I'm debating if I should buy the Bold 9900 or wait for BBX OS to be released.

Any idea at all when the new OS will come out?
    11-26-11 06:24 PM
    How long are you willing to wait? Are you ok with being an "early adopter"? If had to guess, I don't see BBX coming out sooner than Q2 of next year. I would say get the 9900 now that way by the time your due for an upgrade again, hopefully the OS will have matured and most of the bugs worked out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-26-11 06:32 PM
    I've been reading about the "Nuking" "Bricking" issues. How can I avoid from this happening to me and sharing my experience on the forums?

Is this something I should consider or shall I just go and hope for the best?

Many thanks!
    11-26-11 06:38 PM
    Get the 9900 the first bbx phone wont have a keyboard.
    BBLifeSentence likes this.
    11-26-11 06:38 PM
    BBX is said to be released before Q3 according to rumors and I agree on that. Buy 9900 and let BBX devices release, see if you like it or not. If you do i say go for the 2nd gen BBX devices.
    xLcs and BBLifeSentence like this.
    11-26-11 06:39 PM
    I had similar questions, but took advantage of a good deal at costco today and got the 9900. I figure by the time I'm eligible for an upgrade again, everything should be in place with a better selection of phones. And in the meantime, I'll have an outstanding phone to use
    11-26-11 07:13 PM
    Get 9900 because this device is only came out around 5 months ago and quite powerful. I have a feeling bbx may be upgradable for this flagship phone.
    11-26-11 07:22 PM
    I had similar questions, but took advantage of a good deal at costco today and got the 9900. I figure by the time I'm eligible for an upgrade again, everything should be in place with a better selection of phones. And in the meantime, I'll have an outstanding phone to use
    I was in a similar place, and started a similar thread (although I was also considering trying another Android device). Getting a full discount from Tmo 9 months early tipped the scale for me in favor of the 9900. So I ordered yesterday.

There are things that I know I like about the 9900, e.g., bigger screen and bigger keyboard than my 9780. And I know that I will appreciate being able to use the 9900 as a Bluetooth keyboard for my PlayBook. But I don't really know what BBX will bring to the table, apart from newness. And it may be a rough ride for the early adopters, just as OS 7 is still rough around the edges. Assuming that I can avoid the bricking, and get decent battery life on a newer version of the 9900 OS, it seems like a BB that I could easily hang onto for over a year. After that, we'll see.
    11-26-11 07:36 PM
    To help your decision-making process ... the first BBX phone will be a full touch-screen-only device. We're seeing anywhere from March to 3Q 2012 for its release. It will likely be several months after that before we see a BBX phone with a physical keyboard.it is also highly unlikely that BBX will be able to be loaded on the 99xx phones. If you prefer a keyboard and want the latest and greatest candybar phone, you should probably grab the 9900 now. If you prefer the latest and greatest touch screen BB, you may want to hold out for BBX.
    11-26-11 08:10 PM
    First gens are always iffy and that stands true for the 99xx too. Look at the heap of troubles this new os has got. Finally, it seems that the devices are stablizing with the new os vers. This same excercise is bound to happen with bbx too. I'd suggest get the bb9900 as it has already been tested to an extent. Once the bbx releases, let it float, get stable & only then get it. Known devil is better than an unknown devil.

11-27-11 03:34 AM
    I suggest you get the 9900 first instead of waiting for BBX. BBX won't come out until mid next year, and hopefully 9900 can run that OS soon. 9900 is tested and it's worth it.
    11-27-11 03:49 AM
    I also wanted to wait for a bbx device. But when I got my 9900 I don't regret it for a second.

Of all the people I know none have bricked. I've heard a friend of a friend's did, but that was one of many.

11-27-11 04:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD