View Poll Results: What carrier are you on?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Verizon

9 34.62%
  • Sprint

2 7.69%
  • AT&T

5 19.23%
  • Other (post in replies)

10 38.46%
12-12-11 01:40 PM
26 12
tools
    I would like to know what carriers the people with the bricked 9900's and 9930's are on. For the purposes of this thread, I'm talking about BRICKED phones that cannot be recovered, not NUKED phones. If you post, state whether you have a 9900 or 9930 and your carrier.
    Thanks.
    Last edited by elementunkn; 12-07-11 at 01:18 AM.
    11-28-11 01:45 AM
    I would like to know what carriers the people with the bricked 9900's and 9930's are on. For the purposes of this thread, I'm talking about BRICKED phones that cannot be recovered, not NUKED phones.
    Thanks.
    Oooops, OK....I'm sorry, I answered your poll BEFORE reading your post. My apologies. Mine was nuked, not bricked.
    Again, my sincere apologies. I can't seem to be able t delete my response on the poll.
    11-28-11 03:26 AM
    Can I get some votes on this? I'm trying to decide whether to get a Bold 9900. Your help is appreciated.
    Thanks.
    12-07-11 01:16 AM
    dude, get the bold 9900 and update it to .540, it solves all the problems, my phone used to lag before it, since getting the update the battery improved and is as smooth as butter and so far I havent heard anyone bricking it with the .540.
    12-07-11 02:17 AM
    I'm getting rid of mines today...i feel like I have a ticking time bomb on my hands....lol....I'm getting a 9700
    although I havent had a problem with it YET (only have it for 5 days)...I've been reading too much ngative stuff about it and I dont wanna be stuck with a bad phone..if anything, once they work out the kinks I will get it again....although I dont need the touch screen...
    12-07-11 07:32 AM
    Telcel from Mexico.

I am on my third bold 9900 and I am avoiding the bricking issue by not charging the phone at night.

I am waiting for a new os version to install it.
    12-07-11 07:49 AM
    This is crazy I'm hearin don't charge the phone over night don't do this and that I've had every blackberry u can name and too hear all these issues bout the bricking cause loading a OS or charging over night I feel like RIM just threw something together and what's worst they know what's going on and won't fix it a $600 phone that has bricking issues smmfh sad RIM I'm a either keep my 9780 or get the 9810.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-07-11 02:41 PM
    Vodaphone UK handset unlocked running on Turkcell. Never had a problem!
    12-07-11 02:45 PM
    Verizon 9930. After 4 months woke up to a slow blinking red light. I never had a problem either until I tried to bring it out of standby one morning without a response. Tried everything and finally gave up and called my insurance. They sent a refurb that was actually better than my 4 month old one. Better sounding speaker, louder and the screen has a better colors. I won't go iphone. BB all the way!

12-07-11 02:58 PM
    sold my 9900....went back to 9700....I think I'll sleep better knowing that I did that...if and when their is a fix (and pricing goes down, even though I paid 100 @ best buy), I will get it down the road....even though I dont care for the touch screen....that keyboard was awesome......
    12-07-11 03:08 PM
    u should specify US only and there is another post where someone listed all the bricked and non bricked 9900 phones. look for it =).

thanks.
    12-07-11 04:31 PM
    Woke up on a Sunday morning while on a week long business trip to a totally bricked 9930. Took it into the Service Center (which I had to look up on my brother's iPhone) to no avail; no fix & no refurbs or replacements in stock. I couldn't go an entire week w/o my phone so I made the switch to he iPhone. I'm very disappointed in RIM....I'm just starting to get used to te touchscreen keyboard.

UPDATE: so a bit over two weeks have gone by, I have taken my bricked berry to 2 separate sprint service centers and both have confirmed that the phone is useless and I'll need to replace it. I'd almost completely given up, but once that 7.1.0.163 (official os released from sprint) was released I thought I'd just give it a try. Using desktop manager I downloaded the os and plugged the phone in to try and attempt to restore, went through the same cycle only to get caught on the JVM loader....but when I looked at my phone it had a 507 error...which i'dnever seen before - only the empty battery icon. So I unplugged the phone and plugged it back in and voila!!!! New life! The phone came back from the depths of bricking with the new OS! I'm still skeptical, but happy that I can now switch back to my blackberry whenever I want.
    Last edited by dcfarls80; 12-19-11 at 09:57 PM. Reason: Fixed a bricked berry with os upgrade
    12-07-11 07:06 PM
    It would be a great idea if you can also add Canadian service provider like Rogers, Telus and Bell.
    12-07-11 07:08 PM
    my Bell 9900 has been at RIM for over 2 weeks now...no status on whats going on but i do miss the phone...
    12-07-11 08:39 PM
    Verizon 9930. After 4 months woke up to a slow blinking red light. I never had a problem either until I tried to bring it out of standby one morning without a response. Tried everything and finally gave up and called my insurance. They sent a refurb that was actually better than my 4 month old one. Better sounding speaker, louder and the screen has a better colors. I won't go iphone. BB all the way!

Standby? Didn't Windows teach you anything?
    12-07-11 10:21 PM

Curious....

Why did you make an insurance claim? This is covered under warranty.
    12-07-11 10:31 PM
    Mine hasn't bricked yet. I hope it never does, only at my disposal will it be bricked when I choose to flip the switch. Sticking it at the 507 screen is a good thing to be prepared to cleanload an OS. I did that 5 times with my 9700.
    12-07-11 10:44 PM
    Had silvia here on the forums bricked 9930 verizon, john yester here also 9930 vz bricked.

Many people in my group have bricked on all os's including 540. It happens with hybrids as well. I don't personally think it is something to do with an os, mainly happens when charging so maybe a port issue. Who knows. Only time will tell.

It happens to about .05% of the population. The other 99.5% have had no problems.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
    12-07-11 10:58 PM
    I had a 9900 on Bell (Canada) that bricked. Unrecoverable. Had a replacement from Bell. It bricked also, but I recovered that one.
    12-07-11 11:57 PM
    It happens to about .05% of the population. The other 99.5% have had no problems.
    That would be 99.95% then
    12-08-11 12:16 AM
    It bricked also, but I recovered that one.
    That would be nuked then
    12-08-11 12:18 AM
    I have had one International AND an AT&T branded 9900 bricked beyond repair.
    Last edited by greggebhardt; 12-08-11 at 05:58 AM.
    12-08-11 05:55 AM
    My AT&T Bold 9900 bricked this morning from leaving it on the charger overnight!! SO pissedddddddddddddd!!!!!!!
    12-12-11 12:38 PM
    VZW 9930

Phone 1 - the "0" key stuck. When you tapped it, nothing happened, then when you held it down, 10 0's appeared.

Phone 2 - worked perfectly for about a week, set the auto on/off and woke up to a bricked device with grey screen, unable to recover after over two hours on the phone with VZW technical support and RIM.

Phone 3 - worked perfectly for about three weeks then, signal started getting funky. checked connections and Mobile Network was listed as "Unknown Operator". Again, spent hours on the phone with VZW, reinstalled OS7 to no avail. Currently on my fourth 9930.

At this point, just waiting to build up enough reserve cash after the holidays to go out and get an iPhone 4S because, while i love BB, the iPhone just works and I don't have to be tied into the BB server...

Been a Verizon customer for 8+ years now with two accounts, my business line and my personal account with four lines on it. I spend over $600/month with them. You'd think they would just offer me the iPhone for the two year contract price or split the difference with me. Nope, instead, now I have to spend about $900 on a phone...
    12-12-11 01:17 PM
    Rogers 9900 owned for three months, bricked after charging overnight with the flashing LED. Tried restoring the OS other people have had success with, didn't work. Got a new one from Rogers and its back button and trackpad squeaked--like others on the forum have complained about--so I returned it again. Third time's a charm I hope.
    12-12-11 01:33 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD