When I got to work this morning I had a little surprise. The "V" button fell off my 9930 from Verizon.

But lucky I called Verizon right away and they are replacing the phone for free, I just have to go to the nearest store on my lunch break.
    08-24-11 10:43 AM
    Of all letters to fall off, the V on a Verizon phone. I am also hearing about the buttons just below the screen causing the plastic to stick up. They should replace quickly!
    08-24-11 10:47 AM
    Of all letters to fall off, the V on a Verizon phone. I am also hearing about the buttons just below the screen causing the plastic to stick up. They should replace quickly!
    I was just thinking the same thing about how strange it was for the V button to come off like that. Never heard of that before.
    08-24-11 10:51 AM
    ::Checking "V" button::
    08-24-11 11:13 AM
    Would they replace it if i the one year warranty ended?
    08-24-11 11:44 AM
    Would they replace it if i the one year warranty ended?
    Doesnt the 9900/9930 come with a 2 yr warranty??? The ones being sold here in the UK come with a 2yr standard warranty....i got a 2yr warranty with vodafone on my 9780, am in my first yr but am gonna send it back to get it fixed as the "i" button doesnt work all the time.
    08-24-11 12:57 PM
    I made sure I took a picture of the phone before I handed it over to the reps in case they try to charge me.
    Guatiao and austriker like this.
    08-24-11 01:07 PM
    Oh I also do find it ironic that it was the V button that came off.

I would have tried to fix it myself if I knew when it came off and where the button was.
    Last edited by rpimpsner; 08-24-11 at 01:34 PM.
    08-24-11 01:26 PM
    Doesnt the 9900/9930 come with a 2 yr warranty??? The ones being sold here in the UK come with a 2yr standard warranty....
    The 2yr warranty is mandatory in the EU see Sale of consumer goods and associated guarantees
    This may also explain why some goods are more expensive in the EU

In the USA, the wrranty duration is generally 1 year ( sometime less )
    08-24-11 01:35 PM
    OMG!!! When I looked at that picture it was like looking at a car crash, I was horrified! Please WARN me of graphic images!!!!
    08-24-11 01:37 PM
    I went to the store and spent some time trying to get them to honor what was told to me. Once I spoke with the manager and she saw the device she had no problem exchanging it for me.

Other than the button the phone looked brand new, not a scratch or finger print on it.
    08-24-11 01:44 PM
    My trackpad is not completely flush ith the screen, should I replace that or is it the norm like If I hold it up straight I can kind of see the tracklight under the plastic, but just barely.

If I push down very lightly the plastic moves without pushing a button....
    Last edited by FranzJoseph; 08-24-11 at 02:04 PM.
    08-24-11 02:00 PM
    My trackpad is not completely flush ith the screen, should I replace that or is it the norm like If I hold it up straight I can kind of see the tracklight under the plastic, but just barely.

If I push down very lightly the plastic moves without pushing a button....
    This is a known issue. So, you should change your phone for sure. Just out of curiosity, I wonder how many iPhones has failed(manufacturing defects) compared to Blackberries in terms of percentage?
    08-24-11 02:29 PM
    This is a known issue. So, you should change your phone for sure. Just out of curiosity, I wonder how many iPhones has failed(manufacturing defects) compared to Blackberries in terms of percentage?
    Are you kidding me, do you think if I just lived with it, I would be fine? I don't live near a Telus place so they have to ship it to me and that is the most annoying thing ever...
    08-24-11 02:34 PM
    That is a good question, I chalked my issue up to a freak accident. It happens sometimes. I just hate spending the rest of the day reinstalling all the apps because they cant do that for me at the verizon store.
    I think iPhone was supposed to be 2x more.

But then again. all 3 million of the first iPhones were manufacturing defects. :P

But yeah i think rim is 6 and iphone was like 12.
    then Android at like 35.
    mssca likes this.
    If the "V" button falls off your iPhone, then you've got big problems!
    decypher44 and o7eX like this.
    08-24-11 02:40 PM
    Are you kidding me, do you think if I just lived with it, I would be fine? I don't live near a Telus place so they have to ship it to me and that is the most annoying thing ever...
    I work at BestBuy Mobile Canada and I had to change my phone 2 times already.

First 9900: Light bleeds from the bottom of the phone

Second 9900: Double type and some keys when clicked make a noise.

Telus took my credit card information and told me that if I am laying about the two exchanged phones, they will charge me $600. If they do that I will go to RIM head office and yell at the first ***** I see in their. I am a University student and I don't have $600 to spend on RIM's mistakes!!!!

I exchanged many, many Bold 9900 phones with Made in Mexico 4 for BestBuy customers. This touch pad issue is one of them.... So, if I were you, I would change it for sure. It seems like Telus models have the MOST problems compared to Rogers and others. Sorry.
    Last edited by mss-ca; 08-24-11 at 02:55 PM.
    08-24-11 02:53 PM
    i am checking all the buttons...
    08-24-11 04:04 PM
    I made sure I took a picture of the phone before I handed it over to the reps in case they try to charge me.
    what a cool evidence...are you a police officer or CIA?
    08-24-11 04:04 PM
    what a cool evidence...are you a police officer or CIA?
    Considering that Telus told me that they MAY charge me $600 for my returned two phones, I would take million photos before send it in.
    08-24-11 04:07 PM
    so i am privileged to be with rogers 9900? yei !!!!
    08-24-11 04:09 PM
    i have a bold 9900 from voda uk and have been using for about a month now. yesterday my 0 button looks like its about to fall off

wtf

its made in hungry where i believe the quality is meant to be better.

im well
    09-28-11 10:43 AM
    i have a bold 9900 from voda uk and have been using for about a month now. yesterday my 0 button looks like its about to fall off

wtf

its made in hungry where i believe the quality is meant to be better.

im well
    Can you show us a picture if you don't mind?
    09-28-11 10:56 AM
    I googled for 3 hours and can find no evidence of the V button ever falling off an iPhone.
    austriker likes this.
    09-28-11 10:59 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD