I was in Future Shop today (Scott Rd, Surrey BC) I asked a mobile phone salesman about the Bold Touch coming to Future Shop. He said to me "it will be here mid-July, I have already been through the training and I know it will be in store July 20th for sure" (I assume he meant this year ) Then he said, "we'll have it out for you by the end of July." He seemed very excited about it too and said he'd be getting the 9900 asap. I couldn't wait to get home and let you all know what I learned. So how about that?
    06-21-11 09:28 PM
    I'll take it with a pinch of salt, but would be great of we may see some availability as soon as that.
    06-21-11 09:31 PM
    Great news!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-21-11 09:42 PM
    can anyone else confirm this that is near a future shop? I cant take using my tour anyone, its killing me.
    06-21-11 09:46 PM
    There are other people on Crackberry who know where this is (which is why I posted street & city), I don't know about them but I'll be hanging around Future Shop July 20th to see if he was serious but I don't think he's like that. Boy I hope not anyway, it's where I've bought both my Blackberries and they've never caused me any headaches with service. I guess I'll see soon enough.
    06-21-11 09:48 PM
    Go back like in 2 weeks and ask another mobile representative. We'll see if they were lying to yeah
    06-21-11 09:59 PM
    Recording or it didn't happen. LOL sorry just spoofing the pics or it didn't happen that goes around here. I wouldn't put too much faith in a store rep. But it would be nice if he were right.
    ridesno159 and mssca like this.
    06-21-11 09:59 PM
    I was told by a Best Buy rep last year that the 9570 is definitely coming in Nov 2010. I asked him if he was sure because of all the rumors I heard of it being axed. He assured me it was coming, and even had another store rep back him up. They both said it was already in their system, so it will be here.

We all know what happened with that...

Moral of the story, don't believe everything you hear, especially if it's from someone who loves to talk and BS about cell phones.
    06-21-11 10:20 PM
    I was in Future Shop today (Scott Rd, Surrey BC) I asked a mobile phone salesman about the Bold Touch coming to Future Shop. He said to me "it will be here mid-July, I have already been through the training and I know it will be in store July 20th for sure" (I assume he meant this year ) Then he said, "we'll have it out for you by the end of July." He seemed very excited about it too and said he'd be getting the 9900 asap. I couldn't wait to get home and let you all know what I learned. So how about that?
    What??? I work part time at BestBuy Calgary (Best Buy owns FS), I have NOT received any training yet because the stupid RIM's new training module is locked. According to our RIM rep, it will be END of August targeting what RIM called "back to school" season.

But I hope you are right and I am wrong.
    06-21-11 11:26 PM
    I was in Future Shop today to get my 16 yr old daughter another cover for her Iphone4 (yep she turned on me) anyway while she was looking I was chatting with this salesman, he's not tall, he wears glasses, has a goatee and wears a turban and is a charming person (not like some I've had the bad luck to run into over the years). I have spoken with him many times and honestly I'd be stunned if he were really pulling my leg which is why I happily posted what he told me about the Bold Touch coming out mid-July.
    Why would a person who depends on sales, BS a regular customer ? You all have me questioning my judgment. Although I don't intend on jumping for the 9900 as soon as it comes out (I want to see just how great it is) I sure hope I'm not wrong.
    06-22-11 12:58 AM
    Check out the new Post: Rogers Bold 9900 in Testing; the poster is saying much of the same info as I posted. So it's starting to look like July to me.... with any luck
    06-22-11 03:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD