Just a heads up: I'll be going through the working apps list and removing all paid apps from BlackBerry World after April 1, unless someone knows of a reason to keep them. If you do, let me know.

It's my understanding that no one will be able to complete new, first-time installations of those apps after April 1, so it will be kind of pointless to send people looking for them.

On the other hand, I think they'll still work for people who have them, so I'll throw them into a "Zombie Apps" section -- the walking dead, so to speak.
    leeleses likes this.
    03-20-18 09:56 AM
    Just a heads up: I'll be going through the working apps list and removing all paid apps from BlackBerry World after April 1, unless someone knows of a reason to keep them. If you do, let me know.

It's my understanding that no one will be able to complete new, first-time installations of those apps after April 1, so it will be kind of pointless to send people looking for them.

On the other hand, I think they'll still work for people who have them, so I'll throw them into a "Zombie Apps" section -- the walking dead, so to speak.
    Many apps can still be downloaded from the application's website.
    In addition there are several websites that offer free versions of applications that are paid at BBWorld.
    The installation of payment apps is independent of BBworld. If you have saved a payment app you can install it on another device unless she asks for a PIN code.
    I vote for trying to keep the reference of all those who continue to work.
    -------------------------------------------------- -------
    I take to indicate dead apps:
    -Smartsoft Currency Convert
    -Music Finder
    Last edited by Cixert; 03-20-18 at 07:18 PM.
    leeleses likes this.
    03-20-18 06:42 PM

Far be it from me to suppress your enthusiasm for maintaining this excellent community resource but, perhaps it would be better to place them in a separate 'box' (or just flag them) for now.
    I'm not clear exactly what will happen on BBW after April 1, perhaps it will be possible to 'reinstall' previous purchases.
    Similarly, as others indicate, it may be possible to source the apps from third party sites, developers etc.
    Early days ....
    Last edited by mushroom_daddy; 03-21-18 at 07:46 AM.
    03-21-18 04:15 AM
    I have an idea to return to WhatsApp and other applications in BBOS.
    It's not that WhatsApp matters to me, but I do find it worrisome to play with the Blackberry OS prestige closing these applications to the BBOS users detriment.
    We can propose a crowdfunding campaign and raise $ 1000 among 100 people by putting $ 10 each.
    This money raised goes to the person or work team that is making capable an app compatible with WhatsApp protocolo or that manages to operate whatsapp in BBOS.
    This would go hand in hand with certain conditions.
    And in case no one managed to do it, the money would be returned to the depositors.
    Of course, the proposal is made with all legal guarantees.
    It is WhatsApp & Facebook that does not comply with free competition laws.
    03-21-18 06:33 AM
    Far be it from me to suppress your enthusiasm for maintaining this excellent community resource but, perhaps it would be better to place them in a separate 'box' (or just flag them) for now.
    I'm not clear exactly what will happen on BBW after April 1, perhaps it will be possible to 'reinstall' previous purchases.
    Similarly, as others indicate, it may be possible to source the apps from third party sites, developers etc.
    Early days ....
    That makes sense. All I was planning to do was put them in a separate list of apps that still work, but you probably can't find. If someone provided an OTA, they could be re-added to the working list.

My rationale was to avoid having apps on the working list when they are no longer accessible.
    mushroom_daddy likes this.
    03-21-18 06:37 PM
    That makes sense. All I was planning to do was put them in a separate list of apps that still work, but you probably can't find. If someone provided an OTA, they could be re-added to the working list.

My rationale was to avoid having apps on the working list when they are no longer accessible.
    That's fine with me.
    What's happened to your Shuswap username?! You're currently displayed as anon(8063781) on Tapatalk, and CB forums web page.
    The Bold 99xx Working and Dead Apps List-screenshot_387.jpg
    Last edited by mushroom_daddy; 03-22-18 at 06:19 AM.
    03-22-18 01:24 AM
    This money raised goes to the person or work team that is making capable an app compatible with WhatsApp protocolo or that manages to operate whatsapp in BBOS.
    There is no public API for WhatsApp, and third party clients are expressly forbidden and actively blocked from accessing the service, so this idea is a no-go.

It is WhatsApp & Facebook that does not comply with free competition laws.
    Please cite the specific statute or statutes that you think WhatsApp is violating by keeping control over its own service.
    03-22-18 05:32 AM
    There is no public API for WhatsApp, and third party clients are expressly forbidden and actively blocked from accessing the service, so this idea is a no-go.

Please cite the specific statute or statutes that you think WhatsApp is violating by keeping control over its own service.
    CONSOLIDATED VERSIONS OF THE TREATY ON EUROPEAN UNION AND THE TREATY ON THE FUNCTIONING OF THE EUROPEAN UNION
    (2016/C 202/01)

Article 102
    (b) limiting production, markets or technical development to the prejudice of consumers;

C) applying dissimilar conditions to equivalent transactions with other trading parties, thereby placing them at a competitive disadvantage;
    https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-cont...C:2016:202:TOC
    To cite one of many that breaches banning access to WhatsApp and Facebook to BBOS users with the false excuse of the technical requirements.

In Android there are several third-party applications compatible with WhatsApp, why not have one in BBOS?
    https://www.gbwhatsapp.me/

Curious note: Blackberry has just sued Facebook, Instagram & Whastapp for patent infringement
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-b...-idUSKCN1GI2J2
    Last edited by Cixert; 03-22-18 at 11:13 AM.
    03-22-18 10:45 AM
    CONSOLIDATED VERSIONS OF THE TREATY ON EUROPEAN UNION AND THE TREATY ON THE FUNCTIONING OF THE EUROPEAN UNION
    (2016/C 202/01)

Article 102
    (b) limiting production, markets or technical development to the prejudice of consumers;

C) applying dissimilar conditions to equivalent transactions with other trading parties, thereby placing them at a competitive disadvantage;
    https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-cont...C:2016:202:TOC
    To cite one of many that breaches banning access to WhatsApp and Facebook to BBOS users with the false excuse of the technical requirements.
    Article 102 covers monopolist practices by companies with dominant market positions. Since there’s plenty of healthy competition in the mobile messaging space (including SMS, Line, email, Telegram, BBM, iMessage, etc.), you’d have a very difficult time arguing that it even applies to WhatsApp. And if you were successful in getting your case heard, WhatsApp would bury you in a mound of technical reasons why new development on BBOS could not go forward. That OS was outdated 10 years ago, today it’s positively ancient.
    As far as BB10, development of that OS has been dropped by its parent company. Why should WhatsApp be forced to keep something updated for an abandoned platform?
    03-22-18 01:41 PM
    Article 102 covers monopolist practices by companies with dominant market positions. Since there’s plenty of healthy competition in the mobile messaging space (including SMS, Line, email, Telegram, BBM, iMessage, etc.), you’d have a very difficult time arguing that it even applies to WhatsApp. And if you were successful in getting your case heard, WhatsApp would bury you in a mound of technical reasons why new development on BBOS could not go forward. That OS was outdated 10 years ago, today it’s positively ancient.
    As far as BB10, development of that OS has been dropped by its parent company. Why should WhatsApp be forced to keep something updated for an abandoned platform?
    We agree that no company is interested in defending an operating system for which new devices do not come out, even though there are already millions in the market.
    Other older devices continue to work with the Facebook app receiving instant messaging, because they are still making java phones.
    That same app is banned for BBOS users, we are told every day that we must buy a new phone with Android or iPhone.
    Is not it a monopoly practice to favor other platforms in consumer harm?
    I hope we do not extend here a discussion about the legal actions of these companies that would not lead us anywhere but I do ask a little reflection.
    BBOS obsolete 10 years ago? in the year 2008? I got lost in time, I bought my BB9360, new, in December 2014, 3 years and 3 months ago.
    (the model is from 2011 but the last BBOS model appeared in 2013)
    Although this is also not relevant and does not force anyone to anything.
    Of course it is not intended to force WhatsApp to keep your application updated, simply leaving it as is is enough.
    This is as if they forced to change all the fixed telephones installed in homes and private companies because the telephone company has brought to the market new telephones with video-conference.
    How many people use videoconferencing on the telephone set at home?
    I will never use it to make normal telephone calls from home, so I think it would be mindless to force all cell phones to change because some have video conferences and others do not.
    I'm not going to discuss the hidden Whasapp interests but I'm sure it has many.
    The really important thing is to know if you can legally perform an app compatible with Whasapp and I think so.
    There is no need to copy any API, or any patent. It is simply about making an app with compatible WhatsApp communication protocols.
    I even think that it is possibly much easier, it can be made to work the last official application without reverse engineering or any modification, simply by network simulation, making the server believe that this BBOS is actually an Android.
    In any case these legal issues, we are not competent, is an issue whose responsibility falls on the application developer, it is this who has to determine the way to get the system to work legally and this must be a requirement by the payer.
    So it would only be to know how many people would be willing to raise a quantity amount for crowdfunding, who does not want to put it simply does not do it, nor can prevent others from doing it.
    Last edited by Cixert; 03-24-18 at 10:16 AM.
    03-23-18 10:34 PM
    Another one bites the dust!

'Chiltern Railways' BB OS7 app for searching UK train times is now reporting that it is no longer in use and advises downloading the latest version from Google Playstore!
    Not much of a solution for Bold users

Shuswap (if you're still active) please strike it from the working list.
    04-09-18 12:28 AM
    I have found an interesting app:
    Google Quick Search by RIM
    This is officially on the BB8520.
    I have extracted it from a BB 8520 and installed on BB9900.
    The app add Google on the search results of the system on the home screen.
    --------------------------------------
    I have tried all the MP3 music players and I have found 2 new ones that are the best:
    -Glass Player_demo (with Playlist virtual edit Queue) (JAR)
    http://phoneky.com/java-software/?id=a3a4896
    (unfortunately I have not found the full version)
    -PodTrapper Podcast Manager (payment)
    http://www.versatilemonkey.com/d/pro...for_BlackBerry
    (it play mp3 list)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    I have also searched for all remote desktop applications:
    Remote desktop protocol RDP (Remote Desktop Protocol):
    -Shape.ag TSmobiles (client) (payment) (use Java version, BB version doesn't connect to the server)
    https://www.rdmplus.com/tsm/
    Remote Desktop protocol VNC (Virtual Network Computing):
    -Mocha VNC (client) (payment)
    VNC for BlackBerry - remote desktop - Download a 30 days trial version
    -RealVNC (original VNC) (payment)
    https://www.realvnc.com/en/connect/d...older-versions
    -Shape.ag VNC + (client) (payment) (use Java version, BB version doesn't connect to the server)
    https://www.rdmplus.com/vnc/
    Shape.ag private protocol:
    -Remote Desktop for Mobiles RDM+ (payment) (use Java version, BB version doesn't connect to the server)
    https://www.rdmplus.com
    Telnet:
    -BBSSH
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/bbssh/
    -Mocha Telnet (€ 30)
    Telnet / SSH-2 for BlackBerry - UNIX / Linux access. VT100 / VT220 Emulation. Download a 30 days trial version
    In addition, Mocha Soft has terminal emulator with several types of IBM terminals:
    http://www.mochasoft.dk/blackberry.html

------------------------------------------
    Also all camera applications:
    (this is on BBW)
    Mobiola Web Camera BlackBerry (BB webcam on Windows)
    P2P IP CAM_lite (cams P2P on BB)
    Piko + PikoCi (use BB as CCTV) (payment and web is close)
    Phido (use BB as CCTV)
    PhoneSnoop (open micro others Blackberry)
    TelView Mobile CCTV
    VT Sound Spy (if listen noise it call)
    Webcam (use BB as Webcam)
    4 same IP cam on BB:
    -eboo mobile
    -Haxe Mobile
    -JDC Mobile
    -VideoConsult
    ----------------------------------------------
    I have updated the list of all my apps:
    https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb.../#post13156983
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Dead apps:
    -Mobileradar
    ----------------------------------------------
    Last edited by Cixert; 05-08-18 at 08:30 PM.
    05-08-18 06:48 PM
    HoneyDew (task organizer)
    HoneyDew - A synchronized todo and task list for BlackBerry | VersatileMonkey.com

Versatool (trial) multi-tools
    VersaTool: An All-In-One BlackBerry Tool | VersatileMonkey.com

DeGroupTestNew (test Internet speed)
    BBW

BBMaps 1.7.1 (MGmaps based)
    https://lanankz.wordpress.com/2013/08/20/bbmaps-1-7-1/

I had not tried this map app before because I confused the name with the BB Maps system app.
    It is the same as MGMaps but updated to the year 2013.
    Many more maps work and remove the bug when installing original MGmaps (when rebooting the app disappeared)

Edit:
    Pico Mail is down?
    For days it has not worked for me
    Last edited by Cixert; 05-30-18 at 11:49 AM.
    05-28-18 08:19 PM
    I'm not convinced that HoneyDew offers much beyond the stock task manager in OS7. Can you sync talks to/from other client platforms?
    I use (used*) the OneMediaHub app (with Memotoo) to sync tasks between my 9900 (stock task manager) and the Toodledo platform.

*mostly on my Q10 nowadays
    05-31-18 08:25 AM
    I'm not convinced that HoneyDew offers much beyond the stock task manager in OS7. Can you sync talks to/from other client platforms?
    I use (used*) the OneMediaHub app (with Memotoo) to sync tasks between my 9900 (stock task manager) and the Toodledo platform.

*mostly on my Q10 nowadays
    Edit:
    Android version must work on BB10.
    http://ota.versatilemonkey.com/honeydew/HoneyDewA.apk
    The notes are synchronized on the versatilemonkey.com server
    (it works for small notes without a calendar)

Edit2:
    Blackberry Travel is down on February,18 2018 on BBOS & BB10
    now it only works to know the time on other cities and see the exchange rates without updating

LinkedIn app gives me error of Internet browser certificates, which can not establish connection, and then says that the username and password is not valid.
    does it work for you?

Edit 3:
    Facebook app 4.4.0.13 is dead.
    These days it says an error message:
    Facebook Response
    Error: REST API is deprecated for versions v.2.1 and highter (12)
    Last edited by Cixert; 06-11-18 at 04:23 PM.
    05-31-18 01:31 PM
    Does Spotify still work on bbos7?
    01-20-19 09:07 AM
    I’ve tried a lot of messenger. The only messenger that works is the XMS messenger. Really good. We chat doesn’t work anymore. WhatsApp we know
    Which another messenger works on OS7 ?

Let me know
    01-26-19 03:49 AM
    I’ve tried a lot of messenger. The only messenger that works is the XMS messenger. Really good. We chat doesn’t work anymore. WhatsApp we know

Let me know
    SMS. ;-)
    01-26-19 06:09 AM
    SMS. ;-)
    01-26-19 06:10 AM

Let me know
    Hike messenger are still working, and of course bbm
    Kommandant likes this.
    01-27-19 02:03 PM
    Hike messenger are still working, and of course bbm
    BBM only works with BIS ? I can not use BBM. How did I set up ? Can you tell me something about ? When I log in I can not add someone. :/

Hike. Ok. I will try it.
    01-27-19 03:47 PM

Let me know
    IM+ works with XMPP
    03-01-19 11:15 PM
    In case anyone's been looking for Tapatalk (the old link is dead), I found a link here: https://archive.org/download/TapatalkForumApp/

Haven't tried it myself yet (I have a good version installed), so it's caveat emptor. That being said, the .cod files are all the correct sizes, which would be hard to fake.
    03-08-19 09:26 PM
    News:

Hike doesn't work. and XMS end to work on 19Jun.
    BBM doesn't work for me.

which messenger works for BBOS ?
    06-16-19 11:23 AM
    Other than SMS, I'm not sure. The last Messenger I used was IM+ but it won't connect with my XMPP server any more, due to the TLS requirements.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Forums v1.3.3.
    06-16-19 11:32 PM
327 ... 1011121314