Hello Bold world. I currently own the storm 2 and is looking forward to the 9900. Is the vibration strong or at least stronger than the S2? And how would you guys rate the phone overall?
    12-19-11 07:41 PM
    Never had the storm 2 but I never feel my phone vibrate in my right jean pocket. I do not wear overly baggy pants either.
    12-19-11 07:58 PM
    I use an otterbox commuter case, and the vibrate is still sufficiently strong to alert me to incoming calls and messages.

I rate the overall device a 9/10. The only reason I don't give it a perfect 10/10, is because the device was rushed to market to beat the iPhone 4s release. The original firmware was not up to par imo. They should have waited to release the device until the bugs had been worked out of the software more. Then we wouldn't have a trillion threads with people complaining about battery life and dropped calls.

That said...With os .540 installed. This is easily the best blackberry ever made, battery life is no longer an issue. Neither is dropped calls. It is perfect imo. And possibly the best overall smartphone available on the market today.
    12-19-11 08:07 PM
    Loving my Bold, but I came from a dinosaur 8330. I did have one brick after 4 months but thanks to insurance received a better certified refurb next day no charge. The only thing you may miss is the screen size, but the resolution and clarity are well worth the trade off. Then there is the awesome keyboard! Go to your local carriers store and experience one for a while. They will either sell you one or kick you out for hanging out too long! Haha good luck with your choice.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-19-11 08:27 PM
    I came from an S2. You will not miss the screen size because the resolution on the bold screen is higher than the S2 screen. Plus you don't loose screen real estate when typing. The device is worlds apart as far as responsiveness goes. Navigating web pages with the touch/trackpad combo is great. You'll enjoy the upgrade, go fot it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    12-19-11 08:56 PM
    Best phone ever, 10/10
    12-19-11 09:02 PM
    It's a bold device
    12-19-11 11:37 PM
    I'm really happy to hear. Thanks guys
    12-19-11 11:46 PM
    I keep mine in the leather sleeve and have no problems feeling it when it's in my jeans. Over all I think the phone is awesome. I do dislike a great deal the amount of time it takes to boot, that being said I have had no battery pulls since I got the phone a few months ago.
    12-19-11 11:55 PM
    Hello Bold world. I currently own the storm 2 and is looking forward to the 9900. Is the vibration strong or at least stronger than the S2? And how would you guys rate the phone overall?
    Storm2 could barely be felt if I went caseless or used my Barely-There while keeping it in my pocket with the screen towards my leg, and standing still. I kept it in a holster anyway for easy access at work.

Bold 9930 - not one missed alert while on vibrate in an OtterBox Defender in a holster. And the phone is just what I want out of a mobile device. Coming from a Storm 2 the performance differences are quite stark. My only real complaint is the lack of auto-focus in the camera; however it's not a deal-breaker in the slightest. If you enjoy your S2 then I think you'll be very satisfied with a 9900.
    12-20-11 12:23 AM
    The Bold is significantly better than the S2. You will not be disappointed.

Software, screen, and overall feel is amazing.
    12-20-11 10:14 AM
    My bold opinion is very bold for that matter. I am satisfied and the 9900 is what I wanted out of a smartphone. E-mail, messaging, usability, speed and smoothness including ease of use including a great keyboard.

Sent from my Crackberry @ wapforums.crackberry.com using Tapatalk
    12-20-11 11:09 AM
    Everything on Bold 99xx is better than Storm2.
    12-20-11 11:18 AM
    I've got a 9930 and I came from the Trusty Tour. And it's been a blast for me personally, particularly running the 7.1 software.
    12-20-11 12:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD