Actually in Canada companies have the right to open an investigation against you. It happen to me with Telus and I had to yell at them and I told them I am hiring a lawyer. I had to replace my 3 time and Phill, I don't think it is user error that RIM has low quality control. Is it customer's job to fix OS issues on WP, iPhone or Androids? According to Apple, Windows and Samsung sites, NO, it is not. If a fatal error caused due to a official OS, the company is responsible.
    Investigation??? I'm with Telus too. What non sense is that?
    02-20-12 10:40 AM
    This is the first time I heard someone end up with a bricked phone running OS 7.1.
    Guess that answers peoples questions on the new leaks. *smh*
    02-20-12 10:49 AM
    i'm on my second 9900, woke up this morning with the red light going on/off. i unplugged it and it turned off and then back on and i got past the red light to the point where i saw the "blackberry" splash screen for a split second.... and then it turned off.

i did a battery pull and sim card pull, replaced and it fired back up. i backup it up immediately.

this evening i battery pulled for the bridge update and it got into the same loop. took 2 battery/sim pulls to get it back.
    02-20-12 06:30 PM
    Has anyone heard (inside sources / repair agents, etc) or speculated on the reason this is happening?

I have never let my phone charge over night, but occasionally I will see the charging "thunderbolt" turn to a "plug" which would normally indicate it's fully charged, when in fact it is not.

I've only had this phone for a week so far and I'm considering selling it.

I would be curious if there is a thread around here with 9900 users who HAVE NOT had their phone brick? Anyone know? This paranoia is ruining my user experience of this otherwise good phone.
    02-20-12 06:58 PM
    Investigation??? I'm with Telus too. What non sense is that?
    Yep... they told me they open a file against me and my dad for returning too many Blackberries to Telus. They told me that they will simply refuse to exchange any phone, even if it not my own, including my mom's Bold 9780, my dad's Bold and my brother's iPhone in the future for abusing the exchange policy.

I pick up the phone call RIM told them to go F_U_C_K off. A day later Telus called me said said sorry and they removed the file.

Anyway, the Apple Canada replaced my brother's iPhone 4 with a brand new one without Telus getting involved through BestBuy Mobile with no issues at all. So, I think RIM going to lose a lot of customers in Canada at this rate of customer service. I know it is not RIM's fault, but RIM should know better to handle warranty claims without intimidation.
    Last edited by mss-ca; 02-20-12 at 07:13 PM.
    02-20-12 07:01 PM
    I would be curious if there is a thread around here with 9900 users who HAVE NOT had their phone brick? Anyone know? This paranoia is ruining my user experience of this otherwise good phone.
    We should start a Thread if no one has done that yet. My phone never went in to bricked mode got nuked. I had Telus stock and one leaked OS 7.1 plus the current leaked OS 7.1. No issues at all...
    02-20-12 07:03 PM
    Horror stories like this one make me glad I am still using my trusty 9650.
    mssca and mauricio123 like this.
    02-20-12 07:13 PM
    Horror stories like this one make me glad I am still using my trusty 9650.
    Or even 9700 IS a good phone. I used to have one.
    02-20-12 07:14 PM
    Yep my first one was also bought in Futureshop on August 2011. It was an 04 made in mexico and it bricked on October, nothing tried woild bring it back so rogers sent it for repairs and instead they sent me a replacement device. This device bricked 3 weeks later during sleep, again sent for repairs and instead got a different imei esn device. This one Bricked on November 17th again sent in for repairs, got a different device back. The device bricked again on December 12th.

All of these bricked on stock OS, during charing at night when I went to bed. Each time I woke up late to work since I use it as an alarm clock. Each time the battery ranged from 2%-40% before it was place to charge.

I did nothing to it, just woke up and blinking red light.

I'm compiling my evidence and have a blog as well if we get enough peoPle with evidence we will confront RiM about this none sense

Man, it really sucks to be you. Hope your next one is a good batch. I know tons of ppl with 9900 and not 1 ever bricked... I've done tons of things to my 9900 and its still a workhorse. I believe its hardware problem affecting a few percentage. Most probably one of the OEM RIM uses has poor QC.
    02-20-12 08:15 PM
    I could understand one bricked device, but 6 for the same user? I have to agree with Phil. There's something on your device - be it an app, or something you do that is causing this. 6 devices being replaced due to the same issue over 6 months is not normal...not at all. Most have not bricked even one...but you have toasted 6...think about it.
    Actually I agree with you too. Most probably his device was nuked but got new replacement.
    02-20-12 08:18 PM
    Man, it really sucks to be you. Hope your next one is a good batch. I know tons of ppl with 9900 and not 1 ever bricked... I've done tons of things to my 9900 and its still a workhorse. I believe its hardware problem affecting a few percentage. Most probably one of the OEM RIM uses has poor QC.
    I just got a iphone today from the apple store, had enough shipping devices. Every month lol thanks for everyones support though. Great community you have here, its unfortunate the products have a engineering flaw.

Good luck to everyone
    02-21-12 12:52 AM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD