I have a strong problem that happens on my 9900 at times when Im running 3-4 windows I will go out of it to go to social feeds for example and when I come back all the windows that I had opened are gone and I'm back at the home screen.

Notes:

-I'm not running 10 or more programs at at so in that sense I do not think it's due to low memory
    - I always close programs I'm not using by holding down the black berry key, selecting it from the menu and pressing close.
    - I only have about 11 apps installed so I'm nowhere near low memory.
    - I updated to the newest software which I still find glitchy at times.

Can anyone help me figure out why my browser windows are closing randomly?

Thanks!
    03-22-13 03:14 PM
    I had this with earlier OS versions on my 9900 too.
    Problem was fixed for me after updating to a more recent OS.

What OS version are you currently running?
    03-22-13 03:35 PM
    Currently running version 7.1.0 Bundle 2108 when I press update it says no updates are available. Good to know I'm not the only one with the problem and it's not the 9900 lack of memory because I remeber even on my 9780 I could have multiple windows open without it disappearing randomly.
    03-22-13 07:10 PM
    In the Forums when we talk about which OS, we're giving the OS's application version.

You can find it 3 ways:
    1. In any text field, type myver then space
    2. From anywhere, press ALT+SHIFT+H to open the Help Me! screen. You'll see Application Version around 3rd line down or so
    3. Open Options app (wrench icon) and select About. You'll see it there too

I believe Bundle 2108 is OS v7.1.0.746.

Update your OS to 7.1.0.861. You can find it here:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ealand-768575/

I left an OS Upgrade Guide in Post #7:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...5/#post7945092
    1TIME likes this.
    03-23-13 02:25 AM
    Thanks for the help elite1, I used your guide to successfully install the newest version. I'm hoping the disppearing windows problem goes away and I'll report back with my findings.
    03-31-13 02:07 PM
    Cool, hope so too!

This is how you CB10, son!
    03-31-13 06:48 PM
    I noticed the very same issue with .746the same version you were using. I haven't noticed this odd behaviour in any previous version. Good to know I am not the only one annoyed by this. Has the issue been fixed for you by upgrading to a newer version?
    04-01-13 10:32 PM
    First off thanks to elite1 for providing me with the guide, I successfully installed the OS but still have the disppearing windows problem. It happens more often when I have social feeds open and occasionally when just the browser is open. I'm running social feeds and have a max of 4-5 windows open and no other apps running in the background because I always hit the BB key and close them manually.

However when I look into my memory consumption while doing this, it fluctuates alot between 40-90% so maybe it's the 9900's lack of memory that's causing this on paper. However I'm not sure how this could be the case since I ran the same set up on my BB 9780 which had less memory than my 9900 and didn't encounter the same issue.

I'm not a computer programmer but my guess based on my assesment so far would be that there seems to be a problem in processing the memory or allocating it to certain parts of the BB. Any help would be appreciated.
    04-05-13 08:00 AM
    Just a thought, maybe this is caused by the new Application Resource Monitor app? Basicly when it sees the browser is too memory intense, it closes "unused" tabs to free up some memory?
    04-05-13 01:01 PM
    Just a thought, maybe this is caused by the new Application Resource Monitor app? Basicly when it sees the browser is too memory intense, it closes "unused" tabs to free up some memory?
    ARM used to not touch native apps, meaning the stock apps. Maybe the newer version does. Personally I doubt it, but good thinking.

There should be some threads on ARM in BB Beta Zone that might shed more light on recent versions.

04-05-13 10:37 PM
    I deleted the application resource monitor but still experiencing the same problem. I have about 10 apps installed, close all my windows down all the time, and delete the apps completely that I do not use. I guess it's just the Bold 990's lack of memory to me.
    05-04-13 10:02 AM
    When you updated your OS, did you shrink it first?

05-08-13 03:01 AM
    When you updated your OS, did you shrink it first?

Don't know what you mean by shrink so I'm guessing No. I followed each step in the guide you posted above though.
    05-17-13 01:54 PM
    How does shrinking effect the OS update and the possibility of making the disappearing windows problem go away?

Also would anyone else. Have any alternate suggestions on how to solve this issue?

Thanks
    09-03-13 12:24 PM
    How does shrinking effect the OS update and the possibility of making the disappearing windows problem go away?

Also would anyone else. Have any alternate suggestions on how to solve this issue?

Thanks
    You mean,shrinking can solved the problem?
    Maybe yes..Coz with shrink (removing some unneeded modules) makes phone work faster
    But the OS itself more determine for good or bad results in our phones..
    If ur using a suitable OS,then do more shrink, it will be much more responsive and faster ..
    1TIME likes this.
    09-03-13 11:34 PM
    Thanks for the reply, is their a tutorial on how to install and shrink a new OS?
    09-05-13 11:27 PM
    I have the same problem, only I can't find a pattern to when it happens.

This is a recent issue, I've had this phone for 21 months and this has just started in the last month.

I am running ver 7.0.
    09-07-13 04:58 AM
    Anyone else experiencing similar problems and can offer some advice? I'm thinking now maybe it's because I have a certain app installed that unintentionally drains a lot of memory.
    09-10-13 08:25 AM