Coming from. 9700 on OS 5 I can't for the life of me seem to find the browser identification settings on this 9930 Sprint.

Anyone have a clue? And also where is the OTA software update option in the device settings?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-25-11 03:26 PM
    Browser identification settings were taken out in 6.0 and above, as for OTA updates...Options>Device>Software Updates.
    08-25-11 03:33 PM
    Well that makes a whole lot of sense for them to do...

Oh and there is no software update within that menu of "device".

08-25-11 03:36 PM
    I guess.. never really bothered me any, browser on 7 is way better then on 5 so not really a need for it imo.

Dunno what to tell ya about updates, should be there.. can't see why the 9930 would differ from the 9900.

08-25-11 03:42 PM
    Coming from an OS 4.5 device, I found the removal of the browser identification option to be a bit curious, too. Although the OS7 browser on my 9930 is definitely a great improvement, it's hard to use it to its full potential when most web designers hard-code their detection pages to route anything with BlackBerry to the mobile page and don't always provide a "full site" link. Not a RIM problem, per se, but I disagree with their choice to remove the ability to work around poorly coded web pages.

On a related note, it seems that most detection pages that I've come across can be dealt with using a "/?nomobile" type add-on to the URL (e.g., CNN.com and ESPN.com). Probably discussed at length elsewhere in the forums, though.
    08-25-11 03:51 PM
    Was gonna take a pic to show you B1aze seems you beat me to it. But I promise you, that option isn't there

Mehhh :/

Thanks anywho. Only reason this would be nice for me would be bacause updating through my mac could be a hassle. Considering new DM version and this relatively new OS, who know what issues I could run into and not be able to fix.

08-25-11 03:59 PM
    I see the "Software Updates" option on my 9930 on Verizon.

Maybe the user who doesn't see it is seeing that because of using a device on a different carrier??
    08-25-11 05:19 PM
    That could be possible.
    08-25-11 11:51 PM
    That could be possible.
    Try using the universal search to find it if you haven't already !! ;-)
    08-26-11 06:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD