Hi All,

I have a realatively new 9930. So far, I am loving the phone. So much better than my 9650. As a matter of fact I picked up my wife's 9650 to her her with something yesterday and started pushing the screen.

I have always used bedside mode with my old BBs, but have refrained with the 9930 due to the bricking issue. Are my fears warranted?
    12-27-11 11:54 AM
    Who knows? I don't know if that's what's causing the issue. It could be anything from aftermarket ringtones to software config issues...no one can really say. I use bedside mode every day with no issues...but some have had it brick in the charger.
    12-27-11 12:17 PM
    I have my 9900 configured in bedside mode when on the charger during the day but. at night, I turn it off to charge overnight. I have had my 9900 pretty much since launch with no issues. It could also have been a bad batch of batteries when the device was released over the summer by other carriers. Again, no one knows for sure but the bricking has been far more rare on the AT&T 9900.
    12-27-11 12:50 PM
    Where did you get those stats from? Can you please share?
    12-27-11 02:50 PM
    The general problem which i have experience with my 9930 and countless reading hours it seems to be when your battery drops below 10 percent to all radios off and you try to recharge it, it basically bricks your phone. thats why most people say they went to bed put it on charge and woke up with the light blinking.
    12-27-11 03:15 PM
    The general problem which i have experience with my 9930 and countless reading hours it seems to be when your battery drops below 10 percent to all radios off and you try to recharge it, it basically bricks your phone. thats why most people say they went to bed put it on charge and woke up with the light blinking.
    I did that exact thing the other night as an experiment (phone turned radios off, phone powered itself down), waited a bit, plugged it in, and it's still running fine. Guess I'm one of the lucky ones.
    12-27-11 03:25 PM
    I put my 9900 to bedside mode from day one, never had a single problem.
    12-27-11 03:27 PM
    Used my bedside mode last night .... no issues!
    12-28-11 12:18 PM
    Since this phone's release and until this morning I have used bedside mode at night. I was unaware of this bricking problem until it hit home. Now I'm stuck with a dead device that even apploader cannot connect to. T-Mobile is sending me a replacement unit.

If anyone has pointers on how to unbrick this one I'd be appreciative.
    12-28-11 12:42 PM
    Bricking and bedside mode don't go together. There is no specific rhyme or reason to this bricking madness.

I've done all these:
    OS change 3 times
    overnight charge
    bedside mode
    install/uninstall many apps
    ran my battery to near death

No bricking here.
    12-28-11 12:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD