There seems to be a Bold 9900 epidemic in Ottawa. They're everywhere and not just in the hands of government workers. A lot of playbooks on the bus, and white Curves as well.

Did anyone else notice this recent trend in their city??
    Last edited by theRock1975; 02-17-12 at 08:49 PM.
    02-17-12 08:30 PM
    Not here..its a iphone epidemic
    02-17-12 08:54 PM
    Androids here.

Just waiting for the tide to go out....
    02-17-12 08:54 PM
    Unfortunately not iphones and rinky dink android ugh I wish I saw somebody with a playbook I would be excited. Ipad 2 and samsung galaxy 10.1's are flooding the streets.
    02-17-12 08:59 PM
    Tons of iPhones. Tons. My boyfriend even just got one. Some iPads, too.

I only know of two people that have a 99xx, and I'm one of them.
    02-17-12 09:15 PM
    I am starting to see more blackberries in the hands of former android and apple users.
    deezy87 likes this.
    02-17-12 09:36 PM
    I've seen a few in the wild; but where I work there are mostly older Curves and a few 9700's, all company-issued I think. I'm a contractor, so I don't know what the company issues for sure, but I do know that it is not BYOD. Among the few who carry second personal devices, I see mostly Android something-or-others and a few iPhones. Doesn't change my Berry-love one bit.
    02-17-12 09:50 PM
    I've seem the same thing ESN said. A lot of my close friends and their friends are returning to or are starting to use blackberry as their device.

Just converted a friend who would give the corpse of Steve Jobs some cunnilingus.
    robtanz likes this.
    02-17-12 10:17 PM
    The real epidemic is over in Middle East, whereever you go, you'll find some guy concentrating on small screen and laughing alone LOL
    02-18-12 12:41 AM
    Can't say the same for Toronto because I have been keeping count.

Maybe in the PATH at rush hour, you see 20-5 BlackBerry to iPhone ratio... at the Eaton Centre at the same time, it's half and half, and an increasing amount of Androids. And around 7-9PM in the Eaton Centre, you're looking at 75% iPhones.

I actually count the phones if I see one in someone's hand in viewing sight. And I don't count phones that I don't recognize.
    02-18-12 01:52 AM
    Just converted a friend who would give the corpse of Steve Jobs some cunnilingus.
    Off topic but I'm sure Jobs was a bloke so fellatio seems more suitable.
    02-18-12 02:29 AM
    I live near a University and I'm definitely starting to see more students with BB's. I started noticing it at the coffee house I get my caffeine fix from. Used to be nothing but I phones and all of a sudden at the beginning of this quarter BB's started popping up.
    02-18-12 02:34 AM
    Androids here.

Just waiting for the tide to go out....
    Same here in good ol' northeast Ohio.
    Not a big surprise I guess since Android is on so many different handsets. Eek :/
    02-18-12 02:46 AM
    I was at a mall yesterday in wichita, ks and picked up a case/cover for my 9930 at a kiosk. There were actually other people asking for cases/covers for their 9930's as well, that was a first. I went by the sprint kiosk and they actually had the 9930 on display. The rep said it was an awesome phone, which was another first.
    02-18-12 10:03 AM
    I work in the service industry in Portland, OR. BBs still dominate the corporate/business users but see more and more personal users as well. I even have customers come to me to "fix" their BBs. I do a battery pull and they slip me a 5-spot Just the other day I saw a 9780 that was dropped in cement! Looked ugly but still worked perfectly.
    Scotty_Dogg likes this.
    02-18-12 10:52 AM
    Was having lunch with a couple of my co-workers the other day, all 3 of us had BlackBerries. There were 3 women at the table next to us, all 3 of them had BlackBerries as well.
    02-18-12 12:53 PM

Perhaps the best line I have ever read in the forums. Awesome
    02-18-12 04:03 PM

yuup iphones everywhere here
    02-18-12 07:42 PM
    Everyone in my office just got the 9930 on Verizon. But theirs were company issued. I choose to get mine and bought out of pocket
    (Though a free company one would've been nice)
    On the other hand, I'm the only one here with a PlayBook. Our Executive Director saw me with it not long ago and after 5 minutes of me showing it off said "We have to get some of these!"
    Last edited by axllebeer; 02-18-12 at 09:23 PM.
    02-18-12 09:21 PM

Same here. I only know 2 people with the 9900 and I'm one of them. Droids all over the place.
    02-18-12 10:42 PM
    In edmonton, canada. Its all android & iphones unfortunatley. I work @ best buy mobile & 6 out of the 8 employees @ our kiosk own iphones& they're always bashing blackberry even in front of the customers !!! Makes me upset, since I'm a blackberry diehard but I'm always defending blackberry whenever I can ! #teamblackberry bi*ch !
    02-19-12 02:09 AM
    I work in DC and you see a shift in devices as you approach the city. In the suburbs you see a lot of iPhones and Androids. As you begin to approach the city you begin to see more BBerries. By the time you get to Union Station, BBerries are everywhere.
    02-19-12 07:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD