Will this finally be the phone that can compete with iphone and droid browsers? If so I really would be tempted to give this phone a try!(That is if it actually ever does come out lol)
    03-14-11 09:28 PM
    Any answer you get would be mere speculation. Some folks like the browser, some folks hate it, but since it hasn't been in the open, you may as well ask how many angels can boogie on the head of a pin.

Only after the device is released will we know the truth.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-14-11 11:28 PM
    Nobody here has tested the so called improvements in firmware 6.1 so it's a wait and see. Hopefully it's a lot better.
    03-14-11 11:37 PM
    U would think the rumored specs on the hardware alone would greatly improve browser speed. Time will tell. Nothin else to discuss really though. Not much happening with RIM right now!
    03-15-11 12:24 AM
    i hope the browser improves but i wouldn't consider it a total loss if it stayed the same.

also,
    you may as well ask how many angels can boogie on the head of a pin.
    lol
    BayouBengal21 likes this.
    03-15-11 09:06 AM
    I think RIM is aiming for that. If you look at the roadmap, one of the slide states that the company wants performance setting pace for their browser.
    03-15-11 10:38 AM
    It could be better and would still not be enough for a lot of people...just sayin'...

Me, I was fine on os5....I must be ancient!

03-15-11 06:57 PM
    It could be better and would still not be enough for a lot of people...just sayin'...
    i know what you mean. I think back on my first cell phone and how it was cutting edge and it didn't even have a color screen!

not that our "demands" are extraordinary here, but there will always be some people who will never be satisfied. I used to be one of those til I found BB. Cost me a lot of un-needed upgrade fees.
    03-15-11 07:11 PM
    Will this finally be the phone that can compete with iphone and droid browsers? If so I really would be tempted to give this phone a try!(That is if it actually ever does come out lol)
    Even if the browser blows away everything else on the market, this form factor will never be a direct competitor of the iPhone or any Android other than maybe the Droid Pro. If you like full touch-screen phones, you probably won't like the Bold Touch.

That being said ... even if the 6.1 browser stays unchanged form 6.0, with the additional RAM and almost double the CPU speed in these rumored devices, it ought to at least hold its own with most of the others.
    03-15-11 11:07 PM
    Simple question... Will the BlackBerry Bold Touch browser get rid of : "HTTP: Error 413 - Request Entity Too Large"

FTL! -___- Seriously, annoying.
    03-16-11 04:14 AM
    Even if the browser blows away everything else on the market, this form factor will never be a direct competitor of the iPhone or any Android other than maybe the Droid Pro. If you like full touch-screen phones, you probably won't like the Bold Touch.

That being said ... even if the 6.1 browser stays unchanged form 6.0, with the additional RAM and almost double the CPU speed in these rumored devices, it ought to at least hold its own with most of the others.
    Yeah, I was talking just about the browser speed, not phones.....

03-16-11 08:52 AM
    OS 6 browser is a **** of a lot better than the older BB browsers. I dont see Android or Iphone having that much better browsers in all honestly. I love the BB Browser
    03-17-11 03:58 PM
    The browser in 6.1 is obviously better than the current 6.0 version. I would rate it under Safari in iOS 4.3. But there is still work to be done before it fully releases. When released it should be comparable to other Platforms. When QNX is launched on HH's, it will be better than the competition.
    03-17-11 05:38 PM
    OS 6 browser is a **** of a lot better than the older BB browsers. I dont see Android or Iphone having that much better browsers in all honestly. I love the BB Browser
    Have you ever used an Android or Iphone? Lol! It's quite a bit slower imo.....
    03-17-11 06:52 PM
    The browser in 6.1 is obviously better than the current 6.0 version. I would rate it under Safari in iOS 4.3. But there is still work to be done before it fully releases. When released it should be comparable to other Platforms. When QNX is launched on HH's, it will be better than the competition.
    Comparable would be nice!! And QNX can't come soon enough!! I hope the iphone 5 and bold touch come out about the same time. If browser is comparable I would like to stick with BB....if not might have to give an iphone a try. Any one else feel this way??
    Last edited by jebulls; 03-18-11 at 01:56 PM.
    03-17-11 10:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD