A lot of you already know that using the browser drains the battery a lot . I was looking at the options on the browser and I noticed that there is a geolocation option.

And another one is for websockets. What is the websockets for?

I'll see if this helps the battery. Currently if i am browsing I lose like 25% with only 10 min of browsing.
    09-11-11 05:32 PM
    Are you using wifi or 3g do you have good service or is it searching? 25% in 10 mins is way too much imo even though I use opera I will use it for 30 mins at a time and only maybe then will I get close to losing 10%

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-12-11 03:32 AM
    Are you using wifi or 3g do you have good service or is it searching? 25% in 10 mins is way too much imo even though I use opera I will use it for 30 mins at a time and only maybe then will I get close to losing 10%

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    3G .Full bars all the way.
    09-12-11 06:32 AM
    I noticed its better now with geolocation and websockets disabled
    09-12-11 06:33 AM
    Hi. Can you be so kind and tell me (or test it eventually), for how long you'd be able browsing the net through wifi? I'd love to have this unit, mainly for that purpose. Thanks
    09-12-11 08:42 AM
    Hi. Can you be so kind and tell me (or test it eventually), for how long you'd be able browsing the net through wifi? I'd love to have this unit, mainly for that purpose. Thanks
    From my experience,I always use wifi at work coz I don't have that good a signal. Wifi is better as far as I can see on the battery.
    Zolti likes this.
    09-12-11 09:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD