Hi! I bought my Brand-New Blackberry Bold 9930 on "ebay" for $300. I unlocked it, and start using with my old AT&T SIM Card.
    However, my blackberry only gets EDGE (crap), and I have heard that it is even 4G capable!!!!! S***! Therefore I was planning to re-sell it, and get a Rogers 9900 wich is totally unlockable for GSM 3G use, and some others 9900 for 4G! But the price rises up to no less than $400.. Then I heard, that a new BB, called BBX or QNX, whatsoever, is releasing nearly on 2012. Since it hasn't been launched yet, I don't know if the new one will be real worth it...

What do you think, Should i Wait with my EDGE-Crapped Blackberry Bold 9930, the QNX/BBX blackberry releases, or just go for the 9900?
    Last edited by PRE7ORIANO; 11-09-11 at 10:53 AM.
    11-09-11 10:48 AM
    AT&T just launched the Bold 9900 this weekend you know, if you have an equipment upgarde you can just use it on a bold for $199. and i think BBX phone was just announced not too long ago, they havnt really announce when it will be launched
    11-09-11 11:00 AM
    AT&T just launched the Bold 9900 this weekend you know, if you have an equipment upgarde you can just use it on a bold for $199. and i think BBX phone was just announced not too long ago, they havnt really announce when it will be launched
    Currently there is no BBX devices announced. If you want to get a 9900 to use on AT&T it would be best to get the AT&T branded one through the carrier. The Verizon/Sprint 9930 may not run the same 3G frequency that AT&T uses when on GSM. That's probably your issue. The 9930 is designed to give you 3G data when traveling abroad when on GSM networks. Not sure how it'd work here in the States.
    11-09-11 11:11 AM
    Currently there is no BBX devices announced. If you want to get a 9900 to use on AT&T it would be best to get the AT&T branded one through the carrier. The Verizon/Sprint 9930 may not run the same 3G frequency that AT&T uses when on GSM. That's probably your issue. The 9930 is designed to give you 3G data when traveling abroad when on GSM networks. Not sure how it'd work here in the States.
    That's correct. 9930 will only run on EDGE when set to GSM in North America, it does not contain the necessary 3G frequencies used here (it will get 3G overseas).

The 1st BBX phone will be at earliest Q1 of next year (March?), but if the rumours are true, more likely Q2 (that's possibly June!).
    11-09-11 11:20 AM
    alexchiu0625;6838838: AT&T just launched the Bold 9900 this weekend you know, if you have an equipment upgarde you can just use it on a bold for $199. and i think BBX phone was just announced not too long ago, they havnt really announce when it will be launched

I love my blackberry bold 9930 but i hate AT&T. I heard about the deal of $200 and then 2y contract... but once my actual contract expires, i'm out! T-Mobile and AT&T hasn't been a good option for me... their costumer services has been useless everytime that i needed help. Last time I went to register my BB9930 to activate the VPN and when they saw the verizon trademark under the keyboard the said: "I'm sorry we don't do verizon phones" and i was like, What???! Seriously.. Besides, I'm going to Europe for the next 2 years and I wanted a nice global phone... so I wouldn't make the contract anyway..
    11-09-11 11:35 AM
    That's correct. 9930 will only run on EDGE when set to GSM in North America, it does not contain the necessary 3G frequencies used here (it will get 3G overseas)...
    Will it? I'm going to live in Europe for the next 2 years, so if my BB9930 runs 3G out there I won't have to buy a new one.. That'll certainly be nice!! Btw, Europe doesn't have 4G yet, or so It's what I've heard... is that true?
    11-09-11 11:42 AM
    Will it? I'm going to live in Europe for the next 2 years, so if my BB9930 runs 3G out there I won't have to buy a new one.. That'll certainly be nice!! Btw, Europe doesn't have 4G yet, or so It's what I've heard... is that true?
    Theoretically you should be able to, and since it's unlocked you should be able to use a European SIM card in your BB as well.
    11-09-11 11:47 AM
    Yes, European carriers have H+ (same "4G" as AT&T and TMobile), they just market it as 3G...

You should be fine getting 3G/4G in Europe, but to be sure you have to compare the frequencies used by the carrier you are going to use against the ones in the 9930. But from what I've seen it shouldn't be an issue.
    11-09-11 11:59 AM
    I bought my Brand-New Blackberry Bold 9930 on "ebay" for $300. I unlocked it, and start using with my old AT&T SIM Card.
    However, my blackberry only gets EDGE (crap), and I have heard that it is even 4G capable!!!!! S***!
    So, you have a "Sprint" 9930 Bold using an old at&t SIM Card?
    11-09-11 01:18 PM
    dont get a 9900.
    11-09-11 01:30 PM
    Get the Storm 2 lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    whyamisoepic likes this.
    11-10-11 07:09 PM
    Based on what RIM has said, it takes some time before BBX running devices are out.

In the mean time, it is a good idea to get a 9900/9930 and enjoy its perfect keypad and battery life (comparing to iPhone 4S that needs 2 charges in a single day, once at work and once at home).

By the time BBX devices are out, you can switch to them and run all the apps Android developers have written now and in the mean time as you use your 9900/9930!
    11-10-11 08:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD