Hey i just ordered my bold from att and im wondering whether to stick to the stock os i think its .440 or upgrade to .503? im guna test this thing out and if it has any problems at all its goin back within the 30 days. I do not want to brick my phone so what does everyone suggest

also just out of curiosity, why do bb os versions never have a changelog? seems apple releases every little change but its appears as if here everyone on crackberry is just left to figure out what the changes are.
    Last edited by MadMax8778; 11-28-11 at 09:05 PM.
    11-28-11 08:57 PM
    Hey i just ordered my bold from att and im wondering whether to stick to the stock os i think its .440 or upgrade to .503? im guna test this thing out and if it has any problems at all its goin back within the 30 days. I do not want to brick my phone so what does everyone suggest

also just out of curiosity, why do bb os versions never have a changelog? seems apple releases every little change but its appears as if here everyone on crackberry is just left to figure out what the changes are.
    I would say upgrade to the new OS 7.1.0.74 leak.
    11-28-11 09:09 PM
    I would say upgrade to the new OS 7.1.0.74 leak.
    I agree.... I have OS 7.1 right now and after two so days, I had no issues except minor bugs. I have set up an app to auto reboot my phone everyday at 5:00 AM while it is charging, so far so good. All the bricking happens when people were charging at night, I do this all the time and so far everything is good on my end. I have not come across a single post where someone complain about bricked or nuked while on OS 7.1... but then again, this OS is so new.

Oh... one more thing, battery life is very good on OS 7.1. Some people who tried OS .540 that this 7.1 is same as the .540 except, if you use wifi hotspot or UMA, the battery will drain really fast.
    11-28-11 09:14 PM
    I would also say to use 7.1. It is at minimum on par with .540 with the benefits of mobile hotspot. To be honest I have not heard anyone bricking their Bold with an OS later than .503. Many have said these builds have even fixed their bricked Bolds.
    11-28-11 09:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD