switched to BB 9900 from Nokia that has never failed me once.

Being new to touch screen 3G phones I adapted to the 1 day battery life (versus 2 to 3 days with the NOKIA E72)

Loved the phone especially the QWERTY , however, in less of a 2 month period, the software OS7 crashed and it showed that dreadful white screen with the microscopic font "Software Malfunction"

After the panic attack, it took around 3 hours to reinstall the software via the desktop program, to restore the contacts and emails, and to restore the previous settings.

Both times it was "unprovoked": no low battery, no weird apps, no car charger, no overnight charging ..

New year resolution: crash once more and you are gone BB !

I wonder if somebody else had the same problem.
    01-04-12 09:34 AM
    ive had this happen 7 times on two 0s7 devices.

its one of the perks of the devices i guess.
    01-04-12 10:38 AM
    Which os are you running? ,if it occurred twice with the same os ,I think you better try others os
    01-04-12 10:48 AM
    Agreed, make sure to upgrade to a newer OS, this might help. I've had my Bold for almost two months now and have had no problems.
    01-04-12 10:58 AM
    My 9810 bought on launch day and my three month old 9900 have never given me one problem. I load leaked OS's, bang them around, they get cold when I plow or snow blow, they get hot when I do tree work, but they never, ever get wet, that I'm careful about.

Granted, they both wear cases, but I guess I'm just a lucky guy. Both are Mexico 4, the ones that are supposedly so bad, and here they are, humming along, never have failed to wake me (Evolving Dream is the best!), and have never have frozen up or crashed.

Battery life is good, not great, but 24 hours is the LEAST I have run across. In my experience, the OS 7 phones rock.

I truly feel badly for those of you having problems, I wish every one's phones worked like mine do. Good luck to all.
    Last edited by AugustArborists; 01-04-12 at 02:25 PM.
    01-04-12 11:38 AM
    I used to have the Telus stock OS and now I am running the leaked OS 7.1 for few months and yet I have not experience any issues with my phone. At least not a crash or a JVM error for sure.
    01-04-12 11:45 AM
    I took my phone out of the pouch and it had the white screen of death with application error 502 reset.
    I pressed the touch pad and it the phone then rebooted. The search for 502 error said wipe and reinstall in the threads.

running7.1 leak and showing 67% battery life, any ideas?
    01-04-12 02:58 PM
    switched to BB 9900 from Nokia that has never failed me once.

Being new to touch screen 3G phones I adapted to the 1 day battery life (versus 2 to 3 days with the NOKIA E72)

Loved the phone especially the QWERTY , however, in less of a 2 month period, the software OS7 crashed and it showed that dreadful white screen with the microscopic font "Software Malfunction"

After the panic attack, it took around 3 hours to reinstall the software via the desktop program, to restore the contacts and emails, and to restore the previous settings.

Both times it was "unprovoked": no low battery, no weird apps, no car charger, no overnight charging ..

New year resolution: crash once more and you are gone BB !

I wonder if somebody else had the same problem.
    Not bad for a 1st post - maybe it's the apps you have loaded. You have not provided a single detail about the phone...

Too bad if it crashes again - we'd hate to see you go after so many great and informative posts!
    Last edited by FBA; 01-04-12 at 03:06 PM.
    01-04-12 03:03 PM
    I apologize for the noninformative nontechnical post

3rd party apps: Whatsapp, Facebook, twitter, Battery Watch, CB wallpaper changer, Flashlight

I am happy to share any more relevant information !
    01-05-12 06:24 AM
    Not bad for a 1st post - maybe it's the apps you have loaded. You have not provided a single detail about the phone...

Too bad if it crashes again - we'd hate to see you go after so many great and informative posts!
    Nothing like attacking someone because he is having problems with a phone just like YOURS!
    01-05-12 06:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD