Thanks Ralph. I'll add that to the entry on LINE.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-17 07:58 AM
    Thanks Ralph. I'll add that to the entry on LINE.

Posted via CB10
    Such a shame about WA and Line! I mean, other than BBM what else is there now to use?

I keep reading that Blackberry and especially Nokia are making a comeback, so what then? Are these companies going to re-open app support for the ones they killed off? It's ridiculous.

I sure would like to know what Zuckerberg will do about WhatsApp in that situation.....
    04-11-17 07:24 PM
    Such a shame about WA and Line! I mean, other than BBM what else is there now to use?

I keep reading that Blackberry and especially Nokia are making a comeback, so what then? Are these companies going to re-open app support for the ones they killed off? It's ridiculous.

I sure would like to know what Zuckerberg will do about WhatsApp in that situation.....
    Well, both are coming back with Android devices, so technically, Whatsapp is supporting them. There's probably no hope of the Nokia 3310 getting Whatsapp, given that it appears to have a proprietary OS.
    anon(9721108) likes this.
    04-11-17 08:48 PM
    Well, both are coming back with Android devices, so technically, Whatsapp is supporting them. There's probably no hope of the Nokia 3310 getting Whatsapp, given that it appears to have a proprietary OS.
    technically they could put android there, WTF they use the S30+ Platform, rubbish, can't even run Java apps
    04-12-17 07:09 AM
    technically they could put android there, WTF they use the S30+ Platform, rubbish, can't even run Java apps
    Well, since it's 2G only, it will have a very limited lifespan in any part of the world hitting the 2G sunset. Several strange decisions went into that device.

Posted via CB10
    uxWare likes this.
    04-12-17 07:29 AM
    I'm a BIG E-Book reader. I have over 1100+ books in my Kindle Library besides all the other E-Books I have loaded on my systems in Calibre. Since I started my adventure w/ the 9900, I've tried the most popular readers including YReader Epub Reader. My personal choice is to use MobiPocket Reader or the Kindle App. I hated swapping back over to MOBI formated ebooks, but both apps work well. I even installed the old eReader app on my 9900 as well. It still works fine, but it's a little slow loading up when you have several E-Books added. MobiPocket allows you to invert the screen if you prefer "Night Reading Mode," like I do but both the MobiPocket Reader & the Kindle app work great. I've just finish my 12th book I've read on my 9900 last night. Just my $0.02. ;-) Take care.

Steve, K4SQI
    I use to have mobi reader on my 9900.
    Now I can't find it on link
    Doesn anyone have a functional link?
    04-13-17 09:20 AM
    It's on the first page of this thread. But here's the link. Hope that helps.

https://web-beta.archive.org/web/201...Blackberry.zip

Steve, k4sqi
    04-13-17 01:02 PM
    Another nice weather app.
    WeatherEye for BBOS, OTA can be downloader from http://weyebb.pelmorex.com/BlackBerry/ , tested and working!
    uses data from "The Weather Network"
    04-18-17 10:57 AM
    Another nice weather app.
    WeatherEye for BBOS, OTA can be downloader from http://weyebb.pelmorex.com/BlackBerry/ , tested and working!
    uses data from "The Weather Network"
    I just loaded it and working fine for me too. Thanks uxWare
    05-10-17 05:59 AM
    Hi everyone. Since secure email choices for those of us without BIS are rapidly dwindling, I've been looking into alternatives.

I contacted AstraSync, who provide a subscription-based ActiveSync email service. I mentioned that I maintain the lists in this thread, and asked them if they guarantee support for the duration of a subscription. I figured I wouldn't be the only one here wondering about that. They offer up to three-year subscriptions. The longer subscriptions are discounted, but paying for a subscription that long worried me.

An ActiveSync rep responded and ensured me that they would provide support throughout a subscription, and also gave me an additional 10% discount code to share with the readers of this thread: it's CB2017. I'll add it to the main app entry as well.

I am not affiliated with AstraSync in any way. I've trialed the email client, and it worked well, but I haven't subscribed yet. I'm trying to decide if I want to depend that heavily on my 9900 at this point.
    mushroom_daddy likes this.
    05-18-17 05:33 PM
    I've trialed the email client, and it worked well, but I haven't subscribed yet. I'm trying to decide if I want to depend that heavily on my 9900 at this point.
    Great work as always, many thanks for your continuing efforts on behalf of the Bold Adventurers

Does AstraSync integrate with the 9900 mail/message app or is it a completely different client? If the later and time permits some screen shots may be of interest to those that want to work without BIS.
    05-19-17 07:34 AM
    Great work as always, many thanks for your continuing efforts on behalf of the Bold Adventurers

Does AstraSync integrate with the 9900 mail/message app or is it a completely different client? If the later and time permits some screen shots may be of interest to those that want to work without BIS.
    I tried it some time ago, I had sync issues with my 9790, in one occasion I had to re-install completely the darn thing. Its a completely different client.
    05-19-17 09:34 AM
    I tried it some time ago, I had sync issues with my 9790, in one occasion I had to re-install completely the darn thing. Its a completely different client.
    Yep. This. It's a separate email client, but if I recall correctly, it integrates with the BlackBerry contacts and calendar apps.

I did not experience the sync issues, but the trial is only a week. It would be good if a few other people took advantage of the trial and reported back.
    05-19-17 07:28 PM
    Just powered up on old 9900. Using stock browser gives a lot of error pop ups. Opera mini the way to go?

Posted via CB10
    07-29-17 03:36 PM
    Just powered up on old 9900. Using stock browser gives a lot of error pop ups. Opera mini the way to go?

Posted via CB10
    You'll get a lot of certificate errors.

That being said, you can use the Google mobilizer to speed up browsing and avoid the pop ups with the regular browser. I use it with my bookmarks. To try it, add https://googleweblight.com/?lite_url= before the address, as in https://googleweblight.com/?lite_url...ww.example.com.

For quick searches, etc., Opera Mini is a better choice.
    07-29-17 08:17 PM
    Ok, thanks!

Posted via CB10
    07-30-17 12:22 AM
    Obsolete
    07-30-17 01:27 AM
    Obsolete, sorry for the spam.
    07-30-17 01:30 AM
    Has anybody managed to use or test the UCBrowser recently? I can't pick this up from BBW on my 9900 (UK) and if I download direct from the UC website it returns a '907 Invalid COD' error when trying to run.

Download UC browser for Blackberry 9900 _UCWEB
    08-29-17 05:40 AM
    Has anybody managed to use or test the UCBrowser recently? I can't pick this up from BBW on my 9900 (UK) and if I download direct from the UC website it returns a '907 Invalid COD' error when trying to run.

Download UC browser for Blackberry 9900 _UCWEB
    Version 8.1.0.216 is still working on my 9900. It's in BB World. Do you still have access to it there?

I think I need to search around on the internet archive for the old version of BBSAK that lets you save one app at a time.
    08-30-17 07:14 PM
    I don't seem to be able to find the UC browser on BBW using my 9900, perhaps its a regional (UK) thing. That's why I was trying a download from the UC web servers.

Does it work well as a browser on the 9900?
    After a week with the 9900 I realise that the stock BBOS browser just doesn't deliver enough for me to be able to use the 9900 as my main handset in 2017.
    Back my Q10 for now, which is very capable, but missing the trackpad.

UPDATE: found it by searching from my desktop and now have a link to UCBrowser in BBW. I'll try an install when next using my 9900

https://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/54873

UPDATE 2: I've now installed the UC browser on my 9900, it's a little rudimentary to say the least, but works fine
    Last edited by mushroom_daddy; 09-02-17 at 03:02 AM. Reason: update / revision
    08-31-17 05:21 AM
    Just a thought. If you can live with a Q10 but miss the trackpad, why not getting a Classic?

Posted via CB10
    mushroom_daddy likes this.
    09-02-17 01:11 AM
    Just a thought. If you can live with a Q10 but miss the trackpad, why not getting a Classic?
    I have certainly considered it but the Classic has a larger form factor and lacks the interchangeable battery function that so often 'saves the day'.
    I might go that way eventually, but on the other hand if I'm going large, I might get a KEYone
    09-02-17 02:56 AM
    For those whose employers are still using FirstClass email client, I downloaded the mobile client and it works without BIS! The calendar syncing also worked so the 9900 is officially my work phone again.
    anon(9721108) likes this.
    09-12-17 11:59 AM
    For those whose employers are still using FirstClass email client, I downloaded the mobile client and it works without BIS! The calendar syncing also worked so the 9900 is officially my work phone again.
    Nice to know! I'll add this to the list when I'm on my laptop next.

Sent from my Passport using Forum Fiend OSP
    09-12-17 08:18 PM
327 ... 7891011 ...