I'm going to be upgrading to 7.1 as soon as it comes out with Verizon. I don't want to install any unofficial or Sprint versions, because considering the 99x0's reputation, that can only increase the likelihood of bricking... My question is, has RIM resolved the bricking issues and battery life with 7.1 ? How long does the phone last with heavy usage?
    01-06-12 06:56 PM
    Nope, my 9900 just bricked again on 7.1.0.190.
    01-06-12 07:57 PM
    Nope, my 9900 just bricked again on 7.1.0.190.
    yup me too. recovered it once on 7.1 after none of the previous versions helped. worked for 5 days and then bricked again and am now waiting for replacement.
    01-06-12 08:11 PM
    My 9900 bricked on 7.1.0.73 with no luck in reviving, just a flashing red notification light when plugged in, and don't have the reciept so having to pay 120 to get it fixed -_-
    01-06-12 08:15 PM
    I'm going to be upgrading to 7.1 as soon as it comes out with Verizon. I don't want to install any unofficial or Sprint versions, because considering the 99x0's reputation, that can only increase the likelihood of bricking... My question is, has RIM resolved the bricking issues and battery life with 7.1 ? How long does the phone last with heavy usage?
    The Sprint and Verizon versions will be identical until a newer platform is released.

Fulfilling my Crackberry addiction from my 9930 using Tapatalk
    01-06-12 08:17 PM
    apparently the search button is on the Fritz again....
    01-06-12 09:30 PM
    7.1 will be nice ...but nowhere has there been any official annoucement
    that this was the fix for bricking and nuking.
    Two points.
    1. peopl have reported their 9930s have bricked or nuked after this upgrade.
    2. they are still releasing new 7.0 upgrades to other vendord so obviously if there is
    a fix they haven't been very clear.
    Finally this forum at times is nothing more than fantasy, speculation, and idiocy. People type what ever pops into there little head and some how magically believes it to be true.
    This forum is an invaluable tool to help forum member solve problem and get excellent tech support. We have many brilliant contributors, but the flip side to this is there so much babble to indure. This is not hating, rather frustration with posters who are very uninformed and bored

Sorry for any typos and grammar
    Last edited by Betmen; 01-07-12 at 08:40 AM.
    blackmoe likes this.
    01-07-12 08:33 AM
    I've never had any bricking issues so I can't report on that, but battery life is much better with 7.1. Its on par with what you would expect from a blackberry.
    01-07-12 09:57 AM
    yup me too. recovered it once on 7.1 after none of the previous versions helped. worked for 5 days and then bricked again and am now waiting for replacement.
    Lies! We have it on good authority from the loudest posters in this forum that 7.1 fixed it.

Therefore your bricking MUST be user error.

FYI, VZW says RIM is working on the issue and should have a fix released to them sometime this month, which means we may see it next month assuming testing goes well.
    01-07-12 10:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD