Well I just got my bold 9900 yesterday and I got it fully charged and I started using it today. I set my brightness to 10 what else should I do to not let the battery burn so fast? I have wifi and bluetooth off and nfc only my network on.
    Any help would be appreciated thanks !
    08-30-11 04:08 PM
    Well I just got my bold 9900 yesterday and I got it fully charged and I started using it today. I set my brightness to 10 what else should I do to not let the battery burn so fast? I have wifi and bluetooth off and nfc only my network on.
    Any help would be appreciated thanks !
    If you have a bad connection where you are at, that will suck a huge amount of battery as the phone is constantly trying to aquire a better signal.

Best thin you can do is Turn off Facebook notifications, set auto backlight off to 10 or 20 seconds rather than 30 (default), in the mobile network options, change it from 2g & 3G to only 2G after you have downloaded all the apps. You won't notice anything that really matters if you are not downloading an app but this will give you a huge increase in battery life.

Also, you need to give the battery 3 days to settle in so don't be too fast on judging right now.
    08-30-11 04:10 PM
    If you have a bad connection where you are at, that will suck a huge amount of battery as the phone is constantly trying to aquire a better signal.

Best thin you can do is Turn off Facebook notifications, set auto backlight off to 10 or 20 seconds rather than 30 (default), in the mobile network options, change it from 2g & 3G to only 2G after you have downloaded all the apps. You won't notice anything that really matters if you are not downloading an app but this will give you a huge increase in battery life.

Also, you need to give the battery 3 days to settle in so don't be too fast on judging right now.
    oh okay thanks very much but if im on 2g I cant talk on the phone and bbm at the sametime
    08-30-11 04:14 PM
    oh okay thanks very much but if im on 2g I cant talk on the phone and bbm at the sametime
    Offcourse you can, isn't 3G just faster browsing / download speeds? Give it a shot and see the difference in battery life, then you can tell for yourself

Plus, you talk on the phone + BBM? Talk about Multi Tasking heh? I have never done that
    08-30-11 04:41 PM
    Offcourse you can, isn't 3G just faster browsing / download speeds? Give it a shot and see the difference in battery life, then you can tell for yourself

Plus, you talk on the phone + BBM? Talk about Multi Tasking heh? I have never done that
    yeah I like to bbm and talk on the phone at night but I tried on my old bold 9000 you cant turn on 2g and do both unless you turn on 3g
    08-30-11 04:44 PM
    yeah I like to bbm and talk on the phone at night but I tried on my old bold 9000 you cant turn on 2g and do both unless you turn on 3g
    hmm, interesting to know
    08-30-11 04:48 PM
    I have come up with a solution for when i go to school or work. At home I have my network set up to H+/3G + 2G and wifi enabled. I have a 3rd party app that turns off my wifi when i leave my wifi zone. When I leave i set up my network to 2g. it is just as fast as 3g in sending messages and i dont get any dropped calls where i live soo the network is pretty good. this causes the battery to not drain and will be my substitute until UMA and Hotspots will be pushed out.
    08-30-11 04:53 PM
    I have come up with a solution for when i go to school or work. At home I have my network set up to H+/3G + 2G and wifi enabled. I have a 3rd party app that turns off my wifi when i leave my wifi zone. When I leave i set up my network to 2g. it is just as fast as 3g in sending messages and i dont get any dropped calls where i live soo the network is pretty good. this causes the battery to not drain and will be my substitute until UMA and Hotspots will be pushed out.
    for some reason when I change my phone to 2G it doesnt work looks like Ill have to talk to my carrier about this
    08-30-11 04:58 PM
    hmmm no you cannot do Data and voice at the same time on a 2g aka EDGE connection... that connect can only do one tunnel of information at a time... if you want to be able to talk on the phone and do data at the time time while on EDGE you need to connect to WIFI... otherwise only a 3G/HSPA/HSPA+ connection will let you do data and voice at the same time
    08-30-11 05:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD