Hey everybody, I noticed its a pretty prominent issue both on the crackberry forums and the BlackBerry Community forums, a lot of Bold 9900's and even other OS7 devices are being permanently bricked. First off, I'd like to start off by telling the difference between a 'bricked' device and a 'nuked' device

Bricked BlackBerry - Totally unusable, unrestorable.

Nuked BlackBerry - Java errors which can be fixed by reseting or reinstalling the BlackBerry OS.

So I'd like everyone who have a bricked BlackBerry Bold 9900 to post what happened and share your views on the way forward. Especially those who bought their phones from amazon, ebay etc. and cannot get a replacement device from their carrier.
    11-09-11 06:03 PM
    why would you class action? thats what your warranty is for so you can get a replacement. geez, people so keen to sue ya should work for lodsys!!
    11-09-11 06:10 PM
    Especially those who bought their phones from amazon, ebay etc. and cannot get a replacement device from their carrier.
    If it was new you're still under warranty anyways.
    11-09-11 06:12 PM
    Hey everybody, I noticed its a pretty prominent issue both on the crackberry forums and the BlackBerry Community forums, a lot of Bold 9900's and even other OS7 devices are being permanently bricked. First off, I'd like to start off by telling the difference between a 'bricked' device and a 'nuked' device

Nuked BlackBerry - Java errors which can be fixed by reseting or reinstalling the BlackBerry OS.

So I'd like everyone who have a bricked BlackBerry Bold 9900 to post what happened and share your views on the way forward. Especially those who bought their phones from amazon, ebay etc. and cannot get a replacement device from their carrier.
    I am not sure I understand. You want your carrier to exchange a device you bought off ebay or amazon? I am pretty sure that your device is covered by warranty.
    11-09-11 06:13 PM
    I am not sure I understand. You want your carrier to exchange a device you bought off ebay or amazon? I am pretty sure that your device is covered by warranty.
    Are you saying that if the device is purchased on Ebay and it bricks within a year, RIM will warranty it?
    11-09-11 06:17 PM
    Are you saying that if the device is purchased on Ebay and it bricks within a year, RIM will warranty it?
    RIM doesn't cover the warranty for the device. I meant NIB with respect to ebay. If you bought a nice shiny new device from colorware and it bricked (while still under warranty), then you would have to send it back to colorware. After your warranty expires you can deal directly with RIM. That is not going to be free.
    11-09-11 06:19 PM
    RIM, like any other company wants to sell products and reap the revenue with the least product returns as is possible. You can bet the larger corporate accounts that are deploying OS7 devices are seeing all possible issues. And you can bet RIM is looking at the devices and will correct the issue in future builds if hardware, or a patch if its software. So you'll either get a patch or a new phone. Not really something that warrants involving lawyers.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    11-09-11 06:24 PM
    Unless you got said phone from the back of a truck
    11-09-11 06:27 PM

Unnecessary

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-09-11 06:31 PM
    Unnecessary? What else is there to do? I email go4computers which is the company I bought it from on amazon, they said I should call BlackBerry. I called BlackBerry, their saying I should call my carrier despite the fact that I didn't buy my phone from my carrier.
    totallygone likes this.
    11-09-11 06:44 PM

I Have read alot of crazy things on here but no matter where you bought the device
    1 you have a 1 year warrany on the device
    2 if you bought it on Amazon you still have to link it to a carrier where Amazon subsidizes the low price as long as you havean upgrade due through whoever you are with unless you choose to switch carriers. Come on give me a break... A Class Action Suit... Pease! Contact Amazon if you got it there and ask the policies on BBs under warranty. If ebay, you must have paid full price so then I would think it would be the carrier you open an acct. with and choose a voice and data plan with.

Why stir things up and ask everyone with a problem to start a Class Action Suit.
    11-09-11 06:50 PM
    Unnecessary? What else is there to do? I email go4computers which is the company I bought it from on amazon, they said I should call BlackBerry. I called BlackBerry, their saying I should call my carrier despite the fact that I didn't buy my phone from my carrier.
    No matter 3rd party or not, You went through Amazon so you have 2 businesses to look out to and get Warranty. If any doubt about whatthis company is telling you, call and ask Amazon to see what they say andthen call RIM to give them the info and ask them how YOU should handle it.
    11-09-11 06:53 PM
    11-09-11 07:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD