All, minor success today to what by definition people called my "bricked" BB. My 9900 crapped out. I had the constant reboot. I mean I could not even get to a start up screen. The red led would come on for 5-10 seconds and then it would reboot and do the same thing over and over.

I tried the JL_CMDR and BBSAK to wipe but could not get it to connect.

Tried the app loader and deleting the "vendor" files trying to catch it in PIN:UNKOWN. I could get that to start the process however when the OS tried to load I would get the "cannot reconnect to JVM". I gave up after probably 20 hours of working at it and ordered a new phone.

Guess what, I was bored tonight and I tried something different. I downloaded the latest version of BB Destop Mgr. I again tried to select "update" but would also have trouble with the "reconnecting to JVM".

However, one last trick is that I (selected) downgraded to lowest version given to me in BB Desktop. It ended up being 7.0 bundle 1315. Then, success!!!!!!!!!!

However, once it fired up I could not proceed any further because the touchscreen and trackpad did not work so I could not agree to BB terms and conditions.

So, I then successfully wiped via JL_CMDR. Connected straight away as I had a working OS.

After wiping I then reconnected to BB Desktop and selected the most recent OS.

The most recent OS started loading and I surely thought I was good to go. AND THEN...when loading I once again got the "reconnecting to jvm" message.

I don't need to get this phone working but it has become my little hobby. Thoughts anyone? Trying to re-install 7.0 bundle 1315 again....we shall see!!
    07-16-12 07:56 PM
    Ok, very strange. 7.0 1315 installed again no problem. The keypad is working just not the touchscreen or trackpad. Very odd! Thus I am still stuck and cannot get past the terms and conditions.

Any thoughts on where to go from here?
    07-16-12 08:09 PM
    And btw, when I tried installing the latest version without success it put me right back into the constant reboot with red led on/off every 5 seconds or so.
    07-16-12 08:14 PM
    Are you talking to yourself?
    07-16-12 09:07 PM
    Yes, gotta talk to someone who will listen! So it gets stranger. I can install version 7.0 no problem...I have done it 3 times...sans a working touch screen and trackpad. But when I try to install anther version via BB DM I get thrown back into "reconnecting to JVM" and the red LED and constant reboot.

Any help out there?
    07-16-12 09:13 PM
    Ok the other OS you are trying to install, Has the Vendor file been removed?
    07-16-12 09:29 PM
    I have tried only via BB DM at this point using the update option.
    07-16-12 09:30 PM
    HELP! Any further thoughts. I am still stuck...I can still install the same version no problems. With this version the touchscreen and trackpad dont work. But then trying to install any other OS I get the "reconnecting to jvm" message. I have tried 4 different OS via different methods (BBSAK, apploader, DM)...

Any pearls of wisdom out there?
    07-17-12 11:31 AM
    Be sure you uninstall all OS versions from your pc (add/remove programs). Re-install only the OS you want to load onto your phone. Once the install on your pc is done, make sure you delete ALL vendor.xml files -- there may be two, so search your whole hard drive to ensure you got them all.

Then try the OS load again. I prefer to use apploader.exe instead of DM, but folks have had success using both methods.
    07-17-12 11:51 AM
    I know there used to be only 1, but now there are 2. Search your computer and make sure both are deleted. Good Luck
    07-17-12 11:52 AM
    Look for a program called Vendelete+ as it searches for only RIM vendor files, and deletes them. After that you can try to load a newer OS. That's all I'm good for at the moment, hope it works out for you!
    07-17-12 01:12 PM
    also might want to try it with a different computer.

you never know.
    07-17-12 08:46 PM
    Is this OS loading being done on a PC, or a MAC running Windows? There's a good reason I'm asking...
    07-18-12 01:32 AM
    Turn off data compression. Same thing happened to my Bold 9650 and I have seen a bunch of other people with the same problem. I have tried it all!.. But turning off data compression seemed to solve the problem..

-Sent from my BlackBerry Bold 9650
    07-18-12 01:43 AM
    I was having the same problem and then I read somewhere to leave the battery out until a few seconds after you get to the "Connecting to JVM" step. It's worked three times on three different nukes.
    07-19-12 11:24 PM
    Yes, gotta talk to someone who will listen! So it gets stranger. I can install version 7.0 no problem...I have done it 3 times...sans a working touch screen and trackpad. But when I try to install anther version via BB DM I get thrown back into "reconnecting to JVM" and the red LED and constant reboot.

Any help out there?
    I once tried to update my BB 9000 device software through DM and ended up with a bricked device. Last time I ever did that. Have you tried updating the device software through Apploader?
    07-20-12 02:55 AM
    Just for sH*ts and giggle start the phone up on 7.0 when it loads up to start up screen press the lock button the top of phone, do it a few times on lock/unlock. and so on after every unlock try the track pad,

I HAVE THIS EXACT PROBLEM I CAN LOAD 7.0
    but 7.1 JVM error , Yes I have deleted vendor , Yes i Started for 507 state ,
    Yes I have tried apploader thro promt LOADER/nojvm
    I just cant get past the reconnecting to JVM , i assume its not hardware because I can load 7.0
    10-02-12 12:59 AM
    All, minor success today to what by definition people called my "bricked" BB. My 9900 crapped out. I had the constant reboot. I mean I could not even get to a start up screen. The red led would come on for 5-10 seconds and then it would reboot and do the same thing over and over.

I tried the JL_CMDR and BBSAK to wipe but could not get it to connect.

Tried the app loader and deleting the "vendor" files trying to catch it in PIN:UNKOWN. I could get that to start the process however when the OS tried to load I would get the "cannot reconnect to JVM". I gave up after probably 20 hours of working at it and ordered a new phone.

Guess what, I was bored tonight and I tried something different. I downloaded the latest version of BB Destop Mgr. I again tried to select "update" but would also have trouble with the "reconnecting to JVM".

However, one last trick is that I (selected) downgraded to lowest version given to me in BB Desktop. It ended up being 7.0 bundle 1315. Then, success!!!!!!!!!!

However, once it fired up I could not proceed any further because the touchscreen and trackpad did not work so I could not agree to BB terms and conditions.

So, I then successfully wiped via JL_CMDR. Connected straight away as I had a working OS.

After wiping I then reconnected to BB Desktop and selected the most recent OS.

The most recent OS started loading and I surely thought I was good to go. AND THEN...when loading I once again got the "reconnecting to jvm" message.

I don't need to get this phone working but it has become my little hobby. Thoughts anyone? Trying to re-install 7.0 bundle 1315 again....we shall see!!
    Just for sH*ts and giggle start the phone up on 7.0 when it loads up to start up screen press the lock button the top of phone, do it a few times on lock/unlock. and so on after every unlock try the track pad,

I HAVE THIS EXACT PROBLEM I CAN LOAD 7.0
    but 7.1 JVM error , Yes I have deleted vendor files, Yes i Started from 507 state ,
    Yes I have tried apploader thro prompt LOADER/nojvm
    I just cant get past the reconnecting to JVM , i assume its not hardware because I can load 7.0
    Let me kno if you find a solution please
    Last edited by ttee133; 10-02-12 at 01:01 AM.
    10-02-12 12:59 AM
    Turn off data compression. Same thing happened to my Bold 9650 and I have seen a bunch of other people with the same problem. I have tried it all!.. But turning off data compression seemed to solve the problem..

-Sent from my BlackBerry Bold 9650
    how do you do that? in properties in advance its unchecked or on the bb itself
    10-05-12 02:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD