Left it to charge, was over 30 percent, woke up 8 hours later bricked.
    Not recognized by any usb port, can't install os, blinking red light, bbsak doesn't work, jl cmder doesn't work!
    Os 7.1.0.205
    Fun fun fun,
    02-20-12 12:22 AM
    Lesson learnt, do not sleep... ever!
    dimm0k likes this.
    02-20-12 12:24 AM
    Better lesson learned; no more money for RiM products... Ever!!
    02-20-12 12:30 AM
    There is a bricked forum around here that might point you in the right direction.
    02-20-12 12:35 AM
    There is no direction for a bricked 9900, swap for a refurbished device+pray. This is going to be my 6th one, soon Rogers will stop giving me them.
    02-20-12 12:39 AM
    Better lesson learned; no more money for RiM products... Ever!!

What does that say about the other companies considering RIM has the lowest failure rate of ANY manufacturer.
    Last edited by GvdM; 02-20-12 at 02:49 AM.
    02-20-12 12:46 AM
    This is going to be my 6th one...
    2 words... User Error!
    02-20-12 02:47 AM
    Charged overnight, woke up this morning not a problem!
    oldtimeBBaddict likes this.
    02-20-12 02:53 AM
    Welcome brother ..
    There is a program your USB program and in other time

I want what I can l help you
    02-20-12 02:55 AM
    Welcome brother ..
    There is a program your USB program and in other time

I want what I can l help you
    I'm sure that made sense before you typed it.
    02-20-12 03:06 AM
    Its not waking up after restart and battery pull?
    Happends to me every now and then, ever since I updated to leaked OS..
    02-20-12 03:47 AM
    I'm on my 3rd in 6 months! All were running stock carrier os. The last one bricked in my hands while on CB! The only thing I have concluded is that before it bricked I had 85% battery. When I booted my replacement up with the same battery 24 hrs later, it had completely discharged. Software? Hardware? Definitely not user error. I just hope I can tolerate this untill BB10 comes out. Hurry up RIM! I do not want to become an itunes slave!
    Last edited by albee 1; 02-20-12 at 08:09 AM.
    02-20-12 08:07 AM
    There is no direction for a bricked 9900, swap for a refurbished device+pray. This is going to be my 6th one, soon Rogers will stop giving me them.
    Rogers lets you keep bringing the phone back anytime?

I wonder if Telus will let me do that if it ever happens to me... I got the phone from FutureShop, so maybe not?
    02-20-12 08:19 AM

I wonder if Telus will let me do that if it ever happens to me... I got the phone from FutureShop, so maybe not?
    There's a 1 year manufacturers warranty on the phone, and wherever you bought it from must honor it.
    02-20-12 09:06 AM
    User error?? I plug it in to charge, wake up, its unresponsive with blinking red light. Yes I erroneously let it charge, if its charging while you sleep then its not being used. Thid takes the user out of the equation and only leaves the phone its self.

I understand you may be loyal to the brand, I am too since I didn't give up after the 6th one. But come on, this shouldn't be happening.

And yes Rogers tells me to send it in for repairs, I send it in for repaiRs. Instead of repairing it they send back a different imei device.

Oh well,
    02-20-12 09:13 AM
    There's a 1 year manufacturers warranty on the phone, and wherever you bought it from must honor it.
    Yeah I knew about the 1 year manufacturer warranty. Just wondering if it's the carrier or the retailer that honors it.

I'm pretty scared about the possibility of this happening to my phone as well.
    02-20-12 09:18 AM
    If you bought the phone from a carrier, then if it happens to you they will tell you to send it in for repairs. Once this. Happens the company that rePairs them actually send you a refurbished one instead, it looks like new with a screen cover.

If you bought the phone on ebay, or from a third party then you are out of luck. RiM doesn't deal with warranties because they didn't sell you the phone. So whoever your provider is, will repair or replace it for you.

Since RiM admitted to this bricking the carriers are more undeerstanding of the situation and don't hassle as much.

Good luck!
    02-20-12 09:23 AM
    If you bought the phone from a carrier, then if it happens to you they will tell you to send it in for repairs. Once this. Happens the company that rePairs them actually send you a refurbished one instead, it looks like new with a screen cover.

If you bought the phone on ebay, or from a third party then you are out of luck. RiM doesn't deal with warranties because they didn't sell you the phone. So whoever your provider is, will repair or replace it for you.

Since RiM admitted to this bricking the carriers are more undeerstanding of the situation and don't hassle as much.

Good luck!
    Thanks. I bought it from Future Shop (owned by Best Buy in Canada). Should be an authorized dealer, so my carrier should honor it?
    02-20-12 09:28 AM
    Yep my first one was also bought in Futureshop on August 2011. It was an 04 made in mexico and it bricked on October, nothing tried woild bring it back so rogers sent it for repairs and instead they sent me a replacement device. This device bricked 3 weeks later during sleep, again sent for repairs and instead got a different imei esn device. This one Bricked on November 17th again sent in for repairs, got a different device back. The device bricked again on December 12th.

All of these bricked on stock OS, during charing at night when I went to bed. Each time I woke up late to work since I use it as an alarm clock. Each time the battery ranged from 2%-40% before it was place to charge.

I did nothing to it, just woke up and blinking red light.

I'm compiling my evidence and have a blog as well if we get enough peoPle with evidence we will confront RiM about this none sense
    02-20-12 09:42 AM
    User error?? I plug it in to charge, wake up, its unresponsive with blinking red light. Yes I erroneously let it charge, if its charging while you sleep then its not being used. Thid takes the user out of the equation and only leaves the phone its self.

I understand you may be loyal to the brand, I am too since I didn't give up after the 6th one. But come on, this shouldn't be happening.

And yes Rogers tells me to send it in for repairs, I send it in for repaiRs. Instead of repairing it they send back a different imei device.

Oh well,
    I could understand one bricked device, but 6 for the same user? I have to agree with Phil. There's something on your device - be it an app, or something you do that is causing this. 6 devices being replaced due to the same issue over 6 months is not normal...not at all. Most have not bricked even one...but you have toasted 6...think about it.
    02-20-12 09:42 AM
    I could understand one bricked device, but 6 for the same user? I have to agree with Phil. There's something on your device - be it an app, or something you do that is causing this. 6 devices being replaced due to the same issue over 6 months is not normal...not at all. Most have not bricked even one...but you have toasted 6...think about it.
    Have you checked google? Some people are on their 3rd+ device for the same bs.

How the is it user error if I let it charge at night and I wake up and its dead? Seriously explain this. I guess it has to happen to you before you realize something is wrong.
    02-20-12 09:46 AM
    So Rogers is replacing the devices, not Future Shop right?
    02-20-12 09:53 AM
    So Rogers is replacing the devices, not Future Shop right?
    Yes but it has to be bricked (aka ed no repair possible over the air, I.e no bbsak, no specific os, no battery pulling or pluging in during jvm connecting, no jlcmder, nothing)

That's when rogers says send the phone in, and they cnat fix it so they send you a replacement.
    02-20-12 09:56 AM

Actually in Canada companies have the right to open an investigation against you. It happen to me with Telus and I had to yell at them and I told them I am hiring a lawyer. I had to replace my 3 time and Phill, I don't think it is user error that RIM has low quality control. Is it customer's job to fix OS issues on WP, iPhone or Androids? According to Apple, Windows and Samsung sites, NO, it is not. If a fatal error caused due to a official OS, the company is responsible.
    36thDisciple likes this.
    02-20-12 10:21 AM
    This is the first time I heard someone end up with a bricked phone running OS 7.1.
    02-20-12 10:22 AM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD