Okay, this is stumping me.

I'm trying to get used to OS7, so I figure I'll get used to web browsing. Right now, no matter if I'm on wi-fi or my carrier's data connection, SIM card or no SIM card, the browser just won't do anything. I'll type in, say, crackberry.com, and it just sits there. Nothing happens if I click onto the multiple tabs area. If I hit the BB menu button, all I get are "Switch Application, Help, and Close".

Under Device and Status Information, I have a signal. I have an IP address from my router (a few minutes ago I didn't). Data Services are on.

I tried a security wipe already. My other data seems to be working (like BB Maps).

Also, on my 9700 I noticed that you can select WiFi Preferable as a connection. I don't see that option anymore on OS7. Can you not select this option anymore?
    08-13-11 02:54 PM
    Is your email data coming to the new device? It almost seems like the carrier has the data turned off or not on a blackberry plan.
    08-13-11 04:11 PM
    did you properly register your phone ?
    08-13-11 04:15 PM
    Turn off all your connections, then enable just your wifi. You should be able to browse as long as you have a wifi connection to your router (assuming your internet is working).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-13-11 04:41 PM
    Is your email data coming to the new device? It almost seems like the carrier has the data turned off or not on a blackberry plan.
    Yes. I'm getting email. If I swap my SIM card into my 9700 and 8310, I have no problems.

did you properly register your phone ?
    I received the confirmation message that my phone was registered to the BlackBerry network. I'm also getting the "Updates" notification asking me to update BBM and App World.

Turn off all your connections, then enable just your wifi. You should be able to browse as long as you have a wifi connection to your router (assuming your internet is working).
    That's what I thought. For some reason, this particular one I have won't do it. When I had my SIM card out of the 9700, wifi worked well on that.

Oh...here's a fun thing: Apparently if I try accessing Help, I get this:

Error displaying content for:
    cod://net_rim_bb_help_9900_series_en/index.thml

Error messsage
    Shared webkit instance unavailable; Failed to start UMP: (9) executable not found
    08-13-11 06:03 PM
    You might want to exchange it for another one.
    08-13-11 06:05 PM
    You can try a wipe and re installation of the os.
    08-13-11 06:06 PM
    You might want to exchange it for another one.
    You can try a wipe and re installation of the os.
    Right now, my store is out of them with another ## of them on the way, so I have to wait on the exchange. The joys of early adoption...
    08-13-11 06:27 PM
    Just an update: I had to get a new device anyhow because the bottom trim piece wasn't secured right out of the box. The browser worked fine. I didn't have any difficulties setting up my Wi-Fi too (the first one was really fussy).
    08-16-11 06:32 PM
    Okay, this is stumping me.

I'm trying to get used to OS7, so I figure I'll get used to web browsing. Right now, no matter if I'm on wi-fi or my carrier's data connection, SIM card or no SIM card, the browser just won't do anything. I'll type in, say, crackberry.com, and it just sits there. Nothing happens if I click onto the multiple tabs area. If I hit the BB menu button, all I get are "Switch Application, Help, and Close".

Under Device and Status Information, I have a signal. I have an IP address from my router (a few minutes ago I didn't). Data Services are on.

I tried a security wipe already. My other data seems to be working (like BB Maps).

Also, on my 9700 I noticed that you can select WiFi Preferable as a connection. I don't see that option anymore on OS7. Can you not select this option anymore?
    I am also having the same issue, phone is registered and receiving emails, except I cant access my email setting through the phone, always tells "connecting to email settings" and just continues to say that. This phone is just a big mess!!! Never had any issues with my previous Bold 9780 at all, but with this, and because I travel a lot, and have a line in every city of the ones i frequently travel too, the phone just went nuts! One time browser doesn't work, another apps dont work, and tells me no internet connection, did a wipe re installed the software with out any apps, re downloaded app world and other aps they work now and my browser when it was working decided to stop!!

Am thinking this whole Blackberry ID business is just messy, I am now in England, on my Vodafone carrier home network, and I have My Tmobile USA apps just pop out on my home screen when they shouldn't and never used to happen as they push browser apps for specific downloads! Could some one please explain the reasoning behind that?? I also disconnected my email through the carrier website and thus I have no email connected to the phone to trouble shoot and I still receive emails!!!

Impressive blackberry ID am thinking that, just by reading all these blogs, I feel always feel we buy blackberry's to suffer if they thought to add some random new technology and then let us work out way through it!! Am sorry but I am like many, super busy and just want to have my smart phone work!!!

Now, I have been installing deleting and what ever for the past 3 days and every time I get a new issue!!

I have now, decided to create 4 blackberry ID's, for my 4 different city sim cards, and continuing to see what is going to happen!!!

or maybe should I just buy 4 bold 9900???

Thanks
    09-27-11 04:33 AM
    I am also having the same issue, phone is registered and receiving emails, except I cant access my email setting through the phone, always tells "connecting to email settings" and just continues to say that. This phone is just a big mess!!! Never had any issues with my previous Bold 9780 at all, but with this, and because I travel a lot, and have a line in every city of the ones i frequently travel too, the phone just went nuts! One time browser doesn't work, another apps dont work, and tells me no internet connection, did a wipe re installed the software with out any apps, re downloaded app world and other aps they work now and my browser when it was working decided to stop!!

Am thinking this whole Blackberry ID business is just messy, I am now in England, on my Vodafone carrier home network, and I have My Tmobile USA apps just pop out on my home screen when they shouldn't and never used to happen as they push browser apps for specific downloads! Could some one please explain the reasoning behind that?? I also disconnected my email through the carrier website and thus I have no email connected to the phone to trouble shoot and I still receive emails!!!

Impressive blackberry ID am thinking that, just by reading all these blogs, I feel always feel we buy blackberry's to suffer if they thought to add some random new technology and then let us work out way through it!! Am sorry but I am like many, super busy and just want to have my smart phone work!!!

Now, I have been installing deleting and what ever for the past 3 days and every time I get a new issue!!

I have now, decided to create 4 blackberry ID's, for my 4 different city sim cards, and continuing to see what is going to happen!!!

or maybe should I just buy 4 bold 9900???

Thanks
    09-27-11 04:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD