what about convert to PDB for iSilo , via iSiloX
    I've had a mixture of good/bad luck converting e-Books to iSilo format using iSiloX. It comes down to how properly formatted the the original e-Book is. If I try to go that route, I'll convert to an htmlz file in Calibre and then unzip it & use iSiloX to convert the HTML format to iSilo. I have iSilo loaded on my 9900, but would hate to try to load up anything real big into it. I've had it struggle on a couple of bigger files that would load right up on any of my BB10 devices/Android/etc. Take care!

Steve, K4SQI
    03-21-17 12:42 AM
    guys check that nice calc! Its scientific has bin/hex/oct + other conversions , sadly its not RPN
    Calc4M
    03-21-17 05:02 PM
    Have u tried this app? This is one of the best apps..3g and 2g networks can be toggled right away from menu. Very handy

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/18512383
    03-21-17 11:42 PM
    Have u tried this app? This is one of the best apps..3g and 2g networks can be toggled right away from menu. Very handy

Nice! I'll add it to the list this weekend.
    03-22-17 12:25 AM
    Tried IM+ with facebook and twitter

Nothing seems to be working fine
    03-22-17 02:51 AM
    I'm a BIG E-Book reader. I have over 1100+ books in my Kindle Library besides all the other E-Books I have loaded on my systems in Calibre. Since I started my adventure w/ the 9900, I've tried the most popular readers including YReader Epub Reader. My personal choice is to use MobiPocket Reader or the Kindle App. I hated swapping back over to MOBI formated ebooks, but both apps work well. I even installed the old eReader app on my 9900 as well. It still works fine, but it's a little slow loading up when you have several E-Books added. MobiPocket allows you to invert the screen if you prefer "Night Reading Mode," like I do but both the MobiPocket Reader & the Kindle app work great.
    Not had much success with the Kindle app on my 9900 and I tend to read mostly using my PlayBook (a Kindle reader is now its primary use).
    I know that you can convert kindle books and the upload them to the 9900 but I like keeping everything in sync between my devices and that's probably more clunky if you move away from Kindle format
    03-22-17 04:13 AM
    Not had much success with the Kindle app on my 9900 and I tend to read mostly using my PlayBook (a Kindle reader is now its primary use).
    I know that you can convert kindle books and the upload them to the 9900 but I like keeping everything in sync between my devices and that's probably more clunky if you move away from Kindle format
    I am still able to sign into Kindle and access my library. All the books are available and the points I've read to are correctly in sync.

When your original sign in fails, Amazon sends an email to you with a temporary password. Using that password works, or at least, it still works for me.

I have never tried buying a book from my 9900, so I don't know if that works.
    03-22-17 08:56 AM
    Tried IM+ with facebook and twitter

Nothing seems to be working fine
    The only function that I am aware of that still works is Jabber. Skype hasn't worked forever, and I gave up my Yahoo messenger account a while ago, so I don't know if that still functions or not.
    03-22-17 09:01 AM
    Ok thanks for confirmation

Is there any good pdf reader? I found it difficult to read pdf files on 9900 using adobe
    03-22-17 09:13 AM
    Ok thanks for confirmation

Is there any good pdf reader? I found it difficult to read pdf files on 9900 using adobe

I suspect that reading pdf files on the 9900 will never be fun, but the reader built into Documents to Go works well. It was pre-installed on my 9900, but if you don't have Docs to Go, you can get it here: BlackBerry OTA Downloads

You'll probably have to uninstall adobe or else it will have priority for opening pdf's over Documents to Go.

Since Docs to Go is about 5 years old, it may not open the latest pdf formats (adobe adds capabilities and alters the file format frequently), but I haven't had any problems with the pdf's I've needed to open.
    03-22-17 09:27 AM
    I am still able to sign into Kindle and access my library. All the books are available and the points I've read to are correctly in sync.

When your original sign in fails, Amazon sends an email to you with a temporary password. Using that password works, or at least, it still works for me.

I have never tried buying a book from my 9900, so I don't know if that works.
    It's not the actual sign-in stage that fails for me, or accessing my library – I am able to download Kindle books from my library that are being read elsewhere (eg. my PlayBook) but when I try to open the it always returns an 'Invalid book' error message and tells me to download it again

UPDATE: now working!
    Cleared all books, Logged out, generated new Amazon pass-code, back in, and now as if by magic all is working fine - perhaps I'm just going mad, whatever the reason I'm happy to have this working again
    Last edited by mushroom_daddy; 03-22-17 at 05:55 PM.
    anon(8063781) likes this.
    03-22-17 10:24 AM
    Epub reader by omt software works
    Avaliable on BB World
    Free

Based on your reports, I've added this to the might work list. Thanks!
    03-25-17 01:25 PM
    FYI, my latest purchase from the app world is Baamboo Player Premium w/ a couple of skins. It works great as well. :-) Take care.

Steve, K4SQI

Added. Thanks!
    03-25-17 01:26 PM
    I have the Miroamer Global radio on my apps (seems ad-supported app)
    tested only under Device Simulator , started to play music from one net radio channel.
    its up to you to try.

miRoamer Global Radio

Added to the might work list. Thanks!
    03-25-17 01:27 PM
    guys check that nice calc! Its scientific has bin/hex/oct + other conversions , sadly its not RPN
    Calc4M

Added! I love it when obscure apps show up!
    03-25-17 01:29 PM

Added! Thanks again!
    03-25-17 01:29 PM
    WTH happened to multi-quote? Can we still quote several messages in one reply?
    03-25-17 01:30 PM
    I've added a number of insecure email apps to the Dead Apps list, even though they may still work. It seemed irresponsible to imply that they were okay to use. They're under a new heading: "Apps that should be dead (but aren't)."

Edit: March 31. See this post. It appears that picomail only connects via cellular data. But it will connect via WiFi if you use Aerize WiFiX.
    Last edited by Shuswap; 03-31-17 at 07:02 PM.
    anon(9721108) and uxWare like this.
    03-25-17 02:19 PM
    Added! Thanks again!
    Using ShortcutMe_Touch you have the same result and much more.
    03-29-17 07:17 AM
    +1 for FileScout, in addition to it's enhanced file handling capabilities,
    it can also provides a screen capture option,
    plus has a rather neat WiFi file sharing facility that can be a handy way to interact with files on your 9900 (when you don't have a USB cable to hand) from your PC/Mac browser

More info on the developers FileScout home page: FileScout Homepage - a file manager Software for BlackBerry® Devices with OS 4.3 or higher
    For those who are interested ....

FileScout is now effectively free in BBWorld, where a license key is provided for v4.0.09.
    Having just paid for FileScout a month or so back I just missed the 'free ride', but I'm happy to support the developer and he has promptly responded to a couple of enquiries I made via the emacberry forums. Of course, the developer remains happy to receive donations via the 'BUY' button
    anon(8063781) and uxWare like this.
    03-29-17 08:10 AM
    For those who are interested ....

FileScout is now effectively free in BBWorld, where a license key is provided for v4.0.09.
    Having just paid for FileScout a month or so back I just missed the 'free ride', but I'm happy to support the developer and he has promptly responded to a couple of enquiries I made via the emacberry forums. Of course, the developer remains happy to receive donations via the 'BUY' button
    100% agree, FileScout is a great app & was worth the $$. I use it all the time. Take care.

Steve, K4SQI
    mushroom_daddy likes this.
    03-29-17 10:46 AM
    The only function that I am aware of that still works is Jabber. Skype hasn't worked forever, and I gave up my Yahoo messenger account a while ago, so I don't know if that still functions or not.
    As I posted earlier, besides Jabber, ICQ & Google Talk still work as well. I don't promise how much longer they'll work, but as of right now they do. I pruchased the Pro version and then purchased Trillian. Trillian seems to work better. Take care.

Steve, K4SQI
    03-29-17 10:49 AM
    What about audiobooks?

I downloaded it yesterday but I didn't have much time to test how It works, but I am sure it works.

TOMplayer
    http://emacberry.com/tomplayer.html
    04-05-17 02:03 AM
    What about audiobooks?

I downloaded it yesterday but I didn't have much time to test how It works, but I am sure it works.

TOMplayer
    TOMPlayer - 100% free MediaPlayer Software for BlackBerry® Devices with OS 4.3 or higher

Cool! Thanks. Adding it to the list!
    04-08-17 02:33 PM
    Line BlackBerry Support Ends This July
    http://a.mynews.ly/!MD.FhB2m
    anon(8063781) likes this.
    04-10-17 11:49 PM
327 ... 678910 ...