I tried both the Q10 and the Z10. Took both of them back. I wish BB had taken the Bold and KEPT THE CONTROL KEYS, UPGRADED THE CAMERA, AND MADE IT 4G - and then left it alone. Why is BB trying to make toys now?

BTW - I went out and got the S4 and didn't like it either - too large and not "business enough". On vacation I spent time with my daughter's iPhone 5 which is probably (hate to say) the next best thing to the Bold.

My Bold has a cracked screen so I am thinking about buying a new Bold online.
    08-15-13 12:28 PM
    you must not like change huh? I owned a bold for 2 yrs and yes it is a great great phone but I luv my Z10 there is no phone that I think comes close to it. but that's just my opinion and you're entitled to yours as well.

Posted via CB10 on my Pimpberry Z10/OS 10.2.0.1047
    08-15-13 12:42 PM
    I tried both the Q10 and the Z10. Took both of them back. I wish BB had taken the Bold and KEPT THE CONTROL KEYS, UPGRADED THE CAMERA, AND MADE IT 4G - and then left it alone. Why is BB trying to make toys now?

BTW - I went out and got the S4 and didn't like it either - too large and not "business enough". On vacation I spent time with my daughter's iPhone 5 which is probably (hate to say) the next best thing to the Bold.

Hi and welcome to crackberry! I owned several bolds and I loved them a lot. If you ever get the itch to change and try something else....let us know. We will be glad to help you in case you have questions. The z and q kick azz but if you aren't happy then there is no reason to switch.
    08-15-13 12:45 PM
    OK - maybe I missed something and I hope I did - I will go back and get one. Specifically what improvements to you see over the Bold?

I did not see a way to create different icons for different email accounts, different ring tones for different email accounts and text, etc. and no notification lights. I guess I also prefer the touch pad to swiping mainly because there seemed to be a very narrow area at the bottom of the screen to swipe - and I had to do it repeatedly.

Please convince me
    MetalxAssassinx likes this.
    08-15-13 01:15 PM
    Why the Z10 over the Q10?
    08-15-13 01:18 PM
    You will find pros and cons to doing the switch. I will really depend on you and your daily use. I love my Z hands down but it wasn't an upgrade to my bold. It was just an awesome phone from the company who gets what I want.

Posted via CB10
    08-15-13 01:18 PM
    I loved the 9900 too. Almost never bought the Z10, but BB10 is so much better operating system.

Posted via CB10
    08-15-13 01:23 PM
    OK - I can glance at my sleeping Bold and if the notification light is flashing I missed something. I can set different notification tones for my different email accounts and text etc., and if the notification light is flashing I press a button and easily see what came in with the little star sitting on the icon. Then scroll using the touch pad to the icon and press and it opens. This can all be done with one hand.

So what does BB!0 do that is better than this?
    LudwigvonKast and BullGuard8 like this.
    08-15-13 01:30 PM
    Lot's of people like the trackpad ( me included )
    One of the things I would miss if switching to Q.

If I would have to switch to BB10 , I would try the new full touch screen.
    08-15-13 09:29 PM
    I totally agree with you, Lee. BB10 offers me absolutely nothing as far as "better" or "more" than what my 9930 offers. It all depends on what you do with your phone but for me, there is so much missing from BB10 that made BB stand apart from the other devices and OS out there. There is so much they could have done to the Bold to make current Bold users upgrade without destroying the whole BB experience. Bigger screen, better camera, 4g, bigger battery and many small details yet Bold and OS7 is still the best. And you are right....... iPhone is pretty much the next best thing....... a simple and productive system that also works without the childish glitz and bright lights.
    08-15-13 10:54 PM
    Actually I think the BB10 went backwards. If it did everything my Bold does I would buy one in a heart beat. I really don't care about all the apps stuff - I want a tool not a toy.
    08-16-13 09:28 AM
    I agree with the OP. I have loved every day of the last 3 years with my 9930. I bought the Z10 and the Q10 to give them each a try, and i will only be keeping the Z10, if that. As far as the Q10 goes, the keyboard is great and the speaker quality is unreal. However, i miss the trackpad, physical buttons (home, back, menu, end), convenience key, speaker location, etc. As far as the Z10 goes, i like it alot. It is not all typical blackberry, but i think BB10 works best with a full touch screen, especially for the Hub, which is hands down the best message/notification system ive seen yet. The camera is pretty nice with a good phoo editor. I guess the bottom line is, my work horse is still my 9930, but the Z10 will sit right beside it every night. I like toggling between the two. Having Wifi allows me to still use both at the same time. Anyway, i agree with the OP...they shouldve given the 9900/9930 a bigger screen, better camera, bb10 os and kept everything else exactly the same. I just bought another 9930 brand new sealed online for dirt cheap and it will stay in the box til i need it one day, God forbid something happen to my current 9930. I forgot to mention i have owned multiple iphones(one provided to me by my employer) and a galaxy s3, and they didnt hold my interest long. I just love blackberry. I welcome the Z10 to the family, but the Bold 9930 is still my favorite phone by far.
    08-16-13 09:59 AM
    . I just bought another 9930 brand new sealed online for dirt cheap and it will stay in the box til i need it one day, God forbid something happen to my current 9930..
    I plan on doing exactly the same thing (except a 9900). My carrier reduces the cost of my plan every time I tell them I don't want a free upgrade !!!

Love my Bold just as much after 2 years as my daily driver as I did the day I opened the box.

OS7 has come so far since it was released and IMO the BL Hybrids just add to the user experience.

For me at least, gone are the reboots, spinning clocks, freezes, memory loss etc and even the browser on the Hybrid OS is fast and relatively checkerboard free.

I'm just so comfortable with this phone I can see me happily using it for another 2 years.
    08-16-13 11:02 AM
    I plan on doing exactly the same thing (except a 9900). My carrier reduces the cost of my plan every time I tell them I don't want a free upgrade !!!

Love my Bold just as much after 2 years as my daily driver as I did the day I opened the box.

OS7 has come so far since it was released and IMO the BL Hybrids just add to the user experience.

For me at least, gone are the reboots, spinning clocks, freezes, memory loss etc and even the browser on the Hybrid OS is fast and relatively checkerboard free.

I'm just so comfortable with this phone I can see me happily using it for another 2 years.
    What do you mean by BL Hybrids and Hybrid OS? What are they?
    08-16-13 01:26 PM

Because you and the other 2 djs that want "tools not toys" don't spend enough to keep afloat.
    08-16-13 01:29 PM
    Imagine the Bold 9000 running BB10. What a wonderful device that would be.

Posted via CB10
    08-16-13 01:54 PM
    went from z10 back to bold. I am very happy with my descision. For me the z10 didn't feel right. The pros outweigh the cons currently, although i know that we cannot fight progress forever.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    LudwigvonKast likes this.
    08-16-13 02:03 PM
    I just realised nobody answered your questions yet.

You can setup a specific notification sound for different type of message received, and for different email accounts. That's what I do to know if I should take time to get the phone out of my holster or if it can wait.

Indeed, there is no way to add an icon for each email account, because the Hub is now the place to go for any notifications. See it as a beefed up Messages app on BB7, because it includes all kind of notifications for different apps (emails, SMS, Facebook, Linked In, Whats App, Skype, BBM, app updates, etc.). Though I agree if everything were always mixed up it could be a bit confusing for someone with several very active accounts, you have the possibility to show notifications and messages from a single email account. In 10.2 update, you can even prioritize some accounts so you see them over others. I think it can be confusing, even confronting for some, that we have to shift paradigm from an icon-and-tap-based OS (as with iOS and to a lesser extent Android) to a gesture-based OS, and only time will tell if they were right.

And about the LED, I don't know how you could have missed it, but it is there and still as useful as on BB7.

I had a Bold 9900 before my Z10 and a Storm 9550 before that, and though I agree that the 9900 is the best OS7 phone out there, looks classy, is sturdy and 7.1 runs perfectly on it, there is no way they could have gone forward and compete with other with BB7. I know BB10 is not the success BlackBerry was waiting for, for the decline began two years before that, when BB7 was competing with the firsts iPhones and Androids. True, it is not a dedicated phone for work anymore, but that was exactly the problem they wanted to solve. People want an apps, multimedia, social-sharing and internet-browsing experience. You couldn't not have this with a 12 years-old Java-based OS without rewriting almost all of it. For the rest (companies), it is still a powerful and secure communication tool (and arguably a better), added to a BES10 server it's perfect. Several big companies switch for BB10 for a reason, and those who go for other platforms don't need as much security for their mobile.

And for me, I love my Z10. It is different from BB7 but just enough; it is still a BlackBerry for me. My girlfriend has the Q10 and she loves it for the keyboard. I sometimes borrow it just to feel these keys under my thumbs again for a day, but in the end I prefer the big screen. A slider/hybrid would rock!
    Attached Thumbnails This Bold is still the best ! (For me)-img_00000659.jpg   This Bold is still the best ! (For me)-img_00000660.jpg   This Bold is still the best ! (For me)-img_00000661.jpg   This Bold is still the best ! (For me)-img_00000662.jpg  
    08-16-13 02:30 PM
    Have the Z10 since it first came out on TMo, but just purchased a 9900... Literally, I just purchased a 9900 2 minutes ago. The Z10 and BB10 are and will be fantastic, but at this moment they are not suitable for me. In time I will return though.
    08-16-13 04:42 PM
    The Bold should have gotten the BB10 treatment not the 9720 in my opinion. I wonder what the logic behind that strange decision was.
    08-16-13 06:38 PM
    The Bold should have gotten the BB10 treatment not the 9720 in my opinion. I wonder what the logic behind that strange decision was.
    9720 new device on OS 7 , not BB10.
    08-16-13 06:49 PM
    Only thing 9720 got is a slightly bigger battery, the 9900 still tops it.

Posted via CB10
    08-16-13 07:16 PM
    This is the attitude that will ultimately be BlackBerry's demise.

Change is necessary. They have to keep up with the times or get left behind.

9700 > 9900 > Z10
    mujahid 10 likes this.
    08-18-13 01:32 AM
    Love these physical keys.. I will buy the Q10 one day, I think.

But I have the idea that in fact bb10 works better on an all-touch device.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    08-18-13 03:05 AM
    I totally agree with you, Lee. BB10 offers me absolutely nothing as far as "better" or "more" than what my 9930 offers. It all depends on what you do with your phone but for me, there is so much missing from BB10 that made BB stand apart from the other devices and OS out there. There is so much they could have done to the Bold to make current Bold users upgrade without destroying the whole BB experience. Bigger screen, better camera, 4g, bigger battery and many small details yet Bold and OS7 is still the best. And you are right....... iPhone is pretty much the next best thing....... a simple and productive system that also works without the childish glitz and bright lights.
    Yep, would've loved to have a bigger screen! That way I can see my loading hourglass in 1080p.

That little bugger never minded showing up 2-5 times a day. I can't believe you guys never had that problem. Constant closing of apps and more, it had more maintainence then a crying baby. The 9900 is a great phone, but Jesus the OS was running on a downhill backend; Mobile Java!

douevenCB10?
    08-18-13 04:20 AM
99 123 ...