Guys, I'm going absolutely insane. I know that iPhones and BlackBerrys are only phones but they essentially have everything in them. Here's my background with all of my phones:

I got an iPhone back when they first came out in 2007 (my Freshmen of HS) and liked it for the most part. I slowly started wanting to have a keyboard on my phone so, I bought a BlackBerry 8800 off of eBay and completely fell in love. I only used it for texts and calls too. By the time the iPhone 4 was coming out, the trackball on my 8800 was starting to wear down and was almost useless and hard to navigate. So, I waited in line and got the iPhone 4 in the summer of 2010.

I had absolutely no problems with my iPhone until this past summer when the Bold 9900 started surfacing. I waited and waited for the Bold to come out like everyone else on AT&T and finally got it in November. After using it for about 2 or 3 weeks, I started missing my iPhone and finally took the Bold back around Thanksgiving. I started to really regret taking it back around Christmas time and got a really great used Bold 9700 off of Craig's List for a great price. Then, I started to miss my iPhone again and finally switched back. (See how I am going crazy?)

So, now I am really missing the 9900 and am considering going back and getting it, but I don't want to miss my iPhone and keep the BlackBerry for good. I'm basically asking you guys, is it worth getting the BB again? Or should I just stick with the iPhone I have now? And do you think it's possible for me to wing myself off of the iPhone for good? Also, any advice from people who went through the same thing as me? All my friends say I'm more of a BB guy instead of iPhone... Help me!

P.S. Thanks for reading all of my ramblings and antics everyone.
    01-15-12 10:55 PM
    You are asking us questions that only you can answer grasshopper.
    GingerSnapsBack likes this.
    01-15-12 10:56 PM
    9900 is better because of its form factor which is like 9000.
    So you can try buying used 9000 and keep few trackballs extra.

This will serve your purpose.
    Or you try bb+iPod combo.
    See what suits you.
    royeight likes this.
    01-15-12 11:01 PM
    from what I gathered...i think Android is the way to go
    01-15-12 11:06 PM
    Well it sounds like you have lots of experience with both, so there really isn't anything we should be able to say to influence you. But knowing this is a BlackBerry centric forum, I think you know that many of the opinions you are going to get will be biased.

Why not get both and switch your SIM around as you get an itch?
    Last edited by seaners; 01-15-12 at 11:09 PM.
    01-15-12 11:06 PM
    On a serious note...Sounds like it's something ur going to have to decide. Weigh ur pros and cons of each phone.
    01-15-12 11:07 PM
    Answer is simple dump both phones and try something new.
    Bb and iOS is older. Try new platform with keyboard and touchscreen.
    Razr droid, go to some store and try it there.
    01-15-12 11:12 PM
    I know that the decision is ultimately up to me, I was just hoping that I would have some people here had some insight on it and opinions. Like seaners said, this is a very biased forum haha. Thanks for the fast responses to guys and I might go back to my BB+iPod ways like infinus suggested haha.

Also, I appreciate the suggestions to Android but I am not an Android fan at all. Never really grew to like it
    01-15-12 11:15 PM
    First things first, I love Blackberries and I am an Apple fan. I've said this before in another thread: the Bold 9900 is almost the perfect phone for me.
    My main problem is the crappy browser; yes, it has improved drastically since the old OS but it's still lacking far behind. Example: it won't play all the videos on the main crackberry page, it won't play videos from IGN.com, liveleak.com, NYmets.com and plenty more. Pages with java script will make the browser crawl and checkerboard like no tomorrow.

If your like me and do a lot of browsing on your phone then the iPhone 4(s) is the better choice. Mobile Safari in the 4S is a beast; it renders pages quickly, accurately and plays videos without problem (unless only flash version is available).

Another annoyance, which should be addressed with the new BES, is the truncated emails. My gf email me 5 photos from her iPhone and all I got was a truncated blank email. She then forwarded the email to my iPhone 4S and it was not an issue.

I sincerely wish the Bold 9900 had the browser from the iPhone. It would be the PERFECT device. The keyboard is great on the Bold but I just typed this response on the iPhone without any issues and just as fast.

So, iPhone 4S if you browse a lot, Bold 9900 if you like the form factor, keyboard, and the great U.I.
    01-15-12 11:50 PM
    all i can say is i have had blackberries for many years, switched to iphone4, then went running to 9900. i love my 9900 and dont know how i ever left!
    01-16-12 12:00 AM
    I love the keyboard on the 9930 and that's #1 concern for me. I love the camera on the iPhone 4S and things like find my iPhone app. But I absolutely hate that to get the "good" apps, you have to jailbreak the iPhone. I also hate that you can't remove battery. I have both of these phones now so I deal with the comparisons probably 20 times per day.

To be honest, its like apples and blackberries. They both do what they're intended to do really well.
    01-16-12 12:08 AM
    hard to pick which one. however, if it comes down to reliability and user experience then iphone 4 any day.
    01-16-12 04:04 AM
    From your post,I think you may need both of them

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    01-16-12 04:18 AM
    ASking this question in a BlackBerry Forum, hmmm i wonder what the response would be.
    Neway.. i love my brand new 9930. As a smartphone id defintly pick a BB over any other device.. always have an ipod touch though for all that other fun stuff
    BillyChocobo likes this.
    01-16-12 06:07 AM
    Get a BlackBerry phone and an iPod Touch. Best of both.
    jon4400 likes this.
    01-16-12 07:56 AM
    Try a Motorola StarTac, I hear they're pretty sweet.
    01-16-12 08:06 AM
    I've had both on my contract, and after using both I'd pick the 9900, it has a physical keyboard, and generally a nice feel too it. The iPhone is a great phone but I'd the physical feel of what ime doing
    01-16-12 08:17 AM
    Try a Motorola StarTac, I hear they're pretty sweet.
    They are, but my battery wont hold a charge anymore.
    Itstakenovermylife likes this.
    01-16-12 08:19 AM
    Go for apple unless you want to suddenly wake up with a non functional phone
    01-16-12 08:49 AM
    both of good phones. its your choice...
    01-16-12 09:09 AM
    I'm and was in the exact same position..this just proves that no one device is the answer. It truly depends on the user and what they want to do with the device. That said, I carry both around now. I mainly went back and got the 9930 for a couple of reasons:

ringer profiles
    ability to reply to and forward email attachments (particularly after editing them)
    multiple email signatures (need separate ones for work and personal)
    BBM

Other than the above, it really is a user preference. Had my work not been affected by the above, I would have stuck with the iphone since I'm officially in love with the simplicity of the iOS and the way it just works.
    01-16-12 09:21 AM
    if you use a phone for more phone oriented things like calling, texting etc etc then go for 9900. it will give you excellent call quality, signal reception, best keyboard. but if you are one of those who like to play games on there phone though how tiny the screen might feel and are in a constant grind to download useless apps which have no meaningful purpose than iPhone is the thing for you. best would be to have both use 9900 as your main communication device and iPhone for fun time
    Lyls likes this.
    01-16-12 09:41 AM
    ecb, I'm actually going through the same situation as you are right this very moment. I got the iphone way back, I picked up a blackberry randomly off kijiji, fell in love with the 9000 keyboard, went back to iphone for the 3gs, then the 4, switched to 9900 when it came out, 9900 broke after few months, so I went back to the iPhone 4 I had, and now I got a playbook.

The deciding factor for me is that, I've now got a playbook, and having a BB to bridge with and pair with is great.

its hard, iPhone has a GREAT touch screen keyboard, and BB 9900 has the best BB keyboard I've ever used. Me wants a iBerry or Blackphone...
    01-16-12 10:06 AM
    if you use a phone for more phone oriented things like calling, texting etc etc then go for 9900. it will give you excellent call quality, signal reception, best keyboard. but if you are one of those who like to play games on there phone though how tiny the screen might feel and are in a constant grind to download useless apps which have no meaningful purpose than iPhone is the thing for you. best would be to have both use 9900 as your main communication device and iPhone for fun time
    I hate to burst this bubble of yours but this is a thing of the past..I used my iphone for business purposes and it did the job very very well...were it not for the things I listed, I would still be using it. This misconception that the iphone is a toy or media phone is not true. And as for the 'useless apps' that you refer to, there are many that are actually so useful that I find it bizarre that they don't exist for the bb platform. Again, do not base your decision on this myth that the bb is a work phone and the iphone is a play phone. Base it on what you need the device to do and how you will use it.
    GingerSnapsBack likes this.
    01-16-12 10:08 AM
    Go for apple unless you want to suddenly wake up with a non functional phone
    I've heard about that, many times on forums. Does it really happen that often? I'm in the middle of contemplating 9900 / iphone... Any links to cases? I'm really curious to find out more!

There was a bb user that tweeted to @blackberry this morning about it, so it's kind of worrying me...
    01-16-12 10:08 AM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD