I think the most telling fact that the 9930 will be with Verizon soon is that the Bold has now been taken off of the Verizon Wireless website. That has got to be meaningful with respect to them offering the 9930 shortly.
    I agree, I saw it last night still available at $149.99 and someone saw this morning the same thing and when they "run out of stock" they usually have it posted with that right over the phone so imo for them to actually remove the device from the list of blackberry phones is a positive one.

if they ran out of stock I was told they could still send me one from another location, and they would just leave device on the site and keep getting any sales.
    08-09-11 10:09 PM
    Another theory i have, this i hope to be not true. Verizon has a 14 day return policy and if they stop selling the bolds tomorrow both in store and online its the 10th. 14+10=24 and after the 14th day which prevents returns will be the 25th. Thats a logical explanation for a 25th release date.
    colbyo likes this.
    08-09-11 10:34 PM
    Lulla, your logical is good. I am going to believe that the 25th is the date.
    08-09-11 11:06 PM
    Testman site has the phone page down...maybe for an update? Online by the 10th/11th and in stores next week. I'm crossing my fingers for it.
    08-09-11 11:10 PM
    Testman site has the phone page down...maybe for an update? Online by the 10th/11th and in stores next week. I'm crossing my fingers for it.
    As of how long ago?
    08-09-11 11:12 PM
    I checked right after midnight EST.

It says the page is currently not available, etc etc. Call for assistance. And it links to "phone" "plans" etc. Click on phones again to verify and it doesn't work.
    08-09-11 11:19 PM
    is vzw known for announcing devices at any certain time?
    08-09-11 11:29 PM
    Not really, from the times and dates posted on this site for past Verizon blackberries, they're scattered. Sunday for the Tour, Thursday for Bold, etc. etc.

I'm keeping my eye on the testman site and the press releases.
    tucker0421 likes this.
    08-09-11 11:31 PM
    As of how long ago?
    I was checking testman about 9:30pm eastern and it was down then.
    Just checked now and it says page is currently not available when you click on phones. Something is going on...
    08-09-11 11:35 PM
    Just checked now and it says page is currently not available when you click on phones. Something is going on...
    I had some friends in my BBM chat I was talking to about this today. I'm pretty sure they have been checking the testman site throughout the day and the phones page has been down for days.

According to them nothing has changed. Are you sure you've seen changes on it recently? I will try checking it myself from now on as well.
    08-09-11 11:54 PM
    Just saw that too. I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve. I want to hurry up and go to bed so the morning comes quicker. Fantasizing that it will be not just on testman, but on sale when I wake up.

My gaaaawd, this one feels like the looooongest wait for a release ever!
    08-10-11 12:01 AM
    I tried the phones page early August 9th (like 2am EST) and the phones were up, although I hadn't checked all day and only checked shortly after midnight on August 10th where I noticed the change. So I can only say I saw phones over here yesterday early morning.

On a slightly different topic, it looks like India is getting the phone August 11th. Hopeful we might be aligned.

BlackBerry 9900 slated for August 11 launch
    08-10-11 12:02 AM
    Another theory i have, this i hope to be not true. Verizon has a 14 day return policy and if they stop selling the bolds tomorrow both in store and online its the 10th. 14+10=24 and after the 14th day which prevents returns will be the 25th. Thats a logical explanation for a 25th release date.
    Damn.. That seems to make too much sense :/ I am dieing over here because of all the ROGER people who already have the phone I almost don't want your idea to be true, but all signs point to that date because of the recent leaked document too.. It said the 25th if I recall correctly. Bahhhh :X
    08-10-11 12:12 AM
    Damn.. That seems to make too much sense :/ I am dieing over here because of all the ROGER people who already have the phone I almost don't want your idea to be true, but all signs point to that date because of the recent leaked document too.. It said the 25th if I recall correctly. Bahhhh :X
    ^^ was just gonna say this. It makes too much sense. And it goes along with the release date we keep seeing. It seems more like Verizon to screw all of the recent Bold 9650 purchasers out of a return than a 'houdini' release out of nowhere. Who knows I suppose.
    08-10-11 12:23 AM
    I don't know, it just seems like a lot of scheming for a Blackberry. I think they're more concerned about selling iPhones and Androids than screwing with Blackberry customers they seem to have a lesser regard for.

Then again I'm still hopeful for this week or next week online/in stores.

Perhaps we're all getting so stir crazy that we're starting to put things together that shouldn't be put together. Just a thought.
    08-10-11 12:26 AM
    ^^ was just gonna say this. It makes too much sense. And it goes along with the release date we keep seeing. It seems more like Verizon to screw all of the recent Bold 9650 purchasers out of a return than a 'houdini' release out of nowhere. Who knows I suppose.
    But then again, like with the Bold 9650 when I purchased it, I was able to get it close to a week in advance because I ordered it off their website. So even if this release date is set for the 25th, hopefully the same holds true and it is some day between the 11th and 19th for online purchases (that of course have a 1 day shipping, or at least the Bold 9650 had a 1 day free shipping when I purchased it). Just my 2 cents.
    08-10-11 01:30 AM
    I'm really hoping for this to be released soon since I sold my iPhone 4 yesterday and am using a 3 year old flip phone in the meantime. Hopefully the disappearance of the 9650s is a good sign.
    08-10-11 06:45 AM
    Testman still down - this is a good sign.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-10-11 07:01 AM
    what is the testman site?
    08-10-11 08:15 AM
    what is the testman site?
    testman.verizonwireless.com

it's their live testing website. Sometimes you can see new stuff on there before it hits the regular web page
    colbyo likes this.
    08-10-11 08:45 AM
    Testman still down - this is a good sign.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Its up now and I don't see anything really new :/
    08-10-11 06:02 PM
    blackberry phones are what helped make verizon what it is today! you would think they would have more respect than this!
    i was so pushed to BB when i went to VZW years ago it wasn't even funny! thank you to the girl who got me there though as i am now a true crackberry at heart!
    but all this bs with secret release dates! that's why i dont give the vzw stores the satisfaction anymore and i go to best buy and dont play with this rebate crap in a month on a debit card!
    JUST GIVE US OUR PHONES VERIZON!!!!!!!!!
    08-10-11 06:07 PM
    I know, I know another VZW store post, but I DIDN'T talk to a rep HA...

I did notice though that where they had the BB's before (just last week), now only had one spot for the Curve, and the other 4 locations under that poster were phones that were else where in the store....also the "poster" was of the droid 2......I have my own thoughts on that, leave you each to your own conclusions......
    08-10-11 07:20 PM
    I got an idea to find out the release date. Lets start another thread asking when the release date will be for VZW. If that dont work, we can start another one.
    See...I'd expect this kind of unneeded sarcasm from an Auburn fan. Angry at the world cause you're not as good as Bama, so you have to take it out on an internet forums about cell phones.
    08-10-11 07:50 PM
    Because it applied and you fall in the same category. When they announce it they announce it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    Haha. A DROID user complaining about people on a BlackBerry Forum?
    08-10-11 07:54 PM
75 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD