March 24th my second child was born and I was kind of bored at the hospital for 3 days so I drew a little. One of my drawings was what I would have liked this bold to be like. Note that I'm no artist nor do I know how to sketch but you get the idea...picture attached
    I was reading another thread that I responded to with my scketch and decided to give this topic its on thread
    So, anyone else hoped for bold with a larger, potrait screen? kind of like an open torch but shorter and better weight balanced. It would sacrify some keyboard real state compared to the 9000 and 9900 but would eliminate the anoyances of a raised bessell like the torch while maintaining a decend screen size
    And before somebody says so, I do realize my drawing is ugly, that is not the point. I love the styling of this new bold
    05-07-11 10:54 PM
    You're drawing reminds me of one device, Droid Pro.

05-07-11 11:04 PM
    You're drawing reminds me of one device, Droid Pro.

Well, the droid pro is not very ergonomic. The curved keyboard of blackberry makes a huge diference for me. Also the pro has wasted bessel space around the screen. But definitely around that size, closer to 5 inches in high so they could squeeze a decend screen in it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-07-11 11:47 PM
    So, anyone else hoped for bold with a larger, potrait screen? kind of like an open torch but shorter and better weight balanced. It would sacrify some keyboard real state compared to the 9000 and 9900 but would eliminate the anoyances of a raised bessell like the torch while maintaining a decend screen size
    I am not sure why you would think that design would be better balanced than an open torch, such a design would be top heavy and tend to force you to move your hands away from the keyboard to try and find a more balanced position to hold it.

While it isn't perfect, the torch is probably the best sort of shape to get a taller screen while still being fairly well balanced for how you would hold it to type.

If you get a chance, try holding one of those droid pro devices and you'll see that they just aren't very comfortable to type on even before you consider the quality of the actual keyboard.
    05-08-11 06:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD