i am gettin a bold soon... and i am excited but it seems like everytime i come to check the forum on the bold 9900/9930 there is always a forum about bricked bold.. does this happen to the bold all the time or is it just the unlucky ppl who does something to brick their bold?
    01-08-12 05:56 PM
    Yes it happens to everyone who has a 9900.

It's hit or miss. Never experienced it myself.
    01-08-12 06:08 PM
    No problem here since the day TMo dropped them to the public.

It's happened to quite a few, certainly. However, to say "everyone" would be incorrect.
    01-08-12 07:26 PM

That's incorrect by a long shot, I've had mine since the month T-Mobile released theirs and no brickage or near brickage. It's probably people that just don't know how to recover their devices using apploader.
    01-08-12 07:34 PM
    There's a reason why I left huge space between my sentences...it's for sarcasm.
    Electrical_Tech likes this.
    01-08-12 07:47 PM
    I woke up to a dead bold but was able to recover it
    01-08-12 08:03 PM
    No bricking here!
    01-08-12 08:09 PM
    and I must add that I was quiet nervous about my 9930 (having issues), but I do not worry anymore!
    01-08-12 08:12 PM
    Hasn't happened to me yet.
    01-08-12 09:17 PM
    I got a bricked Bold 9900, I was just BBM'ing and it turned off, hasn't turned on since, taken it to a repair place and they are awaiting parts, 110 to repair because I lost the receipt. If you get one, don't loose the receipt.
    01-08-12 10:28 PM
    Disclaimer: I don't have a 9900.

I doubt it's all of them. Forums have a tendency to have more complaints than compliments from what I've seen, but it is discouraging when I read a bunch of posts with the same complaint. I will say though, when the 9000 came out there was quite a bit of negative feedback on signal quality, loose battery doors, speakers that stopped working, bricking, etc. I waited until 6 months after it came out on AT&T before I bought one and had none of the issues that many complained about, with the exception of battery life cause I was using it constantly I used to run through two batteries a day LOL!!! That was also something that was fixed with OS updates as time went on. The 9700 had many reports of tilted trackpads, squeaky frames, paint coming off of keys, and generally loose construction. My first one had a bit of a squeak, and a little tilt. That one was replaced when the headset jack stopped working and the replacement is still tight as a drum and running fine (except low memory with OS 6). My wife's 9780 is solid as can be and has no memory issues.
    I've heard the iPhone 4S has overheating, battery life, yellow screen, loose volume keys, etc. but I have not had a single issue with mine.
    So, take what you read with a grain of salt, use your warranty if you need to, and come report the good and the bad for the next guy

~Sent via Carrier Pigeon~
    01-08-12 11:16 PM
    That's incorrect by a long shot, I've had mine since the month T-Mobile released theirs and no brickage or near brickage. It's probably people that just don't know how to recover their devices using apploader.
    Well, that's not exactly correct, either ... I know there are some users who don't know the difference between bricked and nuked and some other random error that just requires a reboot, but the bricking is definitely an issue for at least a small percent of 99xx phones. Although I have to say that I've seen increasingly fewer reports of it as the weeks go on, so I'm guessing that later OS versions are correcting most of the problems that are not UFU's.

My suggestion to the OP, grab the bold of your dreams, then go straight to here: 2shared - download 9900M_PBr7.1.0_rel561_PL5.1.0.164_A7.1.0.190.exe and download and install the latest 7.1 leak.
    Get all the info you need on how to install it in this thread: http://forums.crackberry.com/leaked-...-fixes-685578/
    01-09-12 12:38 AM
    i have already read about the conditions of bricking..
    so the day i brought 9900, i repeated all the conditions in where 9900 will brick...
    and it passed all of them...
    and till now... no bricking/ nuke...
    mine is made in Hungry 2...
    ***TIP***

don't buy old lot off 99xx, ask him to give from 3rd batch of deliveries (which one is new lot).
    01-09-12 02:23 AM
    What parts could they possibly buy to fix a firmware issue?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    01-09-12 03:02 AM
    thanks for the comments.. just wanted to know before i get my bold and that is why i dont like to get phones right away when it is release cause sometimes their are problem with the phone or software or whatever just like when the torch was released i didnt get mine till a few months after and i have never had any problems with my torch and i am hoping for the same when i finally get my bold
    01-09-12 01:59 PM
    Purchased mine thru VZW the day it came out. The phone bricked last night.
    01-09-12 02:40 PM
    havent had any problem with mine so far but i wont speak too soon
    01-09-12 06:39 PM
    Purchased my 9900 from TMO three weeks ago. I was running stock TMO 7.0. Bricked today. Just froze up and would never cycle up after battery pull. Tried all the Crackberry hacks, but nothing worked. Took it back to TMO and they gave me a brand new one.

I love my 9900, and don't want another phone (don't plan on switching at this time), but I really hope RIM figures this out and fixes it with 7.1.

It probably only happens to a small number of people, but I'm glad I kept all my receipts and paperwork.

RIM, please fix this issue.

Regardless of my experience today, the 9900 is my favorite BB. The keyboard is awesome, the touchscreen is nice and it's faster than any predecessor. If you like BB and bold form factor, you'll love the 9900.
    01-09-12 09:10 PM
    I woke up to a dead bold but was able to recover it
    same with me - 4 times!
    since today was my 4th time, I will send it back through my carrier by today! Let's see what they are telling me...
    01-10-12 01:31 AM
    i am gettin a bold soon... and i am excited but it seems like everytime i come to check the forum on the bold 9900/9930 there is always a forum about bricked bold.. does this happen to the bold all the time or is it just the unlucky ppl who does something to brick their bold?
    It happened to me three times. The phone is a royal piece of feces. The only reason why I still have this POS phone is because I can't stand the iphone.
    01-10-12 03:16 AM
    It happened to me three times. The phone is a royal piece of feces. The only reason why I still have this POS phone is because I can't stand the iphone.
    i feel your pain, i will also add in i need bbm
    01-10-12 08:47 AM
    On my 5th 9930 here...... dreaded White screen every time . . . . .
    01-10-12 09:35 AM
    Update on my own bricked 9900 GSM.

I returned it to the Vodafone shop last wednesday and they said it will take 7 days to fix it. I went in today, tho' the phone is yet to return to the shop i asked what the status was and they said "it was a battery problem and it received a new battery". Hmmm this has got me thinking because i sure as tested the "non working" phone with my friends working Battery whilst trouble shooting it.

Anyways they say i will get the phone tomorrow, so i ll wait till then.
    01-10-12 01:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD