I've had a few BB's before and had some issues with unlocked phones but was usually able to fix it at least to reasonable standards. I recently bought a Bold 9930 secondhand which seemed to have some liquid damage (that I couldn't see at the time of sale) but still seemed usable except for a few issues. I took it to a phone repair shop and had it cleaned out and unlocked and tried to use it with my T mobile SIM card. ( They also said the battery isnt good) Before I had taken it i did notice there seemed to be an icon for text messaging but no option to actually text, no browser option, I also noticed Facebook etc wasn't showing up even though it said it somewhere in settings or applications when I was looked around. I have it back and went into options and resent myself the service books and registered through host routing table and rebooted. Nothing seems to have changed.

This is exactly what I see wrong with it right now:

1- text message icon yet no option to text or "compose SMS, MMS"
    2- no browser option and error message saying " Your device does not currently have any Browser Configuration Service Book Entries. Please contact your service provider to enable the Browser on your device" ( under Application Management it says last used March 6, 2013 so I know it had one)
    3- BBM has error saying "This application has been disabled by IT policy.
    4- I can't remove the password. When I go to the option for it under security it's faded out and has a small icon of a lock so it can't be changed.
    5- under Application Management I see a couple apps like Facebook that I don't see icons for on the homepage or anything clickable to go to for it. Properties says it was never used.

It seems to me that maybe the person had it because of work and the company set it. I was tempted to do a factory set but I'm afraid if I do it will relocate the phone. I also have another small ( yeah right) issue rights now since my laptop finally crashed so I can't hook to a comp to load anything.

My nerves are about done for with this and I'm thinking of getting a new battery and posting it for sale explaining everything. Arghhhhhhh! Please tell me there's a way to fix this before I pull the rest of my hair out.
    08-28-13 07:08 PM
    Have you tried to remove the IT Policy following the steps in the thread found in the How To section of the CrackBerry forums?

Do you have a BLACKBERRY Data Plan from TMobile?

Have you read this thread and followed all the instructions to load the Service Books and get the data features working?
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...mobile-696013/

And you are going to need to get access to a computer in order to get it working.
    08-28-13 07:28 PM
    Yes, I have the data plan, but no I haven't tried the IT policy solution yet. I have been reading a lot on here, but I was starting to get confused and figured I should ask about my phone since it seemed to have a few different issues. I was also concerned about using the IT policy solution because I saw involves factory resetting and I didn't know if that would relocate the phone.
    08-28-13 07:34 PM
    Sorry typo- relock* the phone
    08-28-13 07:35 PM
    Thank you, I did the factory set and luckily everything seems to work except for the visual voicemail, which I'm not sure I'm supposed to have on my plan anyway. Right now I'm working on trying to find out how to get the app world back on the phone and have my BBM switched over. I don't think I have to do the whole unlocking features thing (I hope, I had a hard time trying to figure some of it out)
    09-08-13 12:45 AM