Will the new Bold Touch 4G be competive with the new 4g Androids? I'm upgrading my Bold 9650. The most important features to me are 1 call quality, 2 reception, 3 messaging capability (e-mail and SMS), 4 Web, 5 3rd party apps. I'm interested to see if Verizon will get a 4G Android with a full keyboard like the Droid 2 or Droid Pro. I'd like to get a new phone between now and december.

I was waiting for the 4G Blackberry Bold to roll out but Blackberry is in decline. RIM is loosing investors, laying off employee, and scrambling to upgrade the specs on their phone delaying release. RIM has realized their behind Android and Apple.

I've been reluctant to give up RIM's excellent tech support, keyboard, strenght in e-mail and messaging with great call quality.

Thanks!
    06-20-11 02:02 PM
    Will the new Bold Touch 4G be competive with the new 4g Androids? I'm upgrading my Bold 9650. The most important features to me are 1 call quality, 2 reception, 3 messaging capability (e-mail and SMS), 4 Web, 5 3rd party apps. I'm interested to see if Verizon will get a 4G Android with a full keyboard like the Droid 2 or Droid Pro. I'd like to get a new phone between now and december.

I was waiting for the 4G Blackberry Bold to roll out but Blackberry is in decline. RIM is loosing investors, laying off employee, and scrambling to upgrade the specs on their phone delaying release. RIM has realized their behind Android and Apple.

I've been reluctant to give up RIM's excellent tech support, keyboard, strenght in e-mail and messaging with great call quality.

Thanks!
    I didn't think 9930 was a 4G device.
    06-20-11 02:15 PM
    Just to clarify, the Bold Touch 9930 that is expected to be released on Verizon is not a 4G (LTE) capable phone. That being said, I expect the 9930 to perform features 1-4 very well. As for 3rd party apps, only time will tell how fast developers update them to OS7.
    06-20-11 02:21 PM
    Why would anyone buy this magic superpowered BB phone over anyother BB's is just beyond me......Apple uses "i" and RIM uses "new" put them in front of any numbers and letters and the masses will follow. The only difference is that RIM even when uses the word "new" is technically one year or more behind everyone else.
    06-20-11 02:33 PM
    I doubt 9930 will be competitive with anything Android based.
    06-20-11 02:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD