I know all the hype is around the new Bold, but seeing the Torch pass FCC within a week of the Bold makes me think that there is a possibility of both phones launching the same day.

The 2011 roadmap (CDMA) Exclusive: CDMA BlackBerry Roadmap 2011 - Montana, Monaco, Sedona, Malibu, BlackBerry 6.1 Evolution and more! | CrackBerry.com
    shows both phones lined up with each other. Maybe the delay with announcing the launch date for the Bold is because they also want to launch the Torch at the same time. So it could mean that the Bold is not being held up in carrier testing but rather the Torch.

What do you guys think?

I prefer the Torch but will probably settle for the Bold if it comes out sooner. I just really really really need a new phone already, im close to a year out of contract....
    07-22-11 12:36 PM
    There has been SKU pages from Sprint that show the Bold 9930 and the Torch 9850 set to launch simultaneously on Aug 21.

BlackBerry Torch 9850 coming to Sprint in August | CrackBerry.com

But this isn't the Torch that passed the FCC last week. The Torch 9810 was the one that made it through, I believe. And the Torch 9850 (the one reference on the linked CDMA roadmap is different from the Torch 9810 as it does not have a slide out keyboard).
    ummie4 likes this.
    07-22-11 01:05 PM
    The 9850 is the Torch I want. So this seems like good news. I'll possibly get the BB that I want without having to wait, and being tempted by the Bold.
    07-22-11 02:40 PM
    I'm from Chile and the guy from gsmstore told me he already has the torch 2 in his hands, incredible fast, but I dont know when it will be released here, bold 9900 august 20
    07-22-11 02:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD