Has any one bricked a a 99xx when overnight charging
    with an OEM BB cradle?

I thought I read in one of the threads of a hardware theory
    that the USB port on the phone maybe bad.

I've been use the the seidio cradle for 2 weeks and haven't
    had a problem.

So has anyone bricked a 99xx while charging it with
    the bottom contacts?
    12-10-11 08:08 AM
    I use the OEM cradle. No pb.
    12-10-11 08:13 AM
    I turn my 9900 off as I have done with the 5 berries that I have had and plug the OEM charger that came with it. I have had mine for more than a month with no bricking. Running stock AT&T OS.
    12-10-11 08:38 AM
    What is bricking?
    12-10-11 08:46 AM
    OEM BB Cradle without issues....... any bricks with those using OEM chargers provided with earlier device models? Specifically the chargers that are not two piece......
    12-10-11 08:51 AM
    What is bricking?
    An urban myth.
    tkcdamar likes this.
    12-10-11 08:54 AM
    I use just the usb plug in with no issues at all. I think this is a hardware issue and may not be just a one thing, combination of things. So far my phone is running solid.
    12-10-11 08:55 AM
    The red LED loop happened for me this morning.The phone's battery went low last night, to 7-8% when i put it on the pod to charge. That seems like a trigger for the LED loop, as many people have claimed the night before they let their batteries go quite low.
    12-10-11 09:30 AM
    The red LED loop happened for me this morning.The phone's battery went low last night, to 7-8% when i put it on the pod to charge. That seems like a trigger for the LED loop, as many people have claimed the night before they let their batteries go quite low.
    Are you saying you were using an OEM BB cradle which triggered the problem?
    12-10-11 09:35 AM
    Cradle only is what i'm intersted in.. in this thread
    Bricking or nuking secondary to cradle charging.
    12-10-11 09:37 AM
    IMO, it should not matter how I charge or how low my battery gets and worry about the phone "bricking" because of those reasons. RIM needs to correct this problem immediately. However does anyone actually know which charging method has the most "bricked" results.
    Last edited by spencerdl; 12-10-11 at 09:51 AM.
    12-10-11 09:48 AM
    I have gotten the slow blinking red light of death three times, every time it has been on the BlackBerry charging pod. I think I am going to start charging through USB.
    12-10-11 04:00 PM
    Cradle only is what i'm intersted in.. in this thread
    Bricking or nuking secondary to cradle charging.
    I don't have a cradle but I will add that I've had 2 bricks. One with original 2 piece charger it comes with and once with my girls 9650 charger. I've also noticed that charger gets really hot while charging. So I don't think its the type of charger being used. And phone needs to be left on charger for more than 6-8 hrs for this to happen
    12-10-11 04:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD