Hi all
    I hope you can help me. When I receive a text and I'm doing something else, my ringtone for text does not stop. It doesn't happen all the time. But it is a pain. I was in the train just now, my sis texted me while I was reading her text.. Off goes my superloud ringtone.. I press return, i press the red button. I open the text another time.. Nothing stops the sound. Even turning the phone off does not. I couldn't get the back open so there I was, mega embarassed, waiting for it to stop. Any clues on how this happened?
    I was reading a text of my sis, she texted again, the sound won't stop.

I turned off the sounds and removed sound for text but would love to fix it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-03-11 09:31 AM
    It has happened to me with every BB I have ever owned. It only happens when receiving a text and you are already reading a text in the conversation.
    10-03-11 10:10 AM
    Hi all
    I hope you can help me. When I receive a text and I'm doing something else, my ringtone for text does not stop. It doesn't happen all the time. But it is a pain. I was in the train just now, my sis texted me while I was reading her text.. Off goes my superloud ringtone.. I press return, i press the red button. I open the text another time.. Nothing stops the sound. Even turning the phone off does not. I couldn't get the back open so there I was, mega embarassed, waiting for it to stop. Any clues on how this happened?

It sounds like your device is hung up in a kind of software loop that is just not letting things work right and if a battery pull will not cure it I would wipe your device and reload your OS and start over but do a backup of your data first of all.
    10-03-11 10:53 AM
    Battery pull would have cured it, I think. But I have major trouble opening the back so I was too busy muffling the very loud sounds from "telephone" from lady gaga lolol. And everyone looking at me all pissed... I broke a nail doing a battery pull after that but really dont want to have to do that everytime.

Any idea which part of software messes it up?

@bigdad: oh.. Not very reassuring I was really hoping for it to be a temporary problem. :t

10-03-11 01:45 PM
    Battery pull would have cured it, I think. But I have major trouble opening the back so I was too busy muffling the very loud sounds from "telephone" from lady gaga lolol. And everyone looking at me all pissed... I broke a nail doing a battery pull after that but really dont want to have to do that everytime.

Any idea which part of software messes it up?

@bigdad: oh.. Not very reassuring I was really hoping for it to be a temporary problem. :t

It might be a temp software issue. Did you actually do the battery pull? I see that you did do a battery pull and did not read that...sorry. Did this stop the problem? if it did have you received any texts since then and has the problem repeated?

If it does not stop then you might need to back up your device, wipe it and do a new OS install.
    Last edited by Jaguarr40; 10-03-11 at 03:26 PM.
    10-03-11 03:23 PM
    Yea I did pull the battery. But only after the whole song played (like 3min) and I did everything to keep it quiet so it was already done by the time I did the battery pull. Was on the train in a 'silence coupe' lol. Next time Ikll break a nail right away :") BB not meant for ppl with fingernails hahaha. Anyway..
    Have not texts since so can not say if that solved it. I have had glitches with texts before, but they got solved by pressing return or opening the text again.

Will keep an eye out for possible problems with texts. I'm feeling a bit bummed though, I just talked my sis into getting this BB and now it's bugging weird kind of karma lol

10-03-11 04:33 PM
    Mine did the same thing this morning in Duane Reade and was playing She's Freaky by Pit Bull super loud and would not stop. The lady in front of my was glaring. Ha! I'll try a battery pull too or delete the download and try again. Let me know if that worked for you. I have broken a nail too. Ugh.
    11-10-11 09:38 AM
    Mine has done the same thing. Only a few times though. Hopefully it will be addressed in the next OS upgrade.
    11-10-11 10:22 AM
    You realise you don't have to 'physically' pull out the battery every time?

Just press Alt + Right Shift + Del which does the same thing.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-10-11 11:09 AM
    Hi all

11-10-11 02:32 PM
    My phone does this also but not jus txt my fb app also. Also its not just while I'm reading a msg. My notifications will also play at the same time I'm using my music so it'll be two diff songs playing instead of how before the music would stop for the notification

11-10-11 02:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD