What is 'IMHO'? And 'BL Hybrid'? And yeah thats true, ppl that previously had the phone that I know or meet also say something bad bout the device, i'm beginning to think ppl dnt take care of their device which causes em problems

Sent from my BlackBerry Q10
    IMHO = In My Humble Opinion. The BL Hybrid is located in the hybrid forum and I believe gives you the very best 7.1 experience.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by HowardShap; 08-24-13 at 10:56 AM.
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    08-24-13 10:45 AM
    How much better does it perform with the hybrid ?
    Does it improve battery life much ?
    I think with the BL hybrids the phone performs as good as it possibly can, including battery. Very smooth experience but not for everybody. If you've never loaded a stock OS on the phone, then I would definitely wait and get some experience doing that before going to hybrids.

Legal Eagle and goodayeh like this.
    08-24-13 10:55 AM
    IMHO = In My Humble Opinion. The BL Hybrid is located in the hybrid forum and I believe gives you the very best 7.1 experience.

Lool may bad, and cool imma check the hybrid forums out if I get the 9900

08-24-13 01:12 PM
    A lot of 9900s have issues with weak or inconsistent wifi connections, even with making sure the antenna us properly aligned. Do you notice anything like that on your newer 9900, compared to any other wifi devices you have? I will buy a new one if that problem is fixed.
    My wifi is better than my old one, but I also have the newest AT&T software (so no mic issue).
    08-24-13 11:57 PM
    Is the build date as the wording suggests, when the device was actually made??? And if so how do I go about finding out the build date of my 9900 when I get one???

The build date on Blackberrys from AT&T has alway been on the side sticker just above the model number. The one that I got 3 days ago was "140813" (August 14, 2013). The batteries have date codes too.
    08-25-13 12:01 AM
    you can have my bold 9900. the battery dies down within 4 to 5 hours. download a couple of apps and the phone hangs and becomes unresponsive. No wonder the company is up for sale and no one wants to buy even the company.
    08-25-13 04:55 AM
    The build date on Blackberrys from AT&T has alway been on the side sticker just above the model number. The one that I got 3 days ago was "140813" (August 14, 2013). The batteries have date codes too.
    Thanks dude, if I get a bold 9900 imma want one with a build date in 2013 and seeing as imma have to get one of ebay or amazon etc. As no retail shops sell them no more imma definitely be checking and asking the dealers to tell me too.

08-25-13 06:36 AM
    you can have my bold 9900. the battery dies down within 4 to 5 hours. download a couple of apps and the phone hangs and becomes unresponsive. No wonder the company is up for sale and no one wants to buy even the company.
    Wow, sorry to see you're having so much trouble with battery life. Do you use a Battery Booster type of program? Do you disable WI-FI or Bluetooth when you're not using them? Regarding my own 9930, I can sometimes go up to two days without charging it. Granted, I don't text on it very much, watch movies, or surf the internet all the time with it.

How frequently, and in what manners do you use your own device?
    08-25-13 06:36 AM
    Thanks but no thanks, I need to get hold of a brand new bold 9900 made in 2013, hopefully it will come with less problems and plus the phone has to last me 2 years, need a brand new one

08-25-13 08:05 AM
    Have you ever asked for any help with your problem? This isn't a BlackBerry issue it's a case of not doing what is needed to correct it. We can help if you're interested.

andy957 likes this.
    08-25-13 11:39 AM
    Does anyone know why the 9900 is still soo expensive? If not in the states but out here in the UK?

08-25-13 12:23 PM
    Thanks but no thanks, I need to get hold of a brand new bold 9900 made in 2013, hopefully it will come with less problems and plus the phone has to last me 2 years, need a brand new one

Just to confuse you even more, Ice_Cold_Q.............I'm not sure the year it was made has a lot to do with it. I read somewhere in the forum that the BlackBerrys made in Canada were often touted as having less problems with wifi and just all around better build quality. I can't really say that's true since I have only had BB made in Mexico and have never experienced any of the problems people talk about.
    08-25-13 01:28 PM
    There is obviously something wrong with your phone or battery. It does not mean that "most" or "all" 9900 are going to have that problem nor is that the reason the company is up for sale.
    08-25-13 01:31 PM
    Just to confuse you even more, Ice_Cold_Q.............I'm not sure the year it was made has a lot to do with it. I read somewhere in the forum that the BlackBerrys made in Canada were often touted as having less problems with wifi and just all around better build quality. I can't really say that's true since I have only had BB made in Mexico and have never experienced any of the problems people talk about.
    You shouldnt have even put that in my mind, now there's more consierations to take in when gettin my 9900

08-25-13 04:26 PM
    Guys do you recommend me buying a 9900 which has a build date of September 2011, and was made n Hungary? seems abit old right? may cause problems? this is the listing:
    BlackBerry Bold 9900 - 8 GB - Black (Unlocked) Smartphone 5weeks old. vgc. 0843163074712 | eBay

or do you guys recomend getting this one?:
    BlackBerry Bold 9900 - 8 GB - Black (Unlocked) Smartphone NEW 0843163074712 | eBay

or this one?
    Unlocked BlackBerry Bold Touch 9900 WIFI 3G 5MP OS7.0 GPS 8GB 1.2GHz SMARTPHONE 5052320977130 | eBay

which one do you guys think is most trustworthy?
    08-26-13 04:19 AM
    Hi there,

i woud get this one and stay away from HK

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=8ox0x3jn

Bold 9900 made in Hungary are better than the ones built in Mexico. just make sure the phone is a Qwerty keyboard and not German Qwertz, or you will not be happy with keypad.

Thanks
    Last edited by fabio1; 08-26-13 at 09:38 AM.
    Ice_Cold_Q likes this.
    08-26-13 09:26 AM
    does anyone have an opinion on why a seller has a brand new 9900 will stickers attached an all but doesn't supply it with a box? should there be anything to worry about, be suspicious about or take into consideration? like this seller, do you think this is trustworthy?

BlackBerry Bold 9900 8 GB Black (Unlocked) Smartphone New UK BBM Sim Free 0843163074712 | eBay
    08-26-13 11:50 AM
    why don't you ask the seller, could be a replacement for a previous faulty handset. try to get one in a box complete
    Ice_Cold_Q likes this.
    08-26-13 11:43 PM
    Just ordered a bold 9900, cant wait for it to arrive should be here by Monday or earlier
    fabio1 likes this.
    08-28-13 05:49 AM
    Hi! New CB member here.

I've had the Bold 9900 (my first-ever BlackBerry!) since its release in 2011. I've made it my main phone, but I still keep my old Nokia as my secondary phone.

I have a couple of issues with it -- specifically the battery life and the spinning clock that won't go away and eventually freezes the phone -- but I still love it so much. Even 2 years after buying it, I still catch myself admiring the gorgeous thing. I've thought of buying the Q10 to replace it, but I can't bear the thought of leaving my 9900! I'm even considering buying another 9900 as a spare in case my current one gives out for good.
    09-02-13 02:46 AM
    Hi! New CB member here.

I've had the Bold 9900 (my first-ever BlackBerry!) since its release in 2011. I've made it my main phone, but I still keep my old Nokia as my secondary phone.

I have a couple of issues with it -- specifically the battery life and the spinning clock that won't go away and eventually freezes the phone -- but I still love it so much. Even 2 years after buying it, I still catch myself admiring the gorgeous thing. I've thought of buying the Q10 to replace it, but I can't bear the thought of leaving my 9900! I'm even considering buying another 9900 as a spare in case my current one gives out for good.
    Surprised that you are having battery issues and spinning clock as the latest OS's have improved these issues greatly.

If you are on an old OS maybe it's time to upgrade, and also if you have had the phone for 2 years a wipe prior to reinstall would be a good idea as well as a fresh install of your apps.

BlackBerry 302: A complete wipe and clean install of your BlackBerry OS | CrackBerry.com

You might also want to have a look at the BL Ultimate Hybrid OS's, they are a big improvement over stock carrier Os's

http://forums.crackberry.com/hybrid-...evices-736988/
    AthenaSmith likes this.
    09-02-13 08:03 AM
    my bold was supposed to arrive today.....it didnt hopefully it arrives tomorrow!
    09-02-13 01:34 PM
    Surprised that you are having battery issues and spinning clock as the latest OS's have improved these issues greatly.

If you are on an old OS maybe it's time to upgrade, and also if you have had the phone for 2 years a wipe prior to reinstall would be a good idea as well as a fresh install of your apps.

BlackBerry 302: A complete wipe and clean install of your BlackBerry OS | CrackBerry.com

You might also want to have a look at the BL Ultimate Hybrid OS's, they are a big improvement over stock carrier Os's

http://forums.crackberry.com/hybrid-...evices-736988/
    Thanks for the tip! Yes, actually I haven't updated my OS since I purchased the phone. I wasn't even aware that such an update is currently available (sorry, this is my first BlackBerry phone). Now to browse around for tutorials on how to update my OS.
    09-03-13 01:08 AM
    Thanks for the tip! Yes, actually I haven't updated my OS since I purchased the phone. I wasn't even aware that such an update is currently available (sorry, this is my first BlackBerry phone). Now to browse around for tutorials on how to update my OS.
    ELITE1's OS UPGRADE GUIDE
    (updated 2012-09-01)

1.(Optional) Uninstall any previous OS from PC.
    2.Download OS to PC. Use Internet Explorer, not Firefox or Chrome. (For leaked versions, browser is irrelevant.)
    *If 100% certain you previously used FF or Chrome on same PC to DL an OS successfully, feel free to use FF or Chrome again.
    3.Following successful DL, run OS file to install OS on PC.
    4.On BB, go to BBM Options, scroll down to Backup section. Ensure Remote Backup is enabled AND also conduct a Local Backup to media card.
    5.Go through any 3rd party apps with option to save settings to media card. Conduct Backup to media card within each of these apps. (Examples: Bellshare apps like BerryBuzz & BerryWeather; QuickLaunch; Shao's apps like Wallpaper Changer & SixTools; etc).
    6.Connect BB to PC. Open DM and backup device. Close DM.
    7.(Optional) Use desktop app like BBSAK or BBMCP to backup 3rd party apps.
    8.On PC, delete Vendor file located here:
    64-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
    32-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
    9.(Optional/Recommended) Run BBH Tool (formerly Shrink-A-OS) or BB Boss v2.2 (not as updated as BBHT).
    10.In same AppLoader file where you deleted Vendor, double-click Loader to load OS to BB. Follow onscreen instructions.
    11.After loading OS, perform several physical battery pulls over first 1-2 days for OS to "settle in." Perform first batt pull very soon after OS is loaded.

**TROUBLESHOOTING**
    How to Fix OS not Appearing as Available
    There are 2 common reasons:

A. HIDDEN VENDOR FILE
    Consider trying this new desktop app to remove Vendor from several common locations:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-files-709738/

If manually deleting Vendor, always hold down SHIFT and press DELETE to permanently delete.
    Check here first:
    64-bit: Computer\C:\Users\{USER NAME}\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML
    32-bit: Computer\C:\Documents and Settings\{USER NAME}\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML
    If Loader still doesn't make new OS available, search PC for "Vendor".

If Vendor is not found anywhere, see below to delete contents of AppLoader folder. (Folder where you found Loader & Vendor.)

B. APPLOADER FOLDER ITEMS
    1.Uninstall the OS: Control Panel\Programs and Features, highlight this BlackBerry Device Software, click Uninstall at top.
    2.Delete AppLoader folder contents: Highlight any item, CTRL+A to select all, SHIFT+DELETE to permanently delete.
    64-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
    32-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
    3.Restart PC.
    4.Re-install OS on PC: Go to your browser's downloads section, double-click OS to start InstallShield Wizard.
    5.Delete Vendor: Return to AppLoader folder, highlight Vendor, SHIFT+DELETE.
    6.Load OS to BB: Attach BB to PC, double-click Loader (in AppLoader folder, where you deleted Vendor).
    LuisCast likes this.
    09-03-13 02:13 AM
99 ... 234