01-18-12 09:20 AM
61 123
tools
    You want media and apps or productivity and messaging?
    Depends on your priorities.
    01-16-12 11:11 AM
    Sounds like you should just flip a coin and go with the result lol
    01-16-12 11:14 AM
    How about... BB & Playbook? =D
    01-16-12 12:24 PM
    Well thanks for all the reponses everyone. I'm currently at the ATT store typing on one. Ill probably think about getting one in a week or two and then ill decide once and for all if I want to stick with Apple go to RIM. Please keep telling me your all's opinions about everything theyre great!
    01-16-12 01:55 PM
    I'd get the bold over iPhone 4 but I'd take the 4s over the bold
    01-16-12 01:58 PM
    i wouldnt recommend blackberry 99xx, there are many other OS7 device, better go with one of it. as for iDevice, its a personal taste... maybe buy a lower end BB + iP4s?
    01-16-12 05:08 PM
    BOTH! If you can't pick, don't. When you miss one, go back to it. No reason to keep selling or buying the same two phones you like.
    01-16-12 07:27 PM
    I had a similar dilemma so went for both in the end
    01-16-12 07:34 PM
    I had a similar dilemma so went for both in the end
    What do you use more?
    01-16-12 08:51 PM
    I went from iPhone 3G to BB 9700 to Bold 9700 to Torch 9800 to iPhone 4.

Somehow BB and I are just not meant for each other. Too many hardware problems and non-existent support. People tout BlackBerry's legendary reliability but for me it's they're the least reliable phones I've ever owned.

I love how I can book an appointment, pop into an Apple store and have my device replaced/repaired in 15 minutes.

As for the keyboard, I can type much faster on my iPhone. Nothing beats the feel of a hard keyboard of course. And if you like to touch type or type with one finger, BB is for you.

The only thing I am missing is BBM. RIM still reigns supreme on this feature.
    01-16-12 08:59 PM
    I am doing the the iPod Touch + BB9930 Combo. Personally it's the best combo. I never liked the iPhone because it was all my iPod touch was, just with phone capabilities (which kinda sucked for me sorry.) But, if you are in the dilemma, then yeah Go for broke! Buy Both!!! But really, it comes down to what you want to do with your phone. I only use my phone for messaging, e-mail, phone, and the occasional web browsing and picture taking. I use my iPod touch to listen to music, play games, and fun photo taking (like instagram). I just hate not having all those things separate from each other, and that's why i took the combo. However, i do know a lot of people in love with their iPhone.... I just never was.
    01-16-12 09:09 PM
    It seems that you want both, eh? Unfortunately, you didn't point out just what features you like and dislike on both devices. Well, you could get a BlackBerry and an iPod/iPad. IMHO, there's no need to have 2 phones (BB and iPhone).
    01-16-12 09:22 PM
    What do you use more?
    Tbh the iPhone for games and the bb more as a phone lol
    01-17-12 04:39 AM
    I had both at the same time and then decided to sell my iphone and I don't regret selling it!
    01-17-12 04:55 AM
    Both devices are nice but if messaging and communication is your primary need get the bb. Personally, my day would be a lot less productive if I were to have an iPhone vs my bold 9930. Email, text and phone calls are my primary needs and you can't beat a bb for that. So it definitely comes down to a needs analysis on your part.
    01-17-12 06:41 AM
    BB all the way!!
    01-17-12 06:46 AM
    i have bb 9900 and ipad 2.
    you can buy ipad 2 instead of iphone4.
    01-17-12 06:56 AM
    Both devices are nice but if messaging and communication is your primary need get the bb. Personally, my day would be a lot less productive if I were to have an iPhone vs my bold 9930. Email, text and phone calls are my primary needs and you can't beat a bb for that. So it definitely comes down to a needs analysis on your part.
    What does that even mean? iPhone can do that....android can do that.....windows can do that....what's your point?

The ONLY thing op needs to focus on or any potential buyer for that matter is to determine if they want a physical keyboard vs a virtual one. Everything else is irrelevant.

OP, I switched to the 9900 a couple of days ago from a 4S to check out the buzz of the new bold. Design is great...but it stops there for me. I logged back in to my BBM account and out of 15 contacts I had on the bb, 1 person remains on that list which is my uncle lol. Needless to say, went back to the 4S with a quickness

IMO, the iPhone is a monster for a gaming device, a communication device, an email device ect.

My vote? iPhone 4/4S all day
    01-17-12 07:06 AM
    I feel your pain... I went throught the same struggle and ultimately went to the BlackBerry Bold 9900.

Love the BlackBerry, love bridging to my new PlayBook, love not having to pay for a huge data plan, love BBM.

I have no regrets... All smartphones have their attractions and good points....If you want apps and more apps, then you know where to go, but the BlackBerry 9900 is one sweet smartphone. I got it on a shorter contract as the third year generally drives me crazy.... and I will be ready for the new line quicker this way...

Good luck on your quest.
    01-17-12 09:12 AM
    01-17-12 09:39 AM
    I think Apple does not offer multiple email signatures, so it is not even an option for me.I have 9 email addresses with different signatures.
    01-17-12 09:40 AM
    I got the 9900 and the ipod touch !! best of both worlds, the reliability of a BB + Iphone apps = happy camper
    Don't even get me started on the mobile hotspot feature
    01-17-12 11:08 AM
    you are posting on a blackberry supported website.....therefore you should choose the bold.....the iphone is nothing but a overrated piece of s***......but it's a good phone too, i would choose the bold tho, good email, good texting, and everything else
    01-17-12 11:14 AM
    If you travel often and need to switch SIM cards to save on Data charges then I would get the iPhone 4S. If you are local and don't do much traveling,just do basic texting,phone calls and emails then either one is fine. Email on the iPhone I find better as I get all the large picture attachments where this is not the case with my BB.
    01-17-12 11:20 AM
    you are posting on a blackberry supported website.....therefore you should choose the bold.....the iphone is nothing but a overrated piece of s***......but it's a good phone too, i would choose the bold tho, good email, good texting, and everything else
    nice analogy, following your concept, even a sh** is more expensive than 99xx and have less problem. bravo.

so OP, i think there's a clear choice here...
    01-17-12 12:48 PM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD