Hi guys,

I'm planning to buy an Ion Ring for my 9900, but I can't decide.
    They are all amazing!

What colour do you guys prefer?

Greetz,

Steven Chi
    07-24-12 03:16 PM
    I like the sapphire one, looks very slick. Just can't justify the price, way too expensive for what it is.
    07-24-12 03:44 PM
    Yeah, it's quite expensive, maybe I will go for the Barely there aluminum black.
    Does somenone has that one?
    07-28-12 02:05 AM
    I like the iskin aura on my 9930 - it suits the phone very nicely.
    07-28-12 01:35 PM
    I like the iskin aura on my 9930 - it suits the phone very nicely.
    Same. 99 looks awesome in it. Btw, viber one is really good as well
    07-28-12 05:55 PM
    i have the barely there by case-mate and the iskin aura. Both are awesome!
    07-29-12 11:14 AM
    I have a white Case Mate barely There and I love it!

I've used to have an Otterbox Commuter but it covered the phone too much. The Barely There doesn't protect as much as the Otterbox but it looks soooo much better.
    07-30-12 10:30 AM
    I used to be a case addict till I got my 9900, this thing is to beautiful to cover it up with a case, so I use it naked with the OEM leather pocket pouch and a screen protector...
    07-30-12 11:11 AM
    OEM pouch works for me..
    I also have OEM leather holster and I don't approve of skins or cases. They are waste of money.
    Last edited by infinus; 07-30-12 at 12:20 PM.
    07-30-12 12:17 PM
    I'm using the black Casemate Barely There AND the OEM Pocket pouch! The perfect combo if you ask me!
    07-30-12 12:51 PM
    I'm using the black Casemate Barely There AND the OEM Pocket pouch! The perfect combo if you ask me!
    i tried that combo and I couldn't get my phone out of the holster without a little muscle lol!

I just use the holster now to hold my Zune HD
    07-30-12 01:35 PM
    Hi guys,

I'm planning to buy an Ion Ring for my 9900, but I can't decide.
    They are all amazing!

What colour do you guys prefer?

Greetz,

Steven Chi
    Those look great. I'd go for silver. Like the classic look. I'm currently using the black OEM Pocket case with chrome BB symbol in the front. Enables me to quickly slip the 9900 easily into and out of the case and yet fits snug. I also have a black soft gel OEM, but use it less as it won't permit docking of the desktop charger and is cumbersome to remove all the time.
    Those CaseMate Barely there are $20 at BestBuy and the like. May get one. Why does it have another opening below the flash? I mean it only needs 2 cut out openings at the back and yet it has 3?
    07-30-12 04:12 PM
    Those look great. I'd go for silver. Like the classic look. I'm currently using the black OEM Pocket case with chrome BB symbol in the front. Enables me to quickly slip the 9900 easily into and out of the case and yet fits snug. I also have a black soft gel OEM, but use it less as it won't permit docking of the desktop charger and is cumbersome to remove all the time.
    Those CaseMate Barely there are $20 at BestBuy and the like. May get one. Why does it have another opening below the flash? I mean it only needs 2 cut out openings at the back and yet it has 3?
    I just got the Otterbox Commuter Case last week out of a sale. Just wanted some protection when I go hiking or something, but mostly because it was heavily reduced in price.
    Anyways, back on the package it says this third hole, which I also wondered about, is cut for the camera microphone. So when do any filming, you still have qualtiy audio which isn't covered by your case. If the mic really sits there, because you can't see any holes on the 9900 body, I can't say.

Anyways, I am surprised the Commuter Case actually somewhat improved the typing experience for me. I think the case added quite some bulk and I can now wrap my hands better and more comfy around the device. The only reason why, as of now, I have attached the Otterbox everyday.
    footmatix likes this.
    07-31-12 03:22 AM
    I had an otterbox when I first got my Bold then bought a Ring. Otterbox was too bulky and the ring was as slippery as a wet goldfish. Nothing beats naked unless you really need the protection. The grippy back bezel really does its job. And nothing looks or feels better than stock!
    07-31-12 07:57 AM
    07-31-12 08:12 PM
    the iskin aura is awesome - it has been on my bold for 6 months - a few drops and only a very small scratch on metal back. the case is damn sexy and if one were interested, allows charge dock access.
    08-01-12 12:20 AM
    the iskin aura is awesome - it has been on my bold for 6 months - a few drops and only a very small scratch on metal back. the case is damn sexy and if one were interested, allows charge dock access.
    which charge dock are you using?

I have the OEM desktop pod and it is NOT....
    Last edited by bbmikebb; 08-01-12 at 06:41 AM.
    08-01-12 06:35 AM
    I am going to get the barely there brushed aluminium black, it looks amazing!
    08-01-12 11:46 AM
    Looking at it on my phone I believe the other small hole under the camera flash is for the NFC to work through the case. It just has an opening along the chrome lining above the battery door.
    08-02-12 11:42 PM
    Interesting... I just visited the website and it mentions the iridium coating that doesn't block the radio signal. I had a feeling that my Otterbox Commuter case was somewhat weakening my phone signal, causing the battery to drain more quickly compared to when the phone is naked.

On the other hand, the iridium is only a coating. What's the core made of, and does it not interfere with the signal at all?
    08-03-12 12:14 AM
    The commuter can't diminish your reception, its made of a silicone skin with a plastic shell...

Sent from my BB 9900 using the CB Forums App!
    08-03-12 02:05 AM
    What I noticed, when I first got my hardshell oem, it was purely for protection.
    After a few months, I decided to go naked, but then I missed the feel of the case because it made the phone held better.
    08-03-12 01:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD