Hi friends i bought my bold 9900 just day before yesterday gave an overnite charge next day did just 10 mins of bbm 25 talk time checked 4 incoming mails battery half .i got a shock of my life asked from a few known ppl who were also using bold 9900 they gave a very bad report that the set was facing battery issue some were returning back the set some were just num about the fact what is this blackberry release an high end model and then no solutions to ppl very sorry rim is not bothered about their end customers there is no email id where we can even escalate this complaint to them directly they should at least provide an help email id for their customers in india europe or usa i am writing this note as i really want a solution to my problem i have sent neumorous mail to their business partners ( redington ) in india where i am from but they too are sleeping on my problem
    08-27-11 11:00 AM
    Now that's a long sentence loll give it a couple of days, do a couple of battery pulls and it should get much better. Even I was expierencing the same problem but after a couple of days, battery now lasts me a day +

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    gian6858 likes this.
    08-27-11 11:05 AM
    Battery life is REALLY bad for me as well (had it 2 days now). I hope it improves like Bure03 says.
    08-27-11 11:14 AM
    1. Punctuation is your friend
    2. The battery life on a working 9900 is fine. I own one. If you aren't getting a day + your battery is defective.
    08-27-11 11:19 AM
    I still can't understand these battery issues. my 9930 has excellent battery life.
    Bold9930, imrank128 and rstrathman like this.
    08-27-11 11:34 AM
    My battery was at 85%. I talked on the phone for 2hrs & 38min and it is now at 10%. I was able to talk on my 9780 for a few hrs (from 80%+) and not hit yellow.
    08-27-11 11:35 AM
    Will they be able to just exchange your battery hassle free? I updated to the latest leaked OS and I really hope that takes care of the issues (light usage and can't even make it 12 hours)
    08-27-11 11:38 AM
    My battery has been working flawlessly.

You may want to try to turn down your screen brightness to 10/20% and have it dim automatically. Saved battery useage big time..

A well known tip on the BB I thought?
    08-27-11 11:43 AM
    1. Punctuation is your friend
    2. The battery life on a working 9900 is fine. I own one. If you aren't getting a day + your battery is defective.
    On day one with my 9900 (GSM version) I got over a full day on it with no issues. No different than my old 9780 it replaced.
    rstrathman likes this.
    08-27-11 12:00 PM
    Hi,
    I've read a few comments on battery life and I have a suggestion.
    First of all, I've had no such issue. I am a heavy user and my battery lasts me well over a full day. I charge it at work and looks like I'm getting a day and a half of active use.
    Suggestion:
    1. when you get your bold let the battery drain completely.
    2. on your first charge, charge it all night or for at least several hours with a charger not the USB to the computer.

I know the rep told me it was not relevant to drain it first or give it a full charge because battery technology is better but hey, it worked for me and worked very well. Just a suggestion.
    gian6858 likes this.
    08-27-11 12:07 PM
    Mine works great. Make sure you don't have a bunch of apps running in the background all day.
    rstrathman likes this.
    08-27-11 12:17 PM
    My battery is fairly Defective. I've got two that just are not very good. Once all this Hurricane passes and I get back I'll be exchanging these batteries.

08-27-11 12:39 PM
    I think Mine is defective as well. I used it at Sea world the other day and took 20-30 pics and was uloading them to facebook and to bbm and maybe 40 min of talk time and I got about 8 hours of charge out of it. Even today I was on the phone for about 45 min after a 3 hour car ride and had under 50% left when I got home.
    08-27-11 10:11 PM
    Mine works great. Make sure you don't have a bunch of apps running in the background all day.
    This is it, it seems. For me anyway. I started closing everything after using it about 5 hours ago and I've only lost 8% battery during those 5 hours now. Leaving a ton of apps running seems to be the culprit really.
    08-27-11 11:20 PM
    I'm a fairly heavy user and do run a number of apps, but I did the same thing on the 9700.

The battery is smaller in capacity, I understand, than the 9700. It's even smaller in capacity than the small 9800 battery. The addition of the touch screen must also have an adverse effect on battery life. Whatever the reason, I bought another battery (and if you're going to do that, you need a battery charger of course). There's no question that if I don't get a chance to charge mid-day, I need both batteries. The good news is that the batteries charge very quickly.

I am curious if Meterberry isn't truly compatible, despite the fact that everyone says it is and it appears to run well. It shows that my average discharge rate is between 8 & 12%/hour, and this has been the same thru one hybrid OS, one official and two leaks. I'm curious if my battery life would be longer without Meterberry. Has anyone tested with and without the app to see if it has an adverse effect?
    08-28-11 04:32 PM
    It's not that bad...
    08-28-11 04:51 PM
    My battery is awesome and I consider myself a heavy user. On an avg day, I:

- talk 15 mins on the bb
    - send/receive about 500 sms
    - check/write emails about 5 emails every hour (during 9-5 work hrs)
    - bbm throughout the day
    - twitter throughout the day
    - take several pics as well

On the average day, I have about 15-20% of battery life.

Mind you, I also turn off wifi when I'm not using it, and have turned my LED indicator light off, turned down screen brightness to minimal, and also have my screen to shut off at 10 secs.

And like Frosty mentioned, I make sure that all apps and folders are closed when I'm not using them. It's like I have OCD because I'm constantly holding the menu button down to make sure I'm keeping everything closed.

All this to say, I definitely think you have a defective battery and you should see if you can only get that replaced because if everything else is fine with the phone, you don't want to risk getting a lemon by returning everything.
    08-28-11 05:21 PM
    One exception to what I wrote above. When I'm in my basement room the whole day, I don't last as long as the phone's always searching for a signal and jumps from full coverage to SOS and THIS drains the battery.
    08-28-11 05:23 PM
    Mind you, I also turn off wifi when I'm not using it, and have turned my LED indicator light off, turned down screen brightness to minimal, and also have my screen to shut off at 10 secs.

And like Frosty mentioned, I make sure that all apps and folders are closed when I'm not using them. It's like I have OCD because I'm constantly holding the menu button down to make sure I'm keeping everything closed.
    This. Solved all my problems. I put the screen brightness at 10% which is still plenty bright. In fact I wish I could turn it to 5%. It's 3:30PM now and I have 68% charge left while earlier I'd be in the yellow by now. I guess a lot of the 'bad battery life' reports are related to having a ton of apps open.
    08-28-11 05:39 PM
    My battery is awesome and I consider myself a heavy user. On an avg day, I:

- talk 15 mins on the bb
    - send/receive about 500 sms
    - check/write emails about 5 emails every hour (during 9-5 work hrs)
    - bbm throughout the day
    - twitter throughout the day
    - take several pics as well

On the average day, I have about 15-20% of battery life.

All this to say, I definitely think you have a defective battery and you should see if you can only get that replaced because if everything else is fine with the phone, you don't want to risk getting a lemon by returning everything.
    From what you have written here, that's truly ****ty battery life. Coming from a 9780, and many other previous BlackBerry's before, your battery life is totally unacceptable to me. My 9780 - given the same duty as your 9900, would have more than 45% battery life at the end of the day, with 100% screen brightness and no auto dim enabled.

@ TheMarco - that's BS...the 9900 has horrible battery life - doesn't hold a candle to the 9780. Go read the 9780 forums and see if they complain about battery life before you make that type of statement. No reason a 9900 couldn't have been designed to allow us the same battery life as a 9780.
    Last edited by FBA; 08-28-11 at 08:34 PM.
    08-28-11 08:32 PM
    The first day I had the phone the battery drained really quickly on me. But, I was setting up a lot email and just playing with the device. I disabled a lot on the phone like GPS and such. So far I can charge my phone to 100% before leave for work and it's at 30% by the next day of moderate use. Its not great battery life but, it gets me well through 12 hour days. Not sure why its not the same for others.

08-28-11 08:45 PM
    The first day I had the phone the battery drained really quickly on me. But, I was setting up a lot email and just playing with the device. I disabled a lot on the phone like GPS and such. So far I can charge my phone to 100% before leave for work and it's at 30% by the next day of moderate use. Its not great battery life but, it gets me well through 12 hour days. Not sure why its not the same for others.

Similar experience here for me, well at least the first day part. Keep in mind I do not use my phone that much throughout the day. I do have 2 emails synced to the device as well as my BBM usage and the fact that I can't keep myself from playing with this thing all the time. I have those things going plus BeWeather updating every hour as well as Battery Watch monitoring it.

First day I got about 4 hours of use out of it which included setting things up, downloading applications and freaking just touching it almost every 5 mins with excitement. I was quite concerned about the batt life seeing this.

Second and third days I got about 24 hours of life prior to needing a charge. Good but for the type of user I am it was not that impressive for a BB device. Would completely impress me on my work Android device but that is another story.

Now, I am getting about 36+ on a charge with this thing and a very happy user. I hope you guys having poor experiences with battery can figure out what the root cause is so you can enjoy.
    08-28-11 11:12 PM
    Similar experience here for me, well at least the first day part. Keep in mind I do not use my phone that much throughout the day. I do have 2 emails synced to the device as well as my BBM usage and the fact that I can't keep myself from playing with this thing all the time. I have those things going plus BeWeather updating every hour as well as Battery Watch monitoring it.

First day I got about 4 hours of use out of it which included setting things up, downloading applications and freaking just touching it almost every 5 mins with excitement. I was quite concerned about the batt life seeing this.

Second and third days I got about 24 hours of life prior to needing a charge. Good but for the type of user I am it was not that impressive for a BB device. Would completely impress me on my work Android device but that is another story.

Now, I am getting about 36+ on a charge with this thing and a very happy user. I hope you guys having poor experiences with battery can figure out what the root cause is so you can enjoy.
    36+?!?! Man that's a bit more than me. I don't use my phone as much as some either and I have great coverage where I work. I know that plays a big factor. I actually don't have BeWeather or anything of the sort so I'm impressed with that kind of battery life with light usuage.

Just wish I knew why others haven't had the same luck. Considering my BlackBerry lasts longer than my last two phones is making me happy. ((IP4 and Droid 1))
    08-29-11 05:41 AM
    From what you have written here, that's truly ****ty battery life. Coming from a 9780, and many other previous BlackBerry's before, your battery life is totally unacceptable to me. My 9780 - given the same duty as your 9900, would have more than 45% battery life at the end of the day, with 100% screen brightness and no auto dim enabled.
    I'm glad to hear that your 9780 is so awesome with the battery life.

I'm probably much lower in battery juice than your 9780 bc my BT is on most of the day and also, when I'm in my room, it's constantly looking for coverage.
    08-29-11 09:10 AM
    How do check to see if apps are running in the background?

I am also having trouble with my battery.

Brightness on 10%
    Manual Refresh for Social Scope.
    15min phone call.
    Sent/Recieved about 60 txtz
    Received a couple of emails.
    Checked out a few websites.
    WiFi is off.

Took my phone off of the charger at 10am. It's now 1:42pm and I'm at 45%.

No Bueno. o_O

08-29-11 12:44 PM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD