When you pinch zoom on the browser please tell me that it automatically re sizes the text to fit the screen? I remember OS 5 had column view which was awesome and then OS6 had the most frustrating browser ever! Please tell me RIM solved this with 0S7 by allowing the screen text to re size to fit every time you pinch zoom.
    08-10-11 01:34 PM
    This was never really an issue. Just double tap or use the trackpad to zoom if you want word wrapping. Pinch to zoom does not modify the text, and it's more for images.
    08-10-11 01:35 PM
    Wow that's going to be annoying to use from what I gather. I'm using Opera on my 9780 currently and it's way better than pinch zooming every 2 seconds on the native BB browser. Perhaps it is less annoying with a touch screen though because I have never used one. I really wish they would of implemented column view back into OS6 and OS7 they had a real winner with that feature in terms of browser experience.
    08-10-11 01:47 PM
    Wow that's going to be annoying to use from what I gather.
    Not really. Clicking on the trackpad is not much different than pressing the keyboard shortcut for column view (I never liked having it on by default).
    08-10-11 01:49 PM
    Not really. Clicking on the trackpad is not much different than pressing the keyboard shortcut for column view (I never liked having it on by default).
    Hmm I guess different people like different things. For me personally I hated not having column view on OS6 because in OS5 the page would always render to fit and you wouldn't have to do any zooming or double clicking of the track pad you just scroll through and read the information. Also read a whole bunch of posts about people complaining about the lack of column view in OS6. However reading from your post not everyone was a fan of it from the get go.
    08-10-11 01:53 PM
    This was never really an issue. Just double tap or use the trackpad to zoom if you want word wrapping. Pinch to zoom does not modify the text, and it's more for images.
    This does not always work. Sure, it will zoom, but most of the time, the text does not reflow. You have to scroll left to right to read the text which is ridiculous! Other times, it will reflow, but the text is very small and hard to read.

I hope the OS7 browser has addressed this...
    08-10-11 04:21 PM
    This is a bit annoying. If you zoom into an email message the text will reflow. Wish the browser was the same.
    08-10-11 06:22 PM
    Can you change the text size in BB OS7 browsers?
    08-10-11 06:37 PM
    Can you change the text size in BB OS7 browsers?
    Yes, but for some reason, the minimum size is 9. And it doesn't really seem to do much. Overall, not too crazy about the browser implementation (seems buggy...). However, Opera Mini works great as you get the touchscreen version which is a bit better than the trackpad one.
    08-10-11 07:58 PM
    Go use an Android browser and tell me you don't mind the lack of text reflow. I do not understand why no one else employs this, it's built in to the code (CSS), should be an easy implementation. The fact that the Android browser automatically reflows the text is simply amazing.

I refuse to use a mobile browser WITHOUT this feature, hence I'm stuck on Android.
    08-18-11 05:37 PM
    This does not always work. Sure, it will zoom, but most of the time, the text does not reflow. You have to scroll left to right to read the text which is ridiculous! Other times, it will reflow, but the text is very small and hard to read.

I hope the OS7 browser has addressed this...
    Surprisingly, the leader (iPhone) doesn't use text reflow either. The Android (which I use) does, and it keeps me there.....it's simply the best.
    08-18-11 05:40 PM
    This is a bit annoying. If you zoom into an email message the text will reflow. Wish the browser was the same.
    It works, just increase the size of the font under Browser options to maybe 20+ then double tap the screen (not pinch).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-11 06:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD