Its absolutely amazing, I txt like flying now.
    Absolutely the best keyboard I ever used

The OS however does get sluggish at times for unknown reasons, but I'm confident things will get fixed evetually.

I hav a galaxy tab 10.1 , while it is surely awesome n all.
    But the touch ui never rlly clicks to me
    (I'm a programmer and prefer more traditional/conservative stuff... Big powerful desktop, linux, and a phone with a nice keyboard, etc.

Man rlllly in luv with this phone!!!!

Too bad rim is not pushing any qwerty phone with qnx this year...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    01-14-12 01:49 AM
    Glad you are enjoying the 9900.
    I wouldnt say the best phone out there for this price. If it had a lower price i would definitely say its one of the ebst deal out there, but sadly i cant.
    But its still a pretty good phone that I am enjoying
    01-14-12 03:11 AM

The OS however does get sluggish at times for unknown reasons, but I'm confident things will get fixed evetually.

(I'm a programmer and prefer more traditional/conservative stuff... Big powerful desktop, linux, and a phone with a nice keyboard, etc.

use BBSSH app and ssh your linux teminal on BB.
    its helpful some times.
    try this link...
    http://bbssh.org/articles/bbssh-for-...date-pre-beta/
    Last edited by infinus; 01-14-12 at 04:27 AM.
    01-14-12 04:25 AM

Have you updated your OS? i run a 7.1 and i find it flawless no sluggieshness in it.
    01-14-12 04:31 AM
    I love my 9900. Best one I had since my 9700. Rock solid, haven't needed to do many battery pulls at all.
    01-14-12 04:41 AM
    i love mine as well, probably the best phone i ever had. it's just that the os isn't really stable and it has some minor glitches and that's why i wouldn't recommend it to other people.
    01-14-12 06:00 AM
    I bought the 9900 Sim free, 18 months into a 24 month contract, have changed phones every 6 months (buying them SIM free after the initial free phone)

And now, Im due an upgrade… for the first time ever when due an upgrade im not looking to change, says it all about the Bold 9900.

Steve
    01-14-12 06:16 AM
    Check this out. 9900 was just ok when it was $299 for 18 months. Then, a week ago, the phone went on sale. Pretty much $50 with contract. Now it's the best phone in the world.
    01-14-12 06:04 PM
    9900 is perfect
    01-14-12 06:06 PM

You will need to restart the bold every time it gets sluggish, it happens to me every week or sometimes less.

I restart the bold with the keyboard instead of removing the battery, one time I have to wait over 7 minutes so the OS loads.
    01-14-12 07:00 PM
    Best KB, yes. The rest of it pretty much just mediocre ok.
    01-14-12 07:38 PM
    I agree it's the best phone available. I'm glad your enjoying it too.
    01-14-12 08:04 PM
    Yep does everything i need it to do.

Little issues here and there, but other devices have issues as well, regardless of manufacture.
    01-14-12 08:27 PM
    Agreed bold 9900 is the best blackberry ever and one of the best smartphones in the market. I am rocking a white 9900 for my work, the keyboard is simply amazing and I literally can just work using 9900 as typing on it, editing, copy and paste, etc is so buttery smooth. That said, Torch 9810 and iphone are also fantastic devices, which I use for my personal life

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    01-14-12 08:55 PM
    I got the 9900 a few months ago, and besides a few 7.1 incompatible apps, have had no problems. I run leaks, use it in harsh weather, bang it up, and it keeps working. I love this phone.

I also run a 9810, and I switch out once in a while, it's almost like getting a new phone when I change up. Oddly enough, my BBM contacts seem a bit out of sorts just about the time I do a switch. Meh...
    01-14-12 10:57 PM
    Very jealous of your experiences.

So far (within 2 months of use) I have experienced:
    a-spontaneous touch screen not working. Had to pull batt, and pray that it magically would work...and it did.
    b-low batt, charge overnight resulted in a dead BB, flashing red light. Unsalvageable.

My experience thus far is hardly that of a 'perfect' phone. Physically, I agree, it is a gorgeous throw-back to my sexy 9000. Can't wait to get this back-up phone on my 2nd line working again.
    01-15-12 05:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD