Apps that may work (Report on your experience!)
    My Viber app wont recognize my phone number, it keeps telling me that it is invalid, it doesn't appear to be available in BBW but i was able to re-install it on my phone from when i had it previously on my 9900, I contacted Viber about the issue on Monday but they still didn't get back to me about it. It would have been great if Viber was working, if anyone had the same issue and was able to fix it let me know. Also, i have the desktop app of Viber, i decided to deactivate the account and then try to re-activate it but it tells me that the same number is invalid.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    06-08-16 06:00 PM
    My Viber app wont recognize my phone number, it keeps telling me that it is invalid, it doesn't appear to be available in BBW but i was able to re-install it on my phone from when i had it previously on my 9900, I contacted Viber about the issue on Monday but they still didn't get back to me about it. It would have been great if Viber was working, if anyone had the same issue and was able to fix it let me know. Also, i have the desktop app of Viber, i decided to deactivate the account and then try to re-activate it but it tells me that the same number is invalid.

Thanks. I thought I'd seen a similar comment elsewhere in the forums. I'll give it a shot too. I still have it installed, but never use it. I can't find it in BlackBerry World either. It's probably abandoned.
    06-08-16 08:52 PM
    Another dead app, sadly is Detoday - I have purchased this app a long time ago, but now I see only the free trial version - you cannot activate the license. I wrote several times to the developer but got no reply.

I also confirm that viber is dead. If you try to reinstall - the app sees that you are running Blackberry OS and simply says that your number is invalid. This in my opinion is stupid on viber people - I understand that they stopped support for the app on our devices, but why not be able to install and run it as it is.
    anon(8063781) likes this.
    06-14-16 02:19 AM
    Another dead app, sadly is Detoday - I have purchased this app a long time ago, but now I see only the free trial version - you cannot activate the license. I wrote several times to the developer but got no reply.

I also confirm that viber is dead. If you try to reinstall - the app sees that you are running Blackberry OS and simply says that your number is invalid. This in my opinion is stupid on viber people - I understand that they stopped support for the app on our devices, but why not be able to install and run it as it is.
    Thanks for the reports. I'll make the changes at the end of the week when I get back from vacation
    06-14-16 10:33 AM
    Here is a link for some OTA downloads of previous versions of apps, particularly facebook, which will avoid having to use the newest version which is just a link to the website
    theiexplorers.com/OTA/#Facebook

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900
    06-14-16 11:24 AM
    Has anyone tried the application blackbook in BBW? Is it still available
    06-15-16 07:26 AM
    I cannot find pandora app in BB world. Im using 9790 and Im from India
    06-16-16 05:44 AM
    My "Client for Instagram" has just today stopped uploading pics. I am hesitant to call it "dead" because the guy is constantly providing updates to it and recently he added a ton of new features where we can see the feed, comment other pics, etc. So I will see what happens in the next week or so. Hopefully he will update it like he was every week in the last month, and this will fix it.

06-17-16 01:57 AM
    Is there any working Youtube player for bb7? I'm using q10 because on bb7 no video player is working fine. Other than this, I like bb7 more than bb10
    06-19-16 12:55 AM
    Hello everyone! This is my first post
    I have a question, when you say dead apps do you mean the apps no longer work if installed or the developers have abandoned supporting and updating them but the apps do work?
    I am going to buy a brand new 9930 on hopes to use it for viber. Will it work for me???
    Awesome forum))
    Brook.
    06-19-16 11:04 AM
    Hello everyone! This is my first post
    I have a question, when you say dead apps do you mean the apps no longer work if installed or the developers have abandoned supporting and updating them but the apps do work?
    I am going to buy a brand new 9930 on hopes to use it for viber. Will it work for me???
    Awesome forum))
    Brook.
    So far, dead apps includes apps that no longer work at all and those that work only for a trial period. If the app is abandoned by the developer, but still functions, it will be in the working apps list.

Viber, unfortunately, stopped working recently. When I try to go through the setup procedure, it won't send me the SMS code. Others have reported the same problem. Another person reported getting a little further in the process, but received a message saying that the operating system is not supported.
    06-19-16 02:39 PM
    Is there any working Youtube player for bb7? I'm using q10 because on bb7 no video player is working fine. Other than this, I like bb7 more than bb10
    The native youtube app -- which is really just a browser shortcut -- works for me. It seems to send videos to the built-in video player.
    06-19-16 02:46 PM
    Thanks. I thought I'd seen a similar comment elsewhere in the forums. I'll give it a shot too. I still have it installed, but never use it. I can't find it in BlackBerry World either. It's probably abandoned.
    Yeah, Viber decided to stop BBOS support, they said if you had it downloaded and activated then it would still work after they stop their support but it wont let you register and i've tried many different versions of the app. It's a shame that they wont allow users activate their numbers because i'm sure after a factory reset many users will be upset to find out that they can't use Viber anymore.

06-19-16 02:48 PM
    I cannot find pandora app in BB world. Im using 9790 and Im from India
    Pandora is likely geo-blocked in India. It's blocked for me in Canada. I can see it if I go to BB World on my desktop browser (https://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/872/), but it does not appear in the BB World app on my Bold 9900.
    06-19-16 02:51 PM
    I added a good Call Blocker app called "Call Control." Believe me I had a few of them that were lame ducks before I found this one. It lets you block up to 5 callers or spam numbers and then after that I think they charge a small fee, but totally worth it if you hate getting spammed.

06-20-16 12:32 AM
    Thank you OP for the reply.
    Ok i guess viber has moved on. Ive checked on their website and they fully support BB10 and say it runs on OS7 too if the device is already activated..but no luck for new installs as youve said Am sad to hear that viber is really dead for these great devices.
    I am still going to get my 9930, its still an amazing device regardless
    Thanks again

Brook.
    06-20-16 12:56 AM
    I added a good Call Blocker app called "Call Control." Believe me I had a few of them that were lame ducks before I found this one. It lets you block up to 5 callers or spam numbers and then after that I think they charge a small fee, but totally worth it if you hate getting spammed.

Ralph, are you using "Call Control Blacklist Lite" or "Call Control Pro"?
    06-20-16 09:54 AM
    Blacklist Lite

06-20-16 10:26 AM

Really missing DeToday, was working 2 years ago but as you say, only trial loads. Never seen anything similar to it.
    06-22-16 03:49 PM
    The native youtube app -- which is really just a browser shortcut -- works for me. It seems to send videos to the built-in video player.
    Do u observe lag between audio video. I find it too much difficult to watch, is there any other app? Player for youtube not working..pls help
    06-23-16 01:42 PM
    Well I was happy to see another update for my Client for IG app today because for about 2 weeks I was not able to upload pics like I have been for months. Did the update and it didn't help. The guy says he is constantly making improvements since he had added more features to the app but not all the bugs are worked out.

I'm hesitant to call it "dead" because he is still on it, but I can only hope it gets resolved. It's a total pain to email pics to my ipad if I want to upload to IG otherwise.

Attached Thumbnails The Bold 99xx Working and Dead Apps List-tapaupload0.jpg  
    06-23-16 06:42 PM
    Great thread .. I could not get Logic mail working on my 9900 however. I copied my other phones settings. Not sure .. Oh well. WIFI 9900 sidelined.
    06-24-16 09:49 PM
    Great thread .. I could not get Logic mail working on my 9900 however. I copied my other phones settings. Not sure .. Oh well. WIFI 9900 sidelined.
    This post covers my latest experience with LogicMail: Guide: BlackBerry OS 7 (maybe 6) WITHOUT BIS

This one explains how I'm using it now, with my outlook.com and yahoo mail accounts: Guide: BlackBerry OS 7 (maybe 6) WITHOUT BIS
    06-25-16 09:50 AM
    Do u observe lag between audio video. I find it too much difficult to watch, is there any other app? Player for youtube not working..pls help
    LOL. You're right! I just usually turn on music videos and walk away. If anyone knows of a better YouTube app, let me know too.
    06-25-16 10:08 AM
    Works for me on my 9900. I just use the default YouTube icon that came with the OS/phone. I think it just wraps around a browser or something, but it works perfectly. Better off than my Playbook
    06-25-16 10:08 AM
327 12345 ...