My bold 9900 shuts down randomly at which point a red light continuously starts to blink. I have to pull the battery and hopefully the phone turns back on or repeat this step numerous times. It will eventually turn off only to turn off by itself again. I know when it shuts off and the light blinks it has bricked itself. I called rogers and they want me to send it for repairs which means I will be without a phone for a month. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue and if so what have they done. I am running the latest leaked 7.1 software.
    04-07-12 05:44 PM
    The simple answer is to wipe the phone (using bbsak) and reload the OS. If you've tried that and it still persists than it is a hardware issue.

And by the way, Rogers saying you MUST send it in for repair is a lie. Call again, telling them the phone won't turn on blah blah blah, but say you want a hardware replacement. Chances are the person you spoke to is just misinformed. As long as it's within the year warranty period, which obviously it is, you're eligible for a replacement. They may try to charge you $30 to replace though (new policy so I was told).
    harman_21 likes this.
    04-07-12 07:41 PM
    The simple answer is to wipe the phone (using bbsak) and reload the OS. If you've tried that and it still persists than it is a hardware issue.

And by the way, Rogers saying you MUST send it in for repair is a lie. Call again, telling them the phone won't turn on blah blah blah, but say you want a hardware replacement. Chances are the person you spoke to is just misinformed. As long as it's within the year warranty period, which obviously it is, you're eligible for a replacement. They may try to charge you $30 to replace though (new policy so I was told).
    Thanks a lot for the response. I was thinking of wiping the phone with bbsak, just wanted to see if anyone had the same problem beforehand. And yeah I know about the 35 dollar fee but I had to argue with her just to get to acknowledge that policy. Hopefully a wipe deals with this issue otherwise I'll have to go with that route.
    04-07-12 08:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD