single speaker only...

not as powerful as 9000
    05-04-11 09:57 AM
    the bold 9000 speakers were great and good for maybe showing your friends a song every once in a while. but anyone who uses their phone as a primary music device should maybe invest in some headphones. just a suggestion.
    05-04-11 10:53 AM
    Calls on external speaker, any type of media or App, movie clips. Lots of uses for an external speaker other than music.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-04-11 01:15 PM
    Considering how much they did successfully pack into this device, hardware-wise, I wouldn't be too surprised or disappointed that a speaker got put on the chopping block. All I need the speaker to do is be a good speakerphone, so it's not a big deal for me. Hopefully that single speaker still does this well, as this is pretty vital for me.
    05-04-11 01:38 PM
    Calls on external speaker, any type of media or App, movie clips. Lots of uses for an external speaker other than music.

Speakerphone calls have been fine on all my one-speakered phones.

As i said, for other media, buy some headphones.
    05-04-11 02:11 PM
    Considering how much they did successfully pack into this device, hardware-wise, I wouldn't be too surprised or disappointed that a speaker got put on the chopping block. All I need the speaker to do is be a good speakerphone, so it's not a big deal for me. Hopefully that single speaker still does this well, as this is pretty vital for me.
    Bla1ze said in the live chat during the keynote session yesterday that even though its a single speaker, its pretty loud.
    05-04-11 02:11 PM
    Bla1ze said in the live chat during the keynote session yesterday that even though its a single speaker, its pretty loud.
    Well, I'm just as concerned about clarity though. Loud does no good on a conference call if everything is distorted.
    05-04-11 02:15 PM
    Speakerphone calls have been fine on all my one-speakered phones.

As i said, for other media, buy some headphones.
    This is a mobile device. We don't want to carry extra batteries, chargers, headphones or fiddle with BT pairing. A traditional BlackBerry like the Bold gives us this freedom.

05-04-11 02:21 PM
    I have headphones.....several pairs of headphones. Just about any possible way that you can listen to music...I have it. But I STILL enjoyed listening to music on my 9000. I just can't understand why they skimped on this. But I won't pass judgment untill I hear it.
    If you haven't taken a crap while listening to Gov't Mule while playing Nintaii------well you just haven't been living.
    05-04-11 03:14 PM
    Well, I'm just as concerned about clarity though. Loud does no good on a conference call if everything is distorted.
    I should correct myself, it was in one of the CB videos they noted the speaker was loud. It was in the chat where bla1ze said it sounded good.
    9:41

Comment From Phil
    The only thing missing from the 9900 is the 9000 speakers! 9:41

Bla1ze:
    Agreed Phil, but it does sound nice.

9:42

Bla1ze:
    Yes.. edyts. It only has one speaker.. the Bold 9000 had two.

Bla1ze:
    It was one of the top questions asked.

Comment From jlb21
    I think one speaker is fine. Not like you rest the Berry on your shoulder like a boombox anyway

Bla1ze:
    No, it sounds REALLY good anyway.
    05-04-11 03:54 PM
    Well, i like this blackberry more and more on each day that i read something about it... less "kids" technology - more room for the classic Blackberry use..

a speaker, really people... it is good for using it to talk with people, and 1 speaker can do the job just fine.

listen to music? well i use my blackberry sometimes with headphones and it's really nice, on the other way, i don't really think that people should listen to music with their phone using speakers.. music sounds good with normal 4h speakers, you can even plug it to your blackberry... and while on public places, some people just don't want to listen to your music.

this device seems to be a good phone and not a toy.
    05-04-11 09:23 PM
    Obviously not a music lover............
    05-10-11 09:51 AM
    I always listen to music on my Curve 8330, the external speakers sound like a decent small radio, but with the headphones on, it's great...I never listened to a Bold 9000's speakers, so i can't have an opinion on that, but hearing the youtube vids demo'ing the Bold 9900 it sounds good...but again, when i get my Bold 9930, i'm using headphones 99% of the time on it, so i'm sure it will be fantastic.
    05-10-11 09:57 AM
    I hate the Torch speakers. Both the spearker phone (kinda soft) and ear piece for phone call (just the worst) are killing me. I cant use the ear piece for the phone with any kind of noise in a room. To use the speaker phone it has to be fairly quiet. The 9000 rocked and maybe was a little too much. The 9700 was ok. The Torch just is bad. I hope RIM addresses this. I have thought maybe it had to do with the sliding screen design but am worried about the 9900 as it is so thin and hope they did not use the parts from the Torch
    05-10-11 08:40 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD