is it too late to get a 9900?
    I've had my Sprint Bold 9930 since the day it was released and couldn't be happier getting it (I had a Curve 8330 for over 2yrs before that) My advice, you can get a Bold 9900 at a fantastic price (I paid the initial $250.00 for my Bold 9930) and like many have said, knowing how RIM delays thier devices, you may not see a 0s10 QNX you'd like until early fall or later of this year. Again, go with the Bold 9900, and like me, in 2013 I'll have a better upgraded BB QNX to choose from.
    03-01-12 08:48 AM
    Honestly what did you expect asking that in a blackberry forum? That's like going to a Mercedes dealership asking if you should buy that or a Honda. Personally, it depends on what and how you're using the phone. If you use your phone more like a computer then android or iPhone is the way to go hands down. Email on android (especially gmail) is top notch and I would put that up against bb any day. I had an iPhone for a few months and it was a nice phone as well, was just kind of boring for me, as I didn't like the icon based interface. Blackberry's latest is a nice phone and is good at what it does, but is really nothing special in today's market of super phones.

He his comparing the same brand just differnt model. Like should you buy next get prius or current prius... and asking for current user's experiences.. off course we are biased toward bb here.. quite obviously...
    Question is.. Are you looking for information here? or... just curious...
    Last edited by guzprom; 03-01-12 at 09:13 AM.
    03-01-12 09:06 AM
    Got a 9900 and I love it, I had an iPhone before and I don't know how I did without a qwerty keyboard on the phone lol. I thought about waiting for the BB10 device, but now I love the qwerty keyboard and there's no BB10 phones with a keyboard so I'll wait. Get a 9900!
    03-01-12 09:19 AM

Pretty sure you missed the boat with the OP's question.
    03-01-12 09:29 AM
    Yea looking back at the ops post, I might have missed it a little bit. First read, sounded like he was considering android but for whatever reason backed off. I was just throwing out my opinion since I have actually owned all three (iphone4, 9930 and galaxy nexus).

03-01-12 09:39 AM
    Cool. Ive used all three as well.. Still using 2 of them now. Still waiting ICS for my note. So damn jittery with this 2.3.6 gingerbread. but that's discussion for another forum
    03-01-12 09:42 AM
    I like the larger keyboard and improvements in the OS. But, I cannot make a decision for you because either you going love it of hate it, it is a personal choice.
    03-01-12 09:47 AM
    Cool. Ive used all three as well.. Still using 2 of them now. Still waiting ICS for my note. So damn jittery with this 2.3.6 gingerbread. but that's discussion for another forum
    Yea, currently using the Nexus...have owned 4 other Androids before. Your Note won't feel like the same phone after ics update. Definitely a huge step forward for Android.

03-01-12 09:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD