Is anyone worried about the build quality of the first Bolds off the production line? These are the ones we will all be buying. All the reviews I have seen tout the amazing solidarity of the phone, although this is subject to change once they hit mass production, especially on a device that is rushed to launch as this one is. I purchased a Tour 9630 the day it launched at VZW. I ended up returning the phone after a month for keyboard issues; the keys were slightly moving and the battery door was all over the place. The new Tour I was given was like a different animal. There was an obvious improvement in build quality from the first one. I also purchased a curve 8330 at launch. The build quality of this phone was excellent, of course, a version of this phone had been in production for over a year on other carriers.
    06-29-11 07:43 AM
    not even launched yet and so it starts
    06-29-11 07:52 AM
    Well, I have a bitter taste in my mouth after my experience with multiple 9780's, namely "the" keyboard issue. So yes I am a little apprehensive about the initial build quality of any BB at this point but it likely will not keep me from getting the 9900 on day 1.

I might add, I'm not one to gripe about minor things and go through phones because of a light leak, crooked bezel or whatever but I do expect the keyboard to function without flaw.
    Last edited by Brewkelyn; 06-29-11 at 07:57 AM.
    06-29-11 07:53 AM
    Not so much of the physical aspect, but I see a lot of OS issues coming, which is the reason for the delay as we speak. Be prepared to see issue topics on this forum upon release.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-29-11 08:12 AM
    If this bb is being rushed, I wonder what slow would be like. I am keeping the faith that the build quality and Os will be very solid and stable considering all the delays. I think Rim is making certain this time that they get everything right. Keeping fingers crossed!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    bigbamboo likes this.
    06-29-11 09:30 AM
    Is anyone worried about the build quality of the first Bolds off the production line? These are the ones we will all be buying. All the reviews I have seen tout the amazing solidarity of the phone, although this is subject to change once they hit mass production, especially on a device that is rushed to launch as this one is. I purchased a Tour 9630 the day it launched at VZW. I ended up returning the phone after a month for keyboard issues; the keys were slightly moving and the battery door was all over the place. The new Tour I was given was like a different animal. There was an obvious improvement in build quality from the first one. I also purchased a curve 8330 at launch. The build quality of this phone was excellent, of course, a version of this phone had been in production for over a year on other carriers.
    You do realize the devices have already been manufactured? The devices are not being rushed to launch - RIM is simply waiting for the carriers to certify their respective software.
    06-29-11 10:07 AM
    @ibcop I totally agree. They has been no rush in manufacturing so I am expecting a perfect copy when I get mine.
    06-29-11 10:55 AM
    Man itnis going to be issues. It is mass produced. But still let's be real, rim is trying not to fade but when they feel good about a product the build quality is nice. On this one I think they listened to the fans this time instead of industry opinions.
    06-29-11 11:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD